HF Habs: Sun. July 14: Euro Finals - Spain vs England, 3 p.m. | TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports ||| Copa America Finals: Argentina vs Colombia, 8 p.m. | CTV2, RDS, FOX

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
lamine yamal and williams have been incredible on the outside. constantly making the right choice game after game. I would love to see yamal in the middle of the field, he creates so much for his team, but from the outside he's been special.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Mbappe just doesn’t work as a 9. I wonder how they will manage it at Madrid.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
looks like we have our best team for the next decade. incredibly talented spain, even doing it without a premier striker, just breathtaking play with the ball.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Spain wins 2-1. Fantastic. I hope they win the whole thing. They're actually going out there to win and not doing the park the bus bullshit of France/England.

This is Spain's 6th consecutive win in these Euros - a record.

Reactions: Andrei79

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
looks like we have our best team for the next decade. incredibly talented spain, even doing it without a premier striker, just breathtaking play with the ball.
Only reason they had any trouble is because they were on their 4th string RB who is not an actual RB. Otherwise, they controlled the game. Ruiz and Rodri midfield is dominating.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
What were you doing at 16 and why was it smoking joints in the park and not scoring a goal for your national team at the highest level

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
T-3 hours! What an opportunity Canada has tonight.

I started watching this team in the 2019 Gold Cup having heard a bit about Davies and curious as to why I'd never heard about or seen the men's national team. Jonathan David, 19 years old at the time, scored 6 goals and won the Golden Boot. Lucas Cavallini also had 5 :laugh:. That team showed so much promise but then Milan Borjan and the rest of the team crumbled against Haiti - my initiation to this team's history of choking.

Then, this young Canadian team stunned the US in the Nations League, a pivotal result for the program.

Following this team as they went through all the stages of World Cup Qualifying was maybe the most exciting sports experience I've had (even more than the Habs' Covid run where I knew Tampa would dummy us). It started off on goat patches against Bermuda, Aruba, The Cayman Islands....and who can forget the anxiety before we faced Suriname :laugh:. Then, watching this team grow and slay Mexico and the US in the Octagonal was a dream. I'm one of the lucky few who can say they were at Iceteca.

The World Cup didn't go the way we wanted but that performance against Belgium left an impression. With Kevin Blue and Peter Augruso now in charge, the program seems to be back on track. Jesse Marsch has the boys believing again and aspiring to change the perception of Canadian Men's soccer. The pundits on ESPN still laugh whenever Canada's brought up. A win tonight can change all of that. I'm not expecting Canada to win tonight but I know they'll leave it all out on the field.

Sign me up for some Koné magic tonight. He looked like a man on a mission in his 10 minute sub appearance last match. Can the Maritime Messi strike again?

ALLEZ LES ROUGES

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad