Post-Game Talk: Cougar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
The only thing that annoys me more than 1 cup in 84 years is hearing Ranger fans bring it up all the time. There's not a thing we or the team can do about the 54 year drought. The franchise has been making CF and SC final appearances. With 32 established teams they'll never make up the ratio of the other Original 6 teams. Get over it. Appreciate that we have a regularly competitive team and if things go our way we can win one. There are no guarantees or balancing of things in sports. There are teams that will have long stretches without winning. Unfortunately for me I root for all of them in NY.

Reactions: Synergy27 and Wtp99

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
ESPN did not show a replay of that sequence where Wennberg had the puck right outside the crease. How did that not end up in the net?

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I'm still feeling fine about the team. Tad concerned about Fox's health and Florida's forecheck, but that wasn't a blowout loss in any way. Had 2 breakaways and Laf hitting the crossbar. Sure, it's going to be a slog out there to battle through, but already expected that heading into this series.

This roster can certainly answer back, and I wouldn't be shocked with a strong Game 2 performance from them. It's the ECF and Florida's a very good team. This was never going to be easy.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Vinnie Viola bought out the refs this year...

Rangers have to fix that!

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The only thing that annoys me more than 1 cup in 84 years is hearing Ranger fans bring it up all the time. There's not a thing we or the team can do about the 54 year drought. The franchise has been making CF and SC final appearances. With 32 established teams they'll never make up the ratio of the other Original 6 teams. Get over it. Appreciate that we have a regularly competitive team and if things go our way we can win one. There are no guarantees or balancing of things in sports. There are teams that will have long stretches without winning. Unfortunately for me I root for all of them in NY.
It gets brought up often because it is thrown in our faces all the time, and it was a million times worse before the 94 run. We heard "1940" in every arena on the road, not just NYI and NJD. This is a team and a city that should have done better and didn't. The only way to shut rival fans up will be to go on the kind of run the Blackhawks had recently. Not impossible, but very difficult in today's league.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It gets brought up often because it is thrown in our faces all the time, and it was a million times worse before the 94 run. We heard "1940" in every arena on the road, not just NYI and NJD. This is a team and a city that should have done better and didn't. The only way to shut rival fans up will be to go on the kind of run the Blackhawks had recently. Not impossible, but very difficult in today's league.
nah, we just need ONE.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Are we a Cup contender without any top-4 defensemen? We have Fox and then 6 guys that would be bottom pair on contenders—if any pair.

Man, if that money Trouba is making went towards some good defenders, that would be…I don’t know, what do the kids today say, rizz?

Schneider and Miller are top 4 defensemen.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You miss read my post completely. I made the point that this game was a fairly even contest, as Lavi said,... And this is with us not even coming close to putting up our best effort. And yet, headlines today say we got crushed.

I don't see Florida improving off that effort. It would be hard to believe they can play a more complete game. If we play better, cleaner, with better decisions and execution, Florida's offense will take a massive hit. And they weren't that impressive offensively to begin with. By beating their forecheck, we nullify any offensive threat. All their O-zone time came off our mistakes.

We had 12 giveaways to their 2. We clean up our act, and we will take care of business tomorrow. We have been pretty good in turning the page all season long.

I did not misread it, I was agreeing with you. I probably made it confusing by capitalizing the "not".

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So much bitching about the 3rd line, yet for all their warts they are playing outstanding defense and are roughly even on a net basis depending on what you look at (Moneypuck has them at +1).

If the NYR don't get it done, the number one reason is going to be that they are missing a Norris caliber defenseman. Fox even at this level is still the team's best Dman but he isn't at his usual level. That is the difference maker right now.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

How about 0 in 30 with advantages of being in New York? I don't want to shit on the franchise God knows they've been successful than a lot of teams in this town but I won't believe that they'll win the cup until they do.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
You and my wife both.
I have had Ray's original pizza that you need a knife and a fork to eat. I wasn't impressed. And I don't believe any pizza should need utensils. I suppose there are many good pizza joints in NY, but I like Papa John's soft crust and fresh ingredients. And they deliver. They are head and tails better than Domino's or Pizza Hut. Their stuff is crap. Avoid at all cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad