Post-Game Talk: Cougar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Our fanbase is soft because they have PTSD about this team falling apart constantly in the most important situations. The softness comes from something, and it's a lack of belief in this team getting it done. And there's plenty of past circumstances to support why they are that way.
There could be a reason for the PTSD, a 1-83 record over the last 84 years.
Hoping for a 2-83 over the last 85

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
i can't like this post enough. if there's anything you can say about this team, especially this core, you can't say that they dont "want it", or that they dont have the heart. that's their best quality, that's the overarching reason why they're any good at all. this team has played above its talent level all season. this is the f***ing NHL playoffs, it's not easy. it shouldn't be easy, i wouldn't want it to be easy. even 1994 wasn't easy and there was no salary cap.
I was only 8, but 94 was not easy by any stretch. I remember my father saying “they don’t make it easy, that’s for sure”

Also I will be missing most if not all this series. Try not to kill each other while I’m in paradise. Hey @will1066 you know of any good volcano sports bars in Hawaii I can watch any of these games in?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
There could be a reason for the PTSD, a 1-83 record over the last 84 years.
Hoping for a 2-83 over the last 85
There aren't six teams in the league anymore. Any chance we had of piling up cups is gone. There are no dynasties now. Our history during that era was abhorrent.

All we can do now is just get out of our own way... in terms of history, we might as well be any other team.

trueblue30nyr

Jan 31, 2011
Manhattan
I'm amazed at the amount of abuse Igor is taking in this thread. Sure, the goal he gave up wasn't great, but he held that to ONE GOAL until late in the third period while the rest of his team couldn't come up with ONE GOAL themselves.

You don't score any goals, you don't win any games. Period.

I guess Igor should've kept this game 0-0 until 6OT when the confluence of the cosmos came together for the Rangers to get the pretty play goal they kept trying for all night.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
What are the best pizza spots near Central Park? Thinking of going to the watch party Sunday and grabbing pizza.
I'm a New Yorker my whole life, and I swear by Papa John's believe it or not. Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa John's.... LOL!

Call me crazy....

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
P
Are we a Cup contender without any top-4 defensemen? We have Fox and then 6 guys that would be bottom pair on contenders—if any pair.

Man, if that money Trouba is making went towards some good defenders, that would be…I don’t know, what do the kids today say, rizz?
Pittsburgh did it in 2017 tbtf

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He dropped off to PPG this season. By any account PPG in playoffs is excellent production. Doing the % change drop vs. regular season is a fools errand. Even if we put differences between playoffs and regular season aside, don't you think Panarin had a number of 11 games stretches of "only" PPG or worse included in his 120 point season???
Comparing him to other star players his points drop off more noticeably than others.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I was only 8, but 94 was not easy by any stretch. I remember my father saying “they don’t make it easy, that’s for sure”
I'm still of the opinion that the Rangers made it harder on themselves by trading 2 guys whose speed shredded the Devil's trap during the regular season for two 3rd line grinders and the corpse of Glenn Anderson.

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Same shit different day from you. Fox, Schneider, and Miller are all top 4 Dmen. I don't know what you think most other teams have in their top 4?
Edmonton has Ekholm, Bouchard.
Dallas Heiskanen, Tanev, Lindell, the ghost of Ryan Suter.
Florida has Ekblad, Forsling, Montour, Ekman-Larsson.

Miller and Schneider have performed admirably but these guys are like net neutrals at best. Fox isn’t even playing like Fox. Trouba is back playing in the top-4 and he’s actively bad.

We don’t have a Stralman to anchor the second pair.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Gimme Rempe and Wheeler, take 2 of Roslovic, Chytil, Cuylle or Vesey out. Roslovic is too slight for this game, and we need Rempe to hammer a few of their D to make them jittery with the puck.

Also, put Miller and Fox together, cant have two smaller d on one pairing, then Lindgren Schneider, Gus Trouba by default. I really wish we had acquired a Gus replacement with some size.

My thoughts, could swap Wheeler and Kakko but given history i think this works better

Kreider Zib Wheeler
Panarin Trochek Lafreniere
Chytil Wennberg Kakko
Cuylle Goodrow Rempe

Miller Fox
Lindgren Schneider
Gus Trouba
The third line is he one that I disagree with. Chytil brings nothing and Kaako even less.
Sorry for those thoughts but….

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
There aren't six teams in the league anymore. Any chance we had of piling up cups is gone. There are no dynasties now. Our history during that era was abhorrent.

All we can do now is just get out of our own way... in terms of history, we might as well be any other team.
I get what you are saying but a cup every few years would be nice, not every 40+ years(avg.)
3 cups in 14 years is what it was up until 1940 after that every thing you said is right

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

Also I will be missing most if not all this series. Try not to kill each other while I’m in paradise. Hey @will1066 you know of any good volcano sports bars in Hawaii I can watch any of these games in?
Have fun! Where in Hawaii?

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The plus side of the last game is that NY and Laviolette know what they are in for, and thankfully we have a coach that can watch tape and make adjustments. I expect us to be much better next game. My biggest concern at this point is that Fox is on one wheel and outside of Miller, Trouba and sometimes Schneider the rest of the D is having a hard time with the size of their forecheck and making panic plays. We needed another big dman for these situations

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The amount of Rempe discussion since last night, and not just by the fans but media as well, is troublesome.

I guess I'd like him in the lineup, but this is ridiculous.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The amount of Rempe discussion since last night, and not just by the fans but media as well, is troublesome.

I guess I'd like him in the lineup, but this is ridiculous.
I would like to see him in only for the fact that he would make their d hear footsteps, we don't have anyone that does that currently, Goodrow is as close as we have and he doesn’t get there quick enough. D are legit scared to touch the puck when he's barreling in on them. I'd only put him in in home games so we could controll the line matching

Reactions: leetch99

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I still dont get why he isnt used on the PK
Because he can't skate at an NHL level.

I'm a New Yorker my whole life, and I swear by Papa John's believe it or not. Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa John's.... LOL!

Call me crazy....

what-the.gif

Is this Ed's east coast twin?!? Mods please ban....

Last edited:

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
The puck always moves faster than your skates. Wheeler can pass and wouldnt be relied on to carry the puck up ice with Wennberg. We are that much harder to defend against if we can take a couple smurfs out for 2 pillars of strength like Rempe and Blake.
Smurfs, that brings back fond memories of taking out a much more menacing Flyers team

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The absolute worst playoff performance I have ever seen since watching hockey since the 70's.
I do not know the team I was watching last night. No plan. no answers. Lucky they did not loose 10-0

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
why? Why can't he play? He offers more than some other certain players that play every night.
Look, I'm absolutely fine with having Rempe on the lineup. In fact, would like him to replace Vesey. I'm just sick of the discussion about him being a difference maker and something that could turn the series.

We are talking about the 12th forward here.

Reactions: tiggles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad