Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 76 53.9%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Mesar

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Tuch

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Love how Suzuki is keeping a close eye on his right winger.
I guarantee you Nick does everything in his power to never lose him to another center. :nod:
yesterday in the media availability he said, i counted, three times, that the best for his line is to play the most time possible together even in first scrimmages. He wants no one near his 2 padawans

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
yesterday in the media availability he said, i counted, three times, that the best for his line is to play the most time possible together even in first scrimmages. He wants no one near his 2 padawans
If he has to sacrifice one to the God of line balancing it will be Caufield is my guess. :laugh:

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I should have mentioned I agree 100% Robidas was excellent with his stick work his angling and his ability to keep his feet against much bigger players.
Hutson will need every bit of that and more going forward.
Won’t ask him to play as physical though

I was to young to follow hockey at that time but can’t believe we let Robidas go

Reactions: Rapala

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Did anyone listen to this? Any summaries?
Last season he was involved with the team, contrary to what John Scott experienced throughout his NHL career (injured players were kept away). Kirby was at every home practice, he was at every coach meeting and pro scouting session going over video of upcoming opponents etc.. All the injured players were treated the same, they were involved with the regular players.

He particular worked a lot with Slafkovsky, mainly on getting him confident to use his body more etc..

He spoke about Hutson, in the same manner we all speak about Hutson but he said the habs young defenseman are all ready or about to be and its good for the team.

He has practiced with Laine and his skill level is off the charts.

Kirby said the support he received from the fans and the love he received while for example going grocery shopping meant a lot to him and helped him in his recovery.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Last season he was involved with the team, contrary to what John Scott experienced throughout his NHL career (injured players were kept away). Kirby was at every home practice, he was at every coach meeting and pro scouting session going over video of upcoming opponents etc.. All the injured players were treated the same, they were involved with the regular players.

He particular worked a lot with Slafkovsky, mainly on getting him confident to use his body more etc..

He spoke about Hutson, in the same manner we all speak about Hutson but he said the habs young defenseman are all ready or about to be and its good for the team.

He has practiced with Laine and his skill level is off the charts.

Kirby said the support he received from the fans and the love he received while for example going grocery shopping meant a lot to him and helped him in his recovery.
It never made sense to me to ice a player out of the team when he’s out injured. It’s not like he’s going to take coaching/training resources away from the healthy players.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Especially 20 years ago big defenseman didn't need to skate as well as they could hook, hold, clutch and grab without being called for a penalty
I was always jealous the Habs never had a guy like that, someone like Jason Smith for example, who the refs would let just punch and mug anyone. Weber was the first Hab in decades who enjoyed such luxuries from the refs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad