Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I don't want to get too analytical, but the hockey gods were not happy with us last night. 7 nights ago, Kreider had a natural hat trick. What was it from us that pleased the gods? How can we recreate it? One idea is that I want all of us to do one good Samaritan thing before Game 2.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lavi is absolutely right. Look at the team stats. Shots, hits, faceoffs, penalties, were all fairly even, except for turnovers. Which makes sense, because we can play so much better than we did last night. But if you read the headlines today, we got our asses handed to us.

We must be pretty banged up, if we didn't practice today.

Florida by all accounts on both sides played a perfect game and needed an own goal and Bobrovsky's heroics to escape with a win in game 1. Can't panic, these games are not for the faint of heart.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Lavi is absolutely right. Look at the team stats. Shots, hits, faceoffs, penalties, were all fairly even, except for turnovers. Which makes sense, because we can play so much better than we did last night. But if you read the headlines today, we got our asses handed to us.

We lost basically a 1 goal game in the first game of the series after not playing for 5 full days. Series over. Season over. I hope they have their tee times already scheduled for early June.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
We lost basically a 1 goal game in the first game of the series after not playing for 5 full days. Series over. Season over. I hope they have their tee times already scheduled for early June.
Where are people saying that? I feel like you can’t handle when people say they played badly, which they did. Just because they didn’t lose by 7 we can’t critique how they played?

They were bad in many facets. Igor had his worst game.

Nobody could pass or handle the puck.

Nobody was being physical.

They are still in the series and if they fix some of these things they are in good shape.

But the need to actually do it.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't want to get too analytical, but the hockey gods were not happy with us last night. 7 nights ago, Kreider had a natural hat trick. What was it from us that pleased the gods? How can we recreate it? One idea is that I want all of us to do one good Samaritan thing before Game 2.
I helped an old lady across the street and bought some girl scout cookies. I'm doing my part.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Where are people saying that? I feel like you can’t handle when people say they played badly, which they did. Just because they didn’t lose by 7 we can’t critique how they played?

They were bad in many facets. Igor had his worst game.

Nobody could pass or handle the puck.

Nobody was being physical.

They are still in the series and if they fix some of these things they are in good shape.

But the need to actually do it.
Are you new here? Because some people overreact to every single loss like it's armageddon, that's why. They lost essentially a 1 goal game, had couple of breakaways, hit a couple of posts, and had more high danger chances. The game could have easily been tied. We were in this game until the 57 minute mark that was self inflicted despite them not playing their best. I'm ok with with valid criticism and they have to be better. It's the over the top bullshit that drives me crazy. It wasn't a 5-0 blowout, we had no chance, type of game.

Reactions: TominNC

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Next game, we gotta get more physical, break out Rempe.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
We have to be meaner/tougher and a bit faster to beat the Cats . I'm shocked that anyone would say otherwise . LOL....what game are you watching? Some guys in here need to remove the rose colored glasses before posting rebuttals .

I have watched this club for over 50 years .....They need roster infills that are willing to work in the trenches . Brady Tkachuk is a perfect fit for the next 5-7 years for us . He hates losing which does not seem to bother some in here from what I am reading .

There is no way in HELL that we beat this club without a SUPERHUMAN effort by Shesty . He won the last series for us . Anyone want to argue that ? Have fun....I'm going golfing . Maybe if I am lucky....I bump into Turk out there !
We could have very easily won this game even with the subpar effort from Shesty.

Brady Tkachuk isn't the difference between us being cup contenders and not. We're already cup contenders. The main thing we need to do is improve the 4th line and replace Trouba and Lindgren real top-4 D-men. Probably replacing one will get us there.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

We did NOT get our asses handed to us. People have preconceived notions about this Florida team and any period win basically they were going to go "ahhhhhaaaa". That said the Panthers can play a lot better too. Good news is that's mostly offensively. I'd rather they play better offensively but open themselves up and we play a series like we did against the Canes.

Reactions: tiggles

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We could have very easily won this game even with the subpar effort from Shesty.

Brady Tkachuk isn't the difference between us being cup contenders and not. We're already cup contenders. The main thing we need to do is improve the 4th line and replace Trouba and Lindgren real top-4 D-men. Probably replacing one will get us there.
Are we a Cup contender without any top-4 defensemen? We have Fox and then 6 guys that would be bottom pair on contenders—if any pair.

Man, if that money Trouba is making went towards some good defenders, that would be…I don’t know, what do the kids today say, rizz?

• Haha
Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad