Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I've never seen a player with so many unlucky bounces off of him. Nurse needs to look at his game and positioning during the offseason and figure out how to make it happen less often.
I seriously felt so bad for Nurse last night. Yet another ridiculous bounce when he was trying to do the right thing. He was instrumental on that 4 min PK though so that made up for it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Dallas sure cheats a lot. It sems that they ge

I agree.
Not to mention the ticky tac calls they were making.
I mean how many of those plays didnt get called in the Vancouver series?
Whats the standard?

The "slash" that got called was COMICALLY bad. He barely love taps his knee, lol. That is a play that happens 75 times a game. The Holloway holding call was pretty bad as well, another play that happens 20-25 times a game against McDavid alone. The Kane penalty and McDavid penalty were legit though.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The "slash" that got called was COMICALLY bad. He barely love taps his knee, lol. That is a play that happens 75 times a game. The Holloway holding call was pretty bad as well, another play that happens 20-25 times a game against McDavid alone. The Kane penalty and McDavid penalty were legit though.
I'm sure if SNet zoomed in perfectly on plenty of hits from Dallas this game, they'd look the same as the Kane one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Even Moneypuck thought this was an even game. Not sure I can handle 6 more of these lol.

View attachment 875220
The run of play over the game was even, but also with Dallas having 5PP's to our only one.

In anycase its a huge win, a game 1 win, and its interesting that both teams tend to get better as series progress. Both teams also having some trouble finishing. Thus the 5 periods to decide game 1.

Dallas can't feel good about their game 1 but they've never seen too bothered about game 1's either.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
As happy I am that we won, still feel a bit disappointed that the horrible camera work on the GWG robbed us of the proper reaction that we deserved to see on a 2OT winning goal.
Not a real hockey market. It's a Bettman hockey market.

Can you imagine the outrage in Edmonton if that was the camera work on not just McDavid's OT winner but much of the game.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Player notes:
  • Brown was worse than normal. Primarily not engaging physically, he looked like a chicken shit out there. Also when he gets the puck on his stick he almost has a “holy shit what do I do moment”
  • Is Drai finger ok? Did it happen this game? It sure doesn’t look good.
  • Even aside from his horrific turnover Kulak was awful. Not a good game at all.
  • Foegele fell down how many times LMAO
  • Our PK was fire
Other notes:
- Who the hell designed the Stars rink and camera area? It’s almost unwatchable when the fans stand up. Even when they sit it’s too zoomed in to get a good birds eye view of the game. Complete embarrassment. Must suck to be a stars fan
- What’s with the grade 6 level officiating? Ticky tacks calls going against us without the favor being returned. The slash Bouchard got was laughable. Clear bias, embarrassing

Overall the Oilers played a really great team game. Very impressed with their performance. This game could have gone either way, but I thought this was one of the most complete games we have played this playoff. People may be in shock, but Skinner played excellent

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Dallas always loses game 1. This team found ways to beat Vegas and Colorado despite being in the same position.

The Oilers cannot and shouldn’t underestimate them, I think we will see a very different Dallas Stars team in game 2.

Need this team ready to take it up a notch and be better.
Not sure how different Dallas will be in game 1, probably better as it wasn't a good game from them, but the Best Dallas team always shows up on the road. Thus them going down 2-0 at home to Vegas and still winning series. The team is hard to Kill. Easiest wins against Dallas tend to be first and second wins. Something galvanizes that club as series go on. That said I think the Oilers are similar and trailed in the Vancouver series most of the way.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree. There were some legit calls but the slash and the holding calls were ridiculous.
Esepcially in light of what they didnt call in the Van series.

Reactions: Biltmore

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Can somebody do a gif of Knoblach walking off the ice after the goal? He looked like a cartoon thief trying to sneak away after the big heist. It was hillarious.
ezgif-2-3ec791544d.gif

edited to fix the slow motion

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
The run of play over the game was even, but also with Dallas having 5PP's to our only one.

In anycase its a huge win, a game 1 win, and its interesting that both teams tend to get better as series progress. Both teams also having some trouble finishing. Thus the 5 periods to decide game 1.

Dallas can't feel good about their game 1 but they've never seen too bothered about game 1's either.
Did you arrange a playdate with your new "Dallas Stars for life friend"... Zubov2156 ?

He's up to 17 posts now.

• Haha
Reactions: Porkleaker

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Player notes:
  • Brown was worse than normal. Primarily not engaging physically, he looked like a chicken shit out there. Also when he gets the puck on his stick he almost has a “holy shit what do I do moment”
  • Even aside from his horrific turnover Kulak was awful. Not a good game at all.
  • Our PK was fire
Other notes:
- Who the hell designed the Stars rink and camera area? It’s almost unwatchable when the fans stand up. Even when they sit it’s too zoomed in to get a good birds eye view of the game. Complete embarrassment. Must suck to be a stars fan
- What’s with the grade 6 level officiating? Ticky tacks calls going against us without the favor being returned. The slash Bouchard got was laughable. Clear bias, embarrassing

Overall the Oilers played a really great team game. Very impressed with their performance. This game could have gone either way, but I thought this was one of the most complete games we have played this playoff. People may be in shock, but Skinner played excellent
The Oilers did play a solid game. No passengers.

Re: the bolded im gald that you brought that up.
I was trying to recall if that was ever an issue before. You literally had no idea what was going on along the side boards and there was no alternate camera angle.
Brutal.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Oh look, another missed call in the game. Another too-many men, way too many. The fix was in for sure.

View attachment 875246
https://forums.hfboards.com/attachm...2967485&hash=4f82ca57d567684eb39a6f22ec63b87d
Just to note that was also just prior to the Stars getting the tying goal so a penalty there would've changed the game appreciably and we probably win in Regulation.

Its funny how far out Harley is from changing. NHL allows some latitude in line changes but that one is so bad he player coming in almost runs into Harley over 10ft from the boards.

Pavelski is given special grace on linechanges because he can't get over the boards without a stool

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
The Oilers did play a solid game. No passengers.

Re: the bolded im gald that you brought that up.
I was trying to recall if that was ever an issue before. You literally had no idea what was going on along the side boards and there was no alternate camera angle.
Brutal.
maybe someone will upload their phone vid so we can get a better angle

Reactions: guymez

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I hope Henrique stays out for another game. They won without him, give him another couple days to fully heal. We will need him as we move further in. Winning lineups are tough to change, it’s not like it’s McDrai coming back after an injury.
I wonder who goes out for Henrique? Carrick, Brown and Ryan have all been pretty good and I doubt they take Mcleod or Foegele out of the lineup. It's looking like the series will be heavily rigged towards Dallas to get PP's then we'll need our best PKers in the lineup.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Player notes:
  • Our PK was fire
Yesterday afternoon, someone posted a picture of him exiting the plane with that finger in a splint, so you have to assume its broken. It must have happened during the Vancouver series. His shot and faceoffs have been subpar over the last few games, so I'm guessing it happened around game 4 or 5 in the previous series. A bit worrisome. Hopefully he's able to overcome it.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad