HF Habs: Copa America 2024 | QFs: Canada vs Venezuela, Fri. July 5, 9 p.m. | TSN, CTV2, RDS, FOX ||| Euro 2024 (TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
A mistery how the official found 8 minutes of extra time in that game.
Not really, 10 total changes in the 2nd half, penalty awarded and VAR replay.. I've seen much worse over the years

Are the Netherlands in no matter what today?

I saw something about them needing a point but they have 4 and realistically that should secure them in as a #3 at worst?
Yes, no matter what they would qualify as one of the best 3rd place teams with already 4 pts in the bank!

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
wow, the knockout stage is looking brutal,

Germany
Spain

Portugal
France

in the round of 8. tough.

It's looks like it might be England's year to win. their path is setting up nicely for them.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Damn, Group D finished:

1. Austria
2. France
3. Netherlands

Was not expecting a France draw against Poland.

yeah, france hasn't been looking too hot lately, I regret picking them to win the tourny after they tied canada in a friendly.

that said, they can be the best team in the world any night. hopefully they turn it on in the knockout because the top level soccer has only been seen by portugal and spain so far.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Group C is 0-0 across the board.

What's interesting is that Denmark & Slovenia will be tied in points, goal differential, goals scored, head-to-head, and fair play (yellow cards).

I have no idea how they will decide who finishes 2nd.

Slovakia is out with a draw. They need a goal.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Both C games finished 0-0. England clinches top spot.

I have no idea how they're going to determine 2nd, since Denmark and Slovenia are tied in all categories. The only thing is the fair play result. Both have 6 yellows, but Slovenia has a red card and Denmark does not.

That red card could cost Slovenia a spot in Group of 16.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yup, they gave it to Denmark.

We have our 2nd match of the round of 16 set.

Denmark vs Germany
Italy vs Switzerland is the other.

Slovenia will have to wait til other groups have completed their games. The final group matches are tomorrow.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Group E & F play tomorrow. 4 games again. It ends the group stage. Round of 16 starts Saturday.

Group E

12 p.m.: Slovakia vs Romania

12 p.m.: Ukraine vs Belgium

Everyone is tied with 3 points. These 2 games will be nuts.

Group F

3 p.m.: Georgia vs Portugal

3 p.m.: Czechia vs Turkey

Czechia and Georgia are trying to avoid elimination.

Reactions: Nedved

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
tsn just gets it. drawing me in to care about a mid tier player like Stephen Eustáquio. feels like amateur hour on sportsnet, cutting corners, just not quality and then there is tsn.

good job tsn.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Just always feel like shit is stacked against 🇨🇦 . Always playing away games in hostile environments. 5 pm in 30+ heat in KC. Just shit conditions. Canada is terrific at home, especially Toronto and yet we rarely get to play here. It’s f***ed up

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
sloppy movement and positioning by canada. they have the talent but they're being out coached, it shouldn't be this lop sided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad