Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks bud! Can you pay for and watch Sky online, or do you need to have a Television package with them? I went on their site but it looked like the TNT package required a cable subscription. I'll pay, this situation calls for redundancy lol.
I have the whole package and the online/app version doesn't work outside of Germany...otherwise you could use my account for the playoffs.

Reactions: McDoused

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Dallas always loses game 1. This team found ways to beat Vegas and Colorado despite being in the same position.

The Oilers cannot and shouldn’t underestimate them, I think we will see a very different Dallas Stars team in game 2.

Need this team ready to take it up a notch and be better.
This is definitely true, and I have to think the Stars will come out stronger in game 2. BUT, getting a split in Dallas was imperative, especially with Hintz out of the lineup for game 1.

I will also say, that Vancouver series was a complete pressure cooker, what with the crazy swings and also how intense the fans are in both rinks. There wasn't a break in any of those games. You could tell the energy in the building was completely different right from the anthems last night. I dunno, I just felt like compared to the games in Vancouver, the team seemed much more relaxed. And as soon as they went up two, the building was silent. That would never happen in Vancouver.

I'm not saying the crowd makes that big of a difference for these guys, but an all-Canadian series is a different type of pressure. I feel like the Oilers should really benefit from that experience.

I have the whole package and the online/app version doesn't work outside of Germany...otherwise you could use my account for the playoffs.
Ah good to know! Thanks for your help man, unfortunately I'll be a bit east of Germany, but good to know there are some options!

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
dodgeball-ben-stiller.gif
He’s in the Czech Republic with team Canada prepping for the semis tomorrow.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Thought it was a great hockey game. Both teams played well, though I also think both teams have another gear too. Skinner played lights out and looked super confident. You can always tell when he's vibing, it's like he gives off a different aura.

Happy to see McDavid bury the OT winner. He needed that and you could tell he was frustrated. The reffing wasn't outright terrible, but certainly not great either.

Stars play a lot different game than both the Kings and Canucks. Was weird not seeing all the silliness after the whistle. This is going to be a tough series, but I think we proved that we at least belong last night. Don't expect us to get the credit we deserve, but whatever.
Oilers match up better with this though. The Kings and Canucks tried to play rough...the Oilers certainly have tightened their game up and are much more mature....seemed to have continued the style of play from games 6 and 7 from the Canucks series....

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I agree with this.

Ryan suter
Joe pavelski
Dadonov
All over 35

Benn
Seguin
Duchesne
Tanev
Smith
Petrovic
Haakanpaa
Wedgewood
All well over 30. And another 2-3 that are also over 30yo.

The only reason they aren’t the oldest team in the league is because they have 5-6 players that aren’t even 23 yet.

They are an old team (yes I realize the average age of the Oiler team, although it’s more spread across the roster). Going to 2 OT is tough in both teams but I have to assume impacts them more.

That said, Roope Hintz coming back for game 2 will aid them for sure.
you know, they got roope hintz but we got uncle rico

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
It was so nice watching the Oilers play against a team that actually tries to generate offence. Theres so much more flow to the game when teams don’t clog up the neutral zone so much.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I hope Henrique stays out for another game. They won without him, give him another couple days to fully heal. We will need him as we move further in. Winning lineups are tough to change, it’s not like it’s McDrai coming back after an injury.
That’s fair but It’s also not a Brown coming back from injury either. He had 50 points and 25 goals this season. If he’s good to go he makes the 3rd line legit.

But how do you sit anyone after that clutch PK performance though? Carrick was also great and had good F/O numbers and his usual hits.

I’m torn on this.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Oh look, another missed call in the game. Another too-many men, way too many. The fix was in for sure.

View attachment 875246
https://forums.hfboards.com/attachm...2967485&hash=4f82ca57d567684eb39a6f22ec63b87d

You'd think the stars are full of Lady Byng nominees with the ways the officials officiated last night. Outside of a too many men call on the bench against the stars, the fact that the Oilers did not get one single PP in regards to actual infractions from the star players through 80 mins of hockey is just comical to see. Eric Furlatt and Kelly Sutherland are utter dog shit.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You don't think winning a board battle in the corners or behind the net is a pass?
Do you watch the games? Your statement suggests you watch but likely don't compute the game in it's entirety properly

You have any idea how many points McD has generated from Hyman getting him a puck down low and then a couple touches later it goes in?. McD gets a point, Hyman doesn't.
Add to this that on the OT a key component was the forecheck by the supposedly butter soft Nuge.

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
I wanna hear a Jack Michaels call on that goal ASAP.
Anyone got Jack Michaels call of the goal?
That goal call on the OT winner was just pathetic btw. My wife didn’t even know they scored until I started jumping around.

Jack has his warts but we are robbed as fans not getting his goal calls on this playoff run imo.
I don't think this has been posted yet. And I don't have to make it myself because the Oilers (and Jack) posted it on Twitter:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Dallas sure cheats a lot. It sems that they ge
You'd think the stars are full of Lady Byng nominees with the ways the officials officiated last night. Outside of a too many men call on the bench against the stars, the fact that the Oilers did not get one single PP in regards to actual infractions from the star players through 80 mins of hockey is just comical to see. Eric Furlatt and Kelly Sutherland are utter dog shit.
I agree.
Not to mention the ticky tac calls they were making.
I mean how many of those plays didnt get called in the Vancouver series?
Whats the standard?

Oct 15, 2008
Dallas always loses game 1. This team found ways to beat Vegas and Colorado despite being in the same position.

The Oilers cannot and shouldn’t underestimate them, I think we will see a very different Dallas Stars team in game 2.

Need this team ready to take it up a notch and be better.
No team is going to beat Vegas, Colorado and Edmonton in succession….and if they do they deserve to move on

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
No team is going to beat Vegas, Colorado and Edmonton in succession….and if they do they deserve to move on
As long as the officiating is somewhat balanced, fair and unbiased I agree.

Also we don't have to enjoy the biased shitshow media "now" anymore than we had to enjoy it when Edmonton didn't have a good professional hockey team.

Here's a question you might know the answer to, who coined the term "decade of darkness"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad