GWT: Copa America - Quarterfinals - Venezuela v. Canada - July 5

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Shocking result tbh. Congrats boys
Not really shocking lol people gotta start putting some respect on Canada.

if you’re shocked Canada won last night you just haven’t been paying attention. It’s such a massive win!!! I’m so proud of this team but to call it shocking is super ignorant.

If we’re going to play the respect name game then why the f*** does USA Soccer get the recognition they do? They were absolute trash in the tournament!

Reactions: Pink Mist

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Canada Soccer has to take the money and completely invest it in grass roots, there is massive momentum now in the program. They have at minimum 2 more matches. It’s all money for the program. Build up this foundation, and get the next round of kids going! Investment is so important

Reactions: KapG

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
IMO, that was the best game of the copa so far last night. I have a very intense dislike for Rondon, so I'm glad Canada pulled it off, but considering how Argentina played the other day, I'm also not excited to face Canada! I never thought I would utter those words, but here we are. You guys have come A LONG way. Really fun futbol to watch.

I began noticing Shaffleberg every time he would cause havoc against Miami. Kinda shocked a bigger euro club hasn't taken notice of him. That kid is awesome. He's by far and away my favorite player for Canada.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
IMO, that was the best game of the copa so far last night. I have a very intense dislike for Rondon, so I'm glad Canada pulled it off, but considering how Argentina played the other day, I'm also not excited to face Canada! I never thought I would utter those words, but here we are. You guys have come A LONG way. Really fun futbol to watch.

I began noticing Shaffleberg every time he would cause havoc against Miami. Kinda shocked a bigger euro club hasn't taken notice of him. That kid is awesome. He's by far and away my favorite player for Canada.

It’s exciting for us to play the real top squads in the world.

We have a long way to go but just getting this kind of exposure and experience is a necessary step.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

It definitely had a different feel to it. The conembol matches I've been accustomed to are stop and go and very physical, and the matches against peru and Chile were no different.

The match against Venezuela however was played at a frantic pace..... it certainly had more flow.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
In the COL/PAN pre game show today, the Fox Sports broadcast crew looked pretty pathetic complaining that CONCACAF isn't strong enough competition for the U.S. team, with Mexico and the U.S. being the only "top dogs". They mentioned Bolivia as well , which is funny because Canada is ranked higher than them. Even after advancing to the semi's at Copa America, they made no mention of Canada. I wonder if they are a bit salty Canada made it and the "top dog" US couldn't make it out of the group stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad