OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Since people dont believe my claims, here is RealClearPolitics talking about how the vaccines dont prevent transmission or infection by the Delta variant. That was in August.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...longer_prevent_you_from_spreading_covid.html#!

Here is a link to the FDA, where is talks about emergency authorizations and what is pertains to:

https://www.fda.gov/media/143894/download

None of this is conspiracy theory. This is all about money, just like everything else.

And just to be clear, I am fully vaccinated with both shots, and I have all of my real vaccines to date, including my TDAP for my child.

I don't care if people do it or not. This is about information.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Since people dont believe my claims, here is RealClearPolitics talking about how the vaccines dont prevent transmission or infection by the Delta variant. That was in August.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...longer_prevent_you_from_spreading_covid.html#!

Here is a link to the FDA, where is talks about emergency authorizations and what is pertains to:

None of this is conspiracy theory. This is all about money, just like everything else.

And just to be clear, I am fully vaccinated with both shots, and I have all of my real vaccines to date, including my TDAP for my child.

What are you saying here? Yes, it is true that the vaccines don't prevent ALL people from getting sick. And the vaccines don't prevent you from transmitting it to others, if you get sick with a breakthrough infection. I'm confused by what you are trying to prove.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
What are you saying here? Yes, it is true that the vaccines don't prevent ALL people from getting sick. And the vaccines don't prevent you from transmitting it to others, if you get sick with a breakthrough infection. I'm confused by what you are trying to prove.

One commenter did not believe me when I said the same thing earlier. I am merely showing my work here to show that this information isnt 'conspiracy theory.'

Again, Im also not against the vaccine. Take it if you think you need it. I'm against the anti-Covid policies lasting forever.

Reactions: DaveG

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Recently got my Pfizer booster but only because I was promised it would make me more like Tony Stark

upload_2021-11-22_21-35-29.gif

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Not bad. Got it on a Saturday at 10 AM. It packed a little more of a punch than the 2nd in terms of mild headache and fatigue later in the evening. Nothing worse than how I’d feel after a long day at work. Arm was noticeably more sore than the first two. Didn’t take any Tylenol or anything. Toughed it out and let my immune system organically process it. Slept it off and woke up next morning just fine.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
How did your booster side effects compare with your 2nd dose side effects?
Not the person you were asking, but my side effects from the booster were the strongest of the three. I felt like I was dragging and coming down with something for a couple of days. Nothing terrible, but a lot of bleh.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Not bad. Got it on a Saturday at 10 AM. It packed a little more of a punch than the 2nd in terms of mild headache and fatigue later in the evening. Nothing worse than how I’d feel after a long day at work. Arm was noticeably more sore than the first two. Didn’t take any Tylenol or anything. Toughed it out and let my immune system organically process it. Slept it off and woke up next morning just fine.

Not the person you were asking, but my side effects from the booster were the strongest of the three. I felt like I was dragging and coming down with something for a couple of days. Nothing terrible, but a lot of bleh.

Thanks, unfortunately not the answers I was hoping for, lol. Small sample size, but what I'm taking away is that both of you had worse symptoms after the booster than after the 2nd shot. I had a pretty good fever after the 2nd shot so I anticipate at least as bad or worse with the booster. It lasted less than 24 hours, though, so I'll just plan for it and bite the bullet. Well worth the added protection.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Thanks, unfortunately not the answers I was hoping for, lol. Small sample size, but what I'm taking away is that both of you had worse symptoms after the booster than after the 2nd shot. I had a pretty good fever after the 2nd shot so I anticipate at least as bad or worse with the booster. It lasted less than 24 hours, though, so I'll just plan for it and bite the bullet. Well worth the added protection.
If you survived 2 you won’t die from the 3rd. Eat a good meal, plenty of water and get good sleep before and after.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Well, my wife’s side effects were worse with the second than with the third, so….your mileage may very.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Here is the data from the CDC showing a 6 fold reduction in infection in vaccinated individuals vs unvaccinated individuals, which is an increase as the Delta variant hit the US.

And the pertinent graph since it isn't clear. While the vaccine isn't 100% preventative of infection, it's doing a great job at reducing infections and reducing hospitalization. In fact, I'd argue the number of fully vaccinated individuals getting sick would be manageable by the health system and we'd be close to normal if we had a much higher vaccination rate.

I shudder at the concept of what this year would have been like worldwide without these vaccines.

FE16OeKVQAEH_sW

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Can you get 100% or close from a vaccine for Covid? Apparently yes, as the vaccine is showing 93%-100% prevention of disease in teens depending on the age cutoffs:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Same. I had almost no reaction to 1 And 2 other than a sore arm. The booster gave me the same reaction you described.

OakCityWildcat

Aug 3, 2020

I’ll add my experience — received my booster yesterday at noon and, so far, my only side effect has been a sore arm (by far the sorest it’s been out of the three shots, though), but that’s it. No fatigue, no fever, no feeling like crap. The first shot made me fatigued, the second shot made me feel like I had a mild case of the flu for about 24-36 hours.

My mother received her booster a few weeks ago and only had a sore arm. My fiancé received her booster two weeks ago and had a fairly bad 24 hours or so of feeling like she had been hit by a bus. Her fever topped out at 104.

For what it’s worth, all three of us received Pfizer for all three shots.

Reactions: MinJaBen

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
How did your booster side effects compare with your 2nd dose side effects?
My 2nd shot made me feel like I had the flu for a few days. The booster just made me sleep in later on a Saturday and gave me a sore arm for a couple days.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
My 2nd shot made me feel like I had the flu for a few days. The booster just made me sleep in later on a Saturday and gave me a sore arm for a couple days.
A couple of my coworkers had the same “flu-like” symptoms which is not uncommon. Like you, it made me more sleepy than anything. I get that same fatigue with flu-shot sometimes so I can definitely tell the jab is processing.

I certainly know this is a touchy topic for many. I certainly respect everyone’s stance on it either way. All of my unvaxxed family except for one wound up in the hospital with the ‘rona and it still kicked their ass for a time afterwards. I don’t think the jab itself is the golden ticket but hopefully it will lessen the blow if/when we get it. On the other front from prevention is a solid treatment. I’m glad progress is being made for nipping it in the bud once you get it. Stay safe and courteous to everyone and go Canes

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I know a lot of folks are struggling to accept this, but in the wealthy countries, the pandemic is over and the endemic has begun. Preventative measures have long since reached the point of diminishing returns, and for the vaccinated, the risk of dying from COVID is now less than the risk of dying from a drive across town (unless you're 80+, mask up around your elders if in doubt).

I'm still fine with places that ask people to mask, and I'm also fine with places that don't ask people to mask. Personally, I mostly wear a mask now, because it's habit and I find it has other benefits. Either way, I'm doing my best to get back to regular life, and to be kind, because everyone has been through a lot of shit over these past two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad