Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Games start on October 8th. You were fooled by the schedule (or more likely the Scores page?). The actual Schedule page has them listed as normal or "Preseason".

It's confusing though. Why they did it is that they wanted the teams in the Global Series to have an easier time travel and wear wise, i.e. their schedule is drawn out a bit more compared to other teams to account for the travel. This is probably better than travelling during the season. Maybe there's more they can do in the future though, increase the teams and play a mini series and then have a bigger rest while returning back...

Either way confusing the way they display it on the website and have preseason games running the same time. Running a long preseason means ticket revenue though, so I bet it's all a big compromise and this is what we got this year... (And see Doggy's post above for thoughts on 84 games etc.)

Ah yes, though I'm pretty sure they changed something on that schedule page since I posted my earlier message? Or I'm just early in turning senile... but I'm not usually too bad about this stuff and the website did a great job confusing me.

I dunno, there's 82 reg. season games + playoffs, the only thing even remotely interesting about preseason is seeing some young guys get some games in against at least partially NHL level competition, but then again it's preseason so no one gives a crap but the guys fighting for spots :D But that just me, I'm not die hard enough.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
NCAA is getting closer to opening Men's Hockey to Canadian Juniors players. In all fairness, perhaps it is also time for Canadian Juniors to drop its age restriction on its players going to the AHL.

Reactions: Monk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad