Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 77 53.5%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Mesar

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Tuch

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Most of our fanbase : Reinbacher is invisible.

Me : he is directly responsible for this armia goal. The angle with which he held the blueline was the reason why Evans made this play in the opposite corner and it is what made Matheson receive the pass. He is also directly responsible for Matheson whiffing his shot as he screamed while Matheson was doing it and Armia being in position for the rebound. Its not flashy but details matter. An extremely efficient player.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

- Dach sat in on the coach's meetings so he would be up to speed on what the team is doing. He was approached by Marty for that.

- loves playing for MSL, loves coming to the rink and basically reiterates it's a good group.

- had his mom move in with him just after the injury to get his things sorted.

- Scott talks about how he had an injury in Minnesota and the management didn't want him around, or any injured players. Talked about that compared to the Habs that had Dach (and likely others) around the team.

- it's to the point that when he (Dach) wakes up in the morning he can't tell which leg got hurt.

- he would have played if he was allowed and would have played had they made the playoffs.

- All the players were in town from September from the 7th/8th.

- Dach on Laine - he's so, so skilled. His shot is one of the best I've ever seen and how he picks corners and it's going to be fun(or basically that little snippet that was posted earlier)

- that's the good thing about the team is that we're so tight and so close the outside noise doesn't bother us and we'd go to bat for anyone.

- when Arber and Pezzy are in the lineup you play a bit bigger.

- I talked to him (slaf) a lot to try and help him with his game.

- Compares Hutson to any of the young dman like Makar, Hughes, Fox

- I felt really good coming in. I want to be like Getzlaf and Scheifele.

- Dach weighs in at 221

- watched Barkov a bunch and studied his game

- being recognize when you go out is 50/50. They're very respectful. They will wait until we're done and on our way out if we're out eating.

- Does power skating every summer

- Dach did the hand to the ear against Guhle's team in junior

- if he could he'd get rid of the shootout and would just have a longer ot.

For some reason Scott thought Barkov is from Russia and thinks Dach is good on the dot...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Last season he was involved with the team, contrary to what John Scott experienced throughout his NHL career (injured players were kept away). Kirby was at every home practice, he was at every coach meeting and pro scouting session going over video of upcoming opponents etc.. All the injured players were treated the same, they were involved with the regular players.

He particular worked a lot with Slafkovsky, mainly on getting him confident to use his body more etc..

He spoke about Hutson, in the same manner we all speak about Hutson but he said the habs young defenseman are all ready or about to be and its good for the team.

He has practiced with Laine and his skill level is off the charts.

Kirby said the support he received from the fans and the love he received while for example going grocery shopping meant a lot to him and helped him in his recovery.
I found the intro weird Kirby said something off air just before the broadcast started.
I also found the ending weird Scott bringing up steroids and testing.
Everything else was pretty cool some dumb questions though.
I also didn't see Savard smoking Pezzetta. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Won’t ask him to play as physical though

I was to young to follow hockey at that time but can’t believe we let Robidas go
Robidas was a little fire hydrant both he and Frankie surprised a lot of players with their base.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
If they win the spot and we could get any value for Dvorak it would be good. But how much better will they be and wouldn’t they (and the team) be better serve long term playing 1st line minute in the SHL/AHL.
I see Evans being traded early if both kapenen and beck have very good camps. Dvo will be showcased on line 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad