Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign JJ Moser | 2 years, $3.375M AAV

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Left side seems slotted really well now. Moser might end up taking tougher shifts than we are anticipating, which would be good for both guys ahead of him.

Imagine if Moser-Cernak becomes a thing, and we have McDonagh mentor a younger righty. Swerve.
Could be good

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Left side seems slotted really well now. Moser might end up taking tougher shifts than we are anticipating, which would be good for both guys ahead of him.

Imagine if Moser-Cernak becomes a thing, and we have McDonagh mentor a younger righty. Swerve.
Left shot D: Hedman, McDonagh, Moser, and Lilleberg. Really damn solid

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Moser can play both sides effectively, and since the Lightning seem to really like Lilleberg, i could see Moser getting a lot of time with Hedman and Lilleberg-Raddysh as the third pair. Not sure what the future holds for Perbix. Rads definitely passed him last year but neither one of them appears to be a defensive stalwart.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Moser can play both sides effectively, and since the Lightning seem to really like Lilleberg, i could see Moser getting a lot of time with Hedman and Lilleberg-Raddysh as the third pair. Not sure what the future holds for Perbix. Rads definitely passed him last year but neither one of them appears to be a defensive stalwart.
Hedman-Raddysh should be a lock.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You know cooper will only play him on the left side though lol 😂

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The Capfriendly API is insanely good. Having that as a proprietary tool for a franchise is a huge leg up on any other team. I bet some teams have internal tools, but getting Capfriendly just gets the work done with little overhead and maintenance.

Liking the JJ signing. Now ship Sheary out and get Vatrano.

Apparently I was extremely ignorant about the data that each team keeps on the rest of the league. If you asked me if every team has a full rundown of every other teams cap situation, I would've said of course they do. But in an article I read, it stated teams actually used Capfriendly to monitor that kind of thing, and that the league itself actually disliked the existence of the site. So now, according to the article, some teams are panicking in a sense because they don't have their own in-house method of acquiring this info.

Blew me away, I honestly thought there was some kind of internal source the league provided to keep teams up to date on these things. Again, apparently I'm an idiot.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Apparently I was extremely ignorant about the data that each team keeps on the rest of the league. If you asked me if every team has a full rundown of every other teams cap situation, I would've said of course they do. But in an article I read, it stated teams actually used Capfriendly to monitor that kind of thing, and that the league itself actually disliked the existence of the site. So now, according to the article, some teams are panicking in a sense because they don't have their own in-house method of acquiring this info.

Blew me away, I honestly thought there was some kind of internal source the league provided to keep teams up to date on these things. Again, apparently I'm an idiot.
Yeah there was footage, I think from Calgary or Toronto (?) during a draft a little while ago and TDL, they just had CapFriendly up on their screen. Creating something like CapFriendly that was connected to everything so seamlessly was such a luxury everyone didn't really realize they had. Like f*** the Caps for buying them out, but at the same time, I totally understand why they did and honestly if I was in the Tampa front office I would have advocated to buy it too.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
CapFriendly was an incredibly useful tool and well put together so I don't see it as a huge indictment on teams for using it. I don't believe for one second that any NHL team worth its salt didn't have its own comprehensive breakdown of the cap situation despite "reports" to the contrary.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman-Raddysh should be a lock.
Yeah. I'm hoping Raddysh is too old for a sophomore slump. I like his poise a lot.

And, again, Cooper does not play lefties on the right or vice versa. Not for more than a handful if games.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021

That's what I'm expecting, more balanced minutes for everyone on the left side as Heddy and McD shouldn't be playing tons of minutes due their age - save them for the playoffs. Give Moser more minutes in the regular season to see what we've got and continue his development. Can also dress 11-7 and work Lilleberg in to distribute it even more. Moser - Cernak and McD on the third pair and PK1 sounds good to me.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

While I understand to temptation to (exclusively) use an established, reliable and most importantly free service (CF), I find it hard to believe that (some) teams completely relied on it and decided to downsize their staff in that department. Then again, we’re talking about the NHL here so who knows what’s going on in say Arizona or Columbus.

TampaIceman

Jun 29, 2024
There was supposedly a pay version that had more information and tools than what was available to the general public for free and that is what the NHL teams were using before the site got purchased by the Capitols.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Very happy about the deal. Perfect that he's still gonna be RFA at the end of it.
JJ Moser is gonna surprise many, the fact he was on a dumpster fire of a team in Ari didn't do him any favors in term of publicity.
I have been following him since he was playing in Switzerland, and he's got so much potential. Smart player, lots of skills. I really like his defensive game, I'm sure it'll translate well to a better team like the Bolts.
He's still young and he's still developing his abilities, I can't imagine how good it's gonna be for his development to be mentored by Heddy and McDonagh from now on.
If I had to guess, next offseason JBB will re-sign him to a 8 years deal.

I genuinely can't believe how much value JBB was able to get in the Sergachev trade. In 3 years we'll look back at it the same way as the Sergachev<>Drouin trade, but this time with Sergachev on the losing side of it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Very happy about the deal. Perfect that he's still gonna be RFA at the end of it.
JJ Moser is gonna surprise many, the fact he was on a dumpster fire of a team in Ari didn't do him any favors in term of publicity.
I have been following him since he was playing in Switzerland, and he's got so much potential. Smart player, lots of skills. I really like his defensive game, I'm sure it'll translate well to a better team like the Bolts.
He's still young and he's still developing his abilities, I can't imagine how good it's gonna be for his development to be mentored by Heddy and McDonagh from now on.
If I had to guess, next offseason JBB will re-sign him to a 8 years deal.

I genuinely can't believe how much value JBB was able to get in the Sergachev trade. In 3 years we'll look back at it the same way as the Sergachev<>Drouin trade, but this time with Sergachev on the losing side of it.
The next JBB 8 year extension 7.25 AAV for 8 years after the season

• Haha
Reactions: Stelio Kontos

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The NHL is run by a bunch of dinosaurs. They are clueless on how much engagement that site generates for the league.
Before CapFriendly there was CapGeek, but I don't think there was anything like those before that.

Old timers will remember back in the day we use to have a stickied thread that broke down player contracts year by year, just to try and keep track of that stuff. These salary cap websites were a godsend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad