OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Has anyone here watched a show called Mr.D ?
It is on CBC (garbage )
CBC is government owned station and is a frickin joke and besides maybe 3 shows including Hockey Night in Canada is pure trash.
However this show I find to be hilariously good.
If you like these shows :

Arrested Development
30 Rock
The Office
Eastbound and Down

You’ll love MrD .

I found the earlier episodes to be the best. First 2/3 seasons.
It’s kinda cheaply made and the actors are mostly Canadian but it’s still awesome.
There are a few cameos by NHL players. Cammeleri (spelling ?) and a few others .
Here is a small sample. Not the best example but is all I could find for now .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripshot 43

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Has anyone watched See on Apple +?

Yes.

I think it’s not bad and my wife really enjoys it.

I think Momoa is good in it, the premise has its moment, and the action can be good.

On the downside my wife enjoys the shows twists and think they’re exciting while I think they’re fine but not enough groundwork is done at times to justify the surprise as if the reveal should shock the audience.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Has anyone here watched a show called Mr.D ?
It is on CBC (garbage )
CBC is government owned station and is a frickin joke and besides maybe 3 shows including Hockey Night in Canada is pure trash.
However this show I find to be hilariously good.
If you like these shows :

Arrested Development
30 Rock
The Office
Eastbound and Down

You’ll love MrD .

I found the earlier episodes to be the best. First 2/3 seasons.
It’s kinda cheaply made and the actors are mostly Canadian but it’s still awesome.
There are a few cameos by NHL players. Cammeleri (spelling ?) and a few others .
Here is a small sample. Not the best example but is all I could find for now .

Thanks for the recommendation. Canada takes their comedy inspiration these days from south of their border. The land of SCTV, Kids in the Hall, and Trailer Park Boys has given away to stuff like Schitt’s Creek and Kim’s Convenience. Sad to see.

Reactions: Eggtimer

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
if you watched The Wire you loved Omar. f*** drugs man.

omar+devils.png

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Most likely Fentanyl, it can be through heroin, coke or painkillers or what have you. It's a big problem in the street drug world, people are advocating you test your street drug of choice for it with these strips you can get at recovery houses. No Joke.
my friends daughter (a BEAUTIFUL GIRL) hung out with the wrong crowd and decided to try H, she died that night, Fentanyl, it was traced back to a group in Hartford, they killed a lot of people... SUCKS

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
My absolute worst nightmare. I can’t imagine having to go on after the loss of a child.
my friend (Jack) isnt the same guy anymore, a recluse and completely different, he doesn't associate with anyone anymore, and he was the most social happy go lucky person in the world, its really really sad, I hope you never go through anything remotely close to that, it has effected so many friends and families in a negative way...really dark

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I really loved the season 2 finale, might be my favorite episode up to that point. Don't wanna spoil anything but definitely post when you finish it. Season 3 has just been on fire straight out of the gate and it's only 4 episodes in. I almost feel like they got a bit more money to produce the show too since making the switch to HBO from the DC app but I could be off base there.

We are all caught up now. Love this show. My favorite DC show or movie by far. Can’t believe I waited so long to give Titans a chance. The Hawk and Dove episode of season 3 was amazing.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
tried coke a couple of times in tampa 2001…whatever ….just keeps me awake…..overrated as f***

and no thanks to fentanal …yikes.

also, never have, never will mainline anything
problem with Fentanyl is you dont know its there until its to late, thats why so many people are dying, just say NO to Drugs people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad