Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 1 day)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 147 60.7%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 14.9%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Puckpedia came up with 28 submitted rosters out of the 32. And guess what? Montreal is among the 4 missing :facepalm:

Just wanted to know who they did paper. Did they put RHP on LTIR prior to submitting?
Last year Montreal did expressively announce its paper transactions on Twitter, did the league veto it this year?

I don't think the league vetoed it, unless they miscalculated things.

They was articles about who is being shipped to Laval and who was at practices yesterday on the official website. Looks like they don't care to explain how they are meeting the cap requirement.

Reactions: HomaridII

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Tell me Montreal has intentionally played horrendously, it's like that they haven't got a clue how to play hockey, simply terrible boring hockey.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Tell me Montreal has intentionally played horrendously, it's like that they haven't got a clue how to play hockey, simply terrible boring hockey.
In this day & age of athletes training 12-months a year does pre season really add any value other than cash grab for ownership?

I wouldn’t use pre season as a data point for any kind of team based evaluation

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
In this day & age of athletes training 12-months a year does pre season really add any value other than cash grab for ownership?

Since you asked,, sure seems like a cash grab. The way the vets and coaches go about the games is rather non-beneficial,can yield better feedback during intense practices.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I was kinda annoyed about ABB over Kapanen at first but with our first game at home I can understand letting him have that moment with his family since he likely won't be with the Habs all year.
Don't be annoyed by ABB over Kapanen, be annoyed by Anderson over anybody.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

not to mention the regular season could start 2 weeks earlier and end before the summer solstice.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
We're going to be 1-1-1

Toronto Close OT Loss
Boston Surprise W
Ottawa Deflating L bringing us back to earth.....
We are in a terrible slump against Ottawa. 9 losses in a row (in reg season). Ottawa averaging 5 goals per game during that stretch.

• Wow
Reactions: BLONG7

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Armia did absolutely nothing in preseason yet got promoted to the 2nd line. This roster is really bad. Don't even get me started on that 2nd unit PP.

Veterans typically don't get "promoted" or even "demoted" based on preseason performances.

Armia on the 2nd unit is a reflection of the team's depth or lack thereof.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad