Post-Game Talk: Cougar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I don't think he has anything to apologize about. That 2nd goal is Igor's fault. Made a bad read and a worse decision. All he had to do was not play the puck, the d man was there.

That said I think the kid bounces back. He had a good game otherwise.
Laffy was driving me nuts last night ... a lot of unforced giveaways from trying to make clever plays that weren't really there.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Have fun in your version of reality. It was a close game up until Laff decided to deflect the puck into his own net.

I hope your reality comes to fruition!

I’m not sure what anyone was watching thinking that was a close game. Just bc the score was 1-0 doesn’t mean it was actually close. We looked, smelled, played, like dog shit.

I hope to everything that we show up for game 2. Otherwise… more dog shit

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Panarin's not paid to be a skater. He's paid to score goals, and he hasn't done so since game 3 of the Carolina series. I'm too lazy to do the research but I bet most of those GWGs were on the PP.
You see what you want to see. His two shots became primary assists in that game - I'm sure you'll find an excuse that it wasn't good enough.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Four goals in the entire postseason, but four straight games without tallying a goal. And two of those GWG came against Washington which I don't even count. I know they count by the letter of the law but c'mon... it was Washington.

He needs to take over a game. Our best player needs to be our best player. Has there been one game where you can safely say he was our best player?
Of course you don't (smh).

I want to hear (really interested) how you don't count his primary assists in the Cane's clinching game.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Wouldn't mind Rempe or Kreider dribbling Mikkola's head off the boards next game. Hit on Chytil late is playoff hockey but it's something I hope the Rangers noticed. Get the energy up, this is the language the Cats speak.

Reactions: ArPanet and AirGut

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Wouldn't mind Rempe or Kreider drippling Mikkola's head off the boards next game. Hit on Chytil late is playoff hockey but it's something I hope the Rangers noticed. Get the energy up, this is the language the Cats speak.
Kreider aint that guy, its up to Goodrow, Cuylle, Trouba, Rempe or Lindgren

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Gimme Rempe and Wheeler, take 2 of Roslovic, Chytil or Vesey out. Roslovic is too slight for this game, and we need Rempe to hammer a few of their D to make them jittery with the puck.

Also, put Miller and Fox together, cant have two smaller d on one pairing, then Lindgren Schneider, Gus Trouba by default. I really wish we had acquired a Gus replacement with some size.
Roslovic has been more good than bad in these playoffs and has made some important plays to win games. He's also one of the few who can enter the zone with speed. Who would you replace him with and please don't say Wheeler.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I find it extremely hard to blame the goaltending when we put up a total of ZERO goals in the game.

In almost 40 playoff games Igor has yet to put up a shutout. In a game where we needed a shutout and the opposing offense did very very little. If find it extremely hard not to expect your goalie to make the saves needed and not turn the puck over. People acting like I expect a shutout every game. How about more than zero times in 40 playoff games and in a game that he SHOULD have gotten a shutout if he just didn't shit his pants.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Lindgren would turn into dust if he tried to check Mikkola. And Kreider takes the body down low as much as anyone.

In almost 40 playoff games Igor has yet to put up a shutout. In a game where we needed a shutout and the opposing offense did very very little. If find it extremely hard not to expect your goalie to make the saves needed and not turn the puck over. People acting like I expect a shutout every game. How about more than zero times in 40 playoff games and in a game that he SHOULD have gotten a shutout if he just didn't shit his pants.

Shutouts are a team stat

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wilson went after Fox and this was Kreider on Wilson two seconds later

42132-Mother-cat-carrying-her-kitten-white-background.jpg

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Wouldn't mind Rempe or Kreider dribbling Mikkola's head off the boards next game. Hit on Chytil late is playoff hockey but it's something I hope the Rangers noticed. Get the energy up, this is the language the Cats speak.
I hear what you're saying but the hit wasn't late, & Fil put himself in a bad spot for absolutely no reason with 2 seconds left in the game. Just a dumb decision by the kid at that point of the night.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I hope your reality comes to fruition!

I’m not sure what anyone was watching thinking that was a close game. Just bc the score was 1-0 doesn’t mean it was actually close. We looked, smelled, played, like dog shit.

I hope to everything that we show up for game 2. Otherwise… more dog shit
The Rangers had more high danger chances and some breakaways and hitting a couple of posts. It could have easily been tied. I'm not sure what you were watching. Florida didn't do much of anything either. They scored a soft 1st goal and then got a gift on the 2nd with 3 minutes to play.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I hear what you're saying but the hit wasn't late, & Fil put himself in a bad spot for absolutely no reason with 2 seconds left in the game. Just a dumb decision by the kid at that point of the night.

I meant the hit was late in the game. It wasn't dirty but Mikkola knew what he was doing, and the Rangers should know what he was doing. Gotta come out with more juice next game and taking a pound of flesh should be part of it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
...This board is full of entitled whiny brats and the world ends with every loss. This board has been insufferable the entire year which is amazing given the year the team has had.
As close-knit and resilient this Rangers team has been from the start of the season - it is complete opposite to the finger-pointing and capitulating its fanbase has been.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
And the team gave Igor more than enough support to get a shutout this game through 60.

Which would still have not coincided with a win because we scored 0 as well. if the Rangers played their A game tonight 1.5 Igor softies is still a 4-2 win.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What really pisses me off is that game 5 against the Canes we get a 1-0 lead and try to sit on it and get our asses handed to us in the third period. When Florida does it it works perfectly.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Which would still have not coincided with a win because we scored 0 as well. if the Rangers played their A game tonight 1.5 Igor softies is still a 4-2 win.

Actually, they could have won in OT. Also I love how shutouts are a team stat but when he plays well it's because he's the greatest goalie ever.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kreider stops before he hits anyone, I love kreider and his jersey is gonna hang in msg, but it's one of my complaints about him that he doesn't hit with force like Bennett or Tkachuk.

Tkachuck is Tkachuk but i'll take Kreider over Bennett 11 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad