Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I don't want to get too analytical, but the hockey gods were not happy with us last night. 7 nights ago, Kreider had a natural hat trick. What was it from us that pleased the gods? How can we recreate it? One idea is that I want all of us to do one good Samaritan thing before Game 2.
gonna drag a blind person across a street and film it

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
I know.my point was that snowblind has been bashing goalies since the Hank years.he's repeating the same crap with Igor that he did with Hank
I wonder what he would be saying about Giacomin, Davidson, VBK, Richter.
And is snowblind old enough to remember or have seen any of them, ?

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
They're better defensively as a team than Carolina.
Meh, I don't know. It's only one game but Carolina was much more swarming and relentless than Florida was last night. Their goalie is better for sure but how many opportunities did the Rangers blow last night? Put enough pressure on their D, which the Rangers didn't do enough, and they'll cough the puck up. I feel like Florida is living off this reputation they don't really deserve.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
The hype around Florida is just stupid. Carolina is better everywhere except in net.
I don't think that's......correct? I mean I'd take FLA's roster every day and twice on Sunday. Tkachuk alone is a deciding factor.

Canes have a lot of good players but FLA has two all-NHL spikes in Tkachuk and Barkov and perhaps a third in Rinehart. Lundell is getting there and Verhege is also a very, very good player. And that doesn't even address Montour who depending on the day is one of the best defensemen in the league.

IMO this team is just flat better in a all areas but goal. It is a monumental ask for the Rangers to take them out. And Matt Rempe isn't going to make a difference one way or the other.

In the end we're going to be talking about the plain fact that this Rangers core has found its level and now what does Drury do next?

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I don't think that's......correct? I mean I'd take FLA's roster every day and twice on Sunday. Tkachuk alone is a deciding factor.

Canes have a lot of good players but FLA has two all-NHL spikes in Tkachuk and Barkov and perhaps a third in Rinehart. Lundell is getting there and Verhege is also a very, very good player. And that doesn't even address Montour who depending on the day is one of the best defensemen in the league.

IMO this team is just flat better in a all areas but goal. It is a monumental ask for the Rangers to take them out. And Matt Rempe isn't going to make a difference one way or the other.
For as bad as the Rangers played last night I never once thought they couldn't come back in that game. Maybe they're better than Carolina, or Carolina is just a bad matchup for the Rangers. But I do know I was more uneasy watching them play Carolina than I was at any time last night. Tkachuk is a very good player, Barkov is a very good player. Every team left has multiple very good players. But the Rangers did themselves in last night, not Florida.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Oh, and yes Rempe does need to come into the lineup next game. First time I'm saying that. Panthers are running and gunning Fox, and we had no answer. None of our players bothered to try and bury any of their guys. Time for Rempe to do that.
Just a weird thought, get a little bit bigger in the lineup . Rempe edstrom and wheeler

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Panarin in particular does drop off in the playoffs though. This is established.
He dropped off to PPG this season. By any account PPG in playoffs is excellent production. Doing the % change drop vs. regular season is a fools errand. Even if we put differences between playoffs and regular season aside, don't you think Panarin had a number of 11 games stretches of "only" PPG or worse included in his 120 point season???

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Just a weird thought, get a little bit bigger in the lineup . Rempe edstrom and wheeler

Size doesn't make much of a difference if only about half of checks are getting finished.

To me, it comes down to speed in both skating and decision-making.

Florida is as defensively sound as they come, team-wide.

If a Ranger got a puck, a Panther was there in a split-second. There was very little room to work. Forecheck was relentless.

Reactions: leetch99 and Wtp99

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
The concern with the Rangers has always been how heavily they lean on the rush, and how easy a rush is to shut down if you're just passive and stay in front of the opponent, unlike Carolina.

I thought we handled their forecheck better as the game went along. Granted, they were settling into their lead more as the game went along.

It's going to take a lot more but I don't know if I see Florida playing to that level every single game. They're gonna have some breakdowns. Their defense corps isn't that good.
Their defense is a hell of a lot better than ours that’s for sure. On both sides of the puck

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Meh, I don't know. It's only one game but Carolina was much more swarming and relentless than Florida was last night. Their goalie is better for sure but how many opportunities did the Rangers blow last night? Put enough pressure on their D, which the Rangers didn't do enough, and they'll cough the puck up. I feel like Florida is living off this reputation they don't really deserve.

They are incredibly overrated. They are in the ECF + for a second straight year but I feel like when we played Tampa they didn't get the same hype and they were two time champs.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
We did NOT get our asses handed to us.....
You miss read my post completely. I made the point that this game was a fairly even contest, as Lavi said,... And this is with us not even coming close to putting up our best effort. And yet, headlines today say we got crushed.

I don't see Florida improving off that effort. It would be hard to believe they can play a more complete game. If we play better, cleaner, with better decisions and execution, Florida's offense will take a massive hit. And they weren't that impressive offensively to begin with. By beating their forecheck, we nullify any offensive threat. All their O-zone time came off our mistakes.

We had 12 giveaways to their 2. We clean up our act, and we will take care of business tomorrow. We have been pretty good in turning the page all season long.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Are we a Cup contender without any top-4 defensemen? We have Fox and then 6 guys that would be bottom pair on contenders—if any pair.

Man, if that money Trouba is making went towards some good defenders, that would be…I don’t know, what do the kids today say, rizz?
Same shit different day from you. Fox, Schneider, and Miller are all top 4 Dmen. I don't know what you think most other teams have in their top 4?

Attachments

• oh boy, here we go jif.gif
    oh boy, here we go jif.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 1

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
What are the best pizza spots near Central Park? Thinking of going to the watch party Sunday and grabbing pizza.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
The Rangers considering he’s not actually that good
6’4”, 220lbs, fast, mean, 74pts in 81 games (good for 3rd on our team?), still young and he’s “not that good,” not good enough for this team? That’s some “interesting” take. I’m not saying he’s Matthew, I’m saying he’d help this team. I get it if you dislike him, but saying he’s not good is pretty insane.

• Love

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Size doesn't make much of a difference if only about half of checks are getting finished.

To me, it comes down to speed in both skating and decision-making.

Florida is as defensively sound as they come, team-wide.

If a Ranger got a puck, a Panther was there in a split-second. There was very little room to work. Forecheck was relentless.
Like I said weird thought, but it could turn the tide of targeting their defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad