Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Mesar

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Tuch

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Struble deserves so much more respect than he currently receives. He won't be denied.
Struble was the worst defensan in terms of on-ice scoring chance differential (low 40%) even with relatively easy deployment.

People are always blinded by the shiny new toy!

Reactions: HabsMD97

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
That last sentence is off-base imo. So many people here talk like this.

If you don't agree with me, you haven't watched.
If you don't agree with me, you're looking at things like a fan not a coach.
If you don't agree with me, it's because you're being emotional.

How about people can analyze the same situation and come away with a different opinion?
Yes, and the point is not about people agreeing with me or not. I frankly don't care. People are free to offer their opinions, but it doesn't mean that all opinions are equal. You have to look at the arguments and facts, and use a good dose of common sense.

So yes, lots of opinions on BOTH sides of ANY arguments are based on emotions. Those are the extremes on each side. Sadly, the extremes are getting larger, and they are certainly louder regardless of size. I think that extreme, unfounded and highly emotional opinions should be called out, whether they align with my views or not.

Unfortunately, we live in times where people have been conditionned to put a disproportionate amount of importance to their emotions, and they use them more than their rational brain.

The 2020's are the Age of the Triumph of the Limbic Slaves.

Reactions: Canadienna

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I see Monty and Primeau are in the exact same equipment designs as last year. Both hideous, especially Monty.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
i agree about casual fans but if you're gonna pretend to be a journalist, eh... it almost feels like they want to see him fail or they think all we need is Mailloux on RD
the whole narrative around Mailloux has always been so ridiculously weird. The media is incessantly pumping his tires every chance they get. He's the only one that seems to be immune to any criticism. Last year he looked like the worst player on the ice during rookie camp and beginning of pre-season, yet the media would fall over themselves telling us he's our most NHL ready prospect.

Reactions: sansabri

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Modify the title everyday. By writing at the end of each day how much days remaining before season 24/25 Season Main camp.

Something like Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp (Remaining Days **).

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Struble was the worst defensan in terms of on-ice scoring chance differential (low 40%) even with relatively easy deployment.

People are always blinded by the shiny new toy!

This is just an example of why these stats are meaningless in the hands of most fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad