OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
my friend (Jack) isnt the same guy anymore, a recluse and completely different, he doesn't associate with anyone anymore, and he was the most social happy go lucky person in the world, its really really sad, I hope you never go through anything remotely close to that, it has effected so many friends and families in a negative way...really dark

We had a scare for my oldest when he was about four. I had a taste of that misery for about two weeks. Nothing worse than that feeling. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
We had a scare for my oldest when he was about four. I had a taste of that misery for about two weeks. Nothing worse than that feeling. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.
I would be nervous as a parent over the slightest things, it must be difficult being a parent during the first 20 ish years

Reactions: My3Sons

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
We are all caught up now. Love this show. My favorite DC show or movie by far. Can’t believe I waited so long to give Titans a chance. The Hawk and Dove episode of season 3 was amazing.

I absolutely loved the ending of season 2 with the nightwing costume reveal.

Holy crap that ending of that episode was brutal, I really thought superboy was gonna be able to save him in time, the fact that Dove pulled the trigger by accident was so f***ed up. Even good boy Krypto staying with Hawk whole he exploded, just a wildly sad moment.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
My friend was very close to leaving her now-husband because of his heroin addiction. It was only after a near-conviction that he managed to go straight. I’m never going to f*** with any drug outside of weed. My father-in-law is a big time druggie and his habit has caused her family trouble in the past. It also doesn’t help that his brother/her uncle is a famous musician in both Mexico and Mexican-American communities and he’s a roadie for him. Yes, the rock-n-roll lifestyle (or, in this case, the banda lifestyle) is very real.

Meanwhile I’m on season 3 of The Good Place. Dear God this is bad. It wasn’t great before but they really reached to make this a serialized plot. Every single episode ends on a needless, ridiculous cliffhanger. And Tahani and Jason are two of the most one dimensional characters in the history of television. Practically everything they say is, respectively, “my friend (famous person)” or something about a Florida lowlife or Jaguars fan. It’s even worse considering this is supposed to be about people redeeming themselves. I’m seeing it to the end because we don’t like to cut shows short, but this is unbearable.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Vice's YouTube channel has a documentary on there called Too Soon that talks about comedy after 9/11 that I thought was interesting and would recommend.

Reactions: RangerDoggo

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Finished ending A of Nier Replicant today. I really wish I had played this prior to Automata. I did enjoy it, and am excited to hear Kaine's story.

Definitely going to replay Automata now as well. I must have missed so many references the first time through.

Reactions: Darkauron

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Finally got to play New World in the open beta this weekend and man I'm so pumped for it to release. Didn't play too much since I want to save a lot of stuff for when it actually comes out but it took a lot not to just keep chugging along. Hopefully release doesn't get pushed back again lol

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Finally got to play New World in the open beta this weekend and man I'm so pumped for it to release. Didn't play too much since I want to save a lot of stuff for when it actually comes out but it took a lot not to just keep chugging along. Hopefully release doesn't get pushed back again lol

I thought the combat was fun... But everything else feels so bland to me unfortunately.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I thought the combat was fun... But everything else feels so bland to me unfortunately.

I thought everything else was pretty fun aha. It kinda felt like Skyrim in that I could pretty much do anything, and I made progress while doing it

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Finally stared Doom 64. It sure is different than its PC counterparts. No music to speak of and dark (as in, colorwise) as hell, although I heard the base N64 version was even darker. But I still like it. The enemy redesigns are cool too. I believe I still have the old Nintendo Power Volume 96 with the Mancubus on the cover, mainly for the Super Metroid walkthrough that it came with.

I was one of those kids whose parents didn’t let him play gory games, so I’m playing catch-up. I’ll be getting the rumored GTA remakes for Switch for that reason. For some reason, that prohibition didn’t apply to Turok.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
At my age, it's enough to play Space Invaders. Maybe on a daring day I'll try asteroids but those small ones move so fast.
I'm at the point in my life where I'm more hesitant to play new games and sticking with either old ones or newer ones that I'm comfortable with. I still haven't dipped more than a toe into Breath of the Wild.

I'm neglecting stuff like that, Astral Chain, and Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. Although Doom 64 is a new experience for me, so I guess that counts? Retro FPS's are easy to just dive into, I suppose.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
tumblr_nu5uiiskLL1qd4q8ao1_500.gifv

slappers only, bitchessss

Reactions: NJDsince90

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
tumblr_nu5uiiskLL1qd4q8ao1_500.gifv

slappers only, bitchessss
There’s an interesting video series on YouTube that goes over games with weird development stories and the channel did one about Goldeneye. It wasn’t so much about the original N64 game but about the legal minefield that’s been navigated (and so far, never successfully) to get an HD version of it released. There are a lot of hands in the cookie jar but the one constant is the company that holds the license to James Bond on film. They’ve been very reluctant to hand it out in recent years.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I honestly really did not like Goldeneye that much, even though I loved 007 movies. Perfect Dark was a much better game to me on the n64. But Goldeneye was a lot more popular and mainstream.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Craig is likely in his last Bond film from what I’ve read. I can’t imagine the Bond rights holder will do anything until they decide where they go from here. I could see a tie in game to usher in the next generation of the character. That said, how many young people even care about James Bond movies anymore? What is the demographic? Us old people aren’t really going to flock to Game Stop for a Bobd game are we?

My3Sons

Sponsor
Craig is likely in his last Bond film from what I’ve read. I can’t imagine the Bond rights holder will do anything until they decide where they go from here. I could see a tie in game to usher in the next generation of the character. That said, how many young people even care about James Bond movies anymore? What is the demographic? Us old people aren’t really going to flock to Game Stop for a Bond game are we?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I hate to be a downer but first Michael K. Williams and now Norm MacDonald? Get f***ed September.:rant:

EDIT: Whoops, I see it's being talked about in the TAN.

Reactions: OmNomNom

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Listening to some songs on my new setup and it's neat to pick up these small acoustical details I missed before. Even something simple like Car Radio by twenty one pilots has these muted guitar string plucks in the background that I never heard before but certainly contribute, in a meaningful way, to the angsty nature of the song.

Where this is really shining, though, are piano pieces. Every note is so crisp and clear. I could listen to Joe Hisaishi compositions like this all day.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Malignant was a dumpster fire of a movie. What an absolute waste of time and I have no idea why people were talking this one up. Acting was atrocious too which made it even worse.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Malignant was a dumpster fire of a movie. What an absolute waste of time and I have no idea why people were talking this one up. Acting was atrocious too which made it even worse.
I appreciated that it went balls to the wall stupid at the end. Otherwise it would have been just a mediocre horror movie and there’s no fun in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad