HF Habs: Sun. July 14: Euro Finals - Spain vs England, 3 p.m. | TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports ||| Copa America Finals: Argentina vs Colombia, 8 p.m. | CTV2, RDS, FOX

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Honest question - are there nations’ best players representing their countries at Copa or is it like a second tier type tourney?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kane is a striker that thinks he’s a midfielder. Not sure why they never play him in a two forward setup with Toney who has a far better nose for the net.
Toney was directly involved in their two goals against Slovakia he is also Supreme with his penalty kicks 37/39 is just sick.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe you're asking the wrong question. It would be best if you asked why the USA is rated ahead of Panama in the FIFA rankings.

The fifa rankings aren't great, but it's unquestionable that the usa has a greater collection of talent.

What gets obnoxious though is how the American talking heads continually prop up this as some golden generation, yet their results don't reflect anything special about them.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The fifa rankings aren't great, but it's unquestionable that the usa has a greater collection of talent.

What gets obnoxious though is how the American talking heads continually prop up this as some golden generation, yet their results don't reflect anything special about them.

This is someting I noticed also. I know the US has some great players that are now playing a little all over Europe now. But together they can't find any great success.

I am excited for Tuesday, but I can't shake the impossibility it will be to win against Argentina. Games are played on the field, but this anxiety is all in my head :D

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is someting I noticed also. I know the US has some great players that are now playing a little all over Europe now. But together they can't find any great success.

I am excited for Tuesday, but I can't shake the impossibility it will be to win against Argentina. Games are played on the field, but this anxiety is all in my head :D

Its all icing on the cake since getting through the group stage.

If they beat Argentina, it would go down as not only the biggest win in Canadian soccer history (with all due respect to the 2000 gold cup winners), but also in Canadian sporting history.

Edit: before someone mentions 1972, I'm talking from an upset angle.

Last edited:

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
Its all icing on the cake since getting through the group stage.

If they beat Argentina, it would go down as not only the biggest win in Canadian soccer history (with all due respect to the 2000 gold cup winners), but also in Canadian sporting history.

Edit: before someone mentions 1972, I'm talking from an upset angle.
It would be Canada's version of the miracle on ice...
I guess Miracle on pitch....

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
1000012961.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad