Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Off topic:

I am from germany and I consider to fly to Edmonton for game 3/4...Do someone know a serious Ticket Portal where I could buy tickets for one or two of these games?

Before I go to my boss and tell him that I am on not at work and I buy a flight it would be awesome to know to have a sure ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Ticketmaster is the best. It’s expensive but tickets are guaranteed.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Ticketmaster is the best.
Thank you...I would get a good flight and my boss has given me green light...but I don't get a babysitter for my son...

That means we have to win this round so I can come to the finals games to Edmonton...that means I will be broke moneywise after that...maybe I can watch one game in a bar and one in the arena.

So let's go Oilers, I need you in the finals.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Am I in the wrong here? The guy has never made a pass in his life. Imagine being the best player on earth and one of your linemates who you're supposed to be banking pucks off of tries to do it all himself on every touch.

It's also no coincidence when you put a player capable of making passes there (Draisaitl) McDavid's 5 on 5 offence skyrockets. We need another playmaker on that line, RNH is soft as shit and Hyman is the definition of a puck hog.

Love how the team looks overall, Holloway replacing RNH or Hyman on that line seems to make a ton of sense.

Tell me you don’t watch the Oilers without telling me you don’t watch the Oilers.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Am I in the wrong here? The guy has never made a pass in his life. Imagine being the best player on earth and one of your linemates who you're supposed to be banking pucks off of tries to do it all himself on every touch.

It's also no coincidence when you put a player capable of making passes there (Draisaitl) McDavid's 5 on 5 offence skyrockets. We need another playmaker on that line, RNH is soft as shit and Hyman is the definition of a puck hog.

Love how the team looks overall, Holloway replacing RNH or Hyman on that line seems to make a ton of sense.
Your either trolling or just started watching yesterday...or you're a Flames fan who desperately wants to say the Oilers are a one line team.....

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
The last part of his name sure is incorrect.

If you come here to the finals from Germany let me know.
I will do anything possible...I am still trying to find someone for next week...but for the finals I would have a good chance...if the flight times are good I will come at any cost, I hope it's as easy to get tickets as it is for this series...but it will sure be not as cheap...but we only live one time and this could be our year!!

Would be awesome to meet someone from HF.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I will do anything possible...I am still trying to find someone for next week...but for the finals I would have a good chance...if the flight times are good I will come at any cost, I hope it's as easy to get tickets as it is for this series...but it will sure be not as cheap...but we only live one time and this could be our year!!

Would be awesome to meet someone from HF.

I sent you a PM. If you come I’d be happy to show you around E-town. And if you Need a ride to the game too.

Tickets will be available for sure but be prepared to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I could be wrong here, but did the whole sequence on the GTG start with another failed soft clear off the boards by 73?

Reactions: McDoused

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
That goal call on the OT winner was just pathetic btw. My wife didn’t even know they scored until I started jumping around.

Jack has his warts but we are robbed as fans not getting his goal calls on this playoff run imo.
Agreed!!!

I was already standing up (had been since the last 10 mins of the 3rd) and was yelling at everyone in the arena to sit down, haha.

But I was jumping up and down on the goal and looked back at my girlfriend who was confused. She was a triple A player, isn't confused by the game. Just used to nuances with the play-by-play. Bring back Michaels!

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Desharnais is OK.

I can live with the occasional brain fart because him being on that pairing allows Ceci to slide down and both pairings look better as a result.

Yeah I generally think he's come a long way and that's an easy thing to clean up. Hopefully it's something Coffey has flagged (because if a schmuck like me can spot it, surely they have too).

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Thank you...I would get a good flight and my boss has given me green light...but I don't get a babysitter for my son...

That means we have to win this round so I can come to the finals games to Edmonton...that means I will be broke moneywise after that...maybe I can watch one game in a bar and one in the arena.

So let's go Oilers, I need you in the finals.
Hey, I figured I might ask you since you're in Germany, but how do you watch the games in Europe? @Jumptheshark might need your help on this one as well. I'm going to be in London and Eastern Europe soon and I am super stressed about missing any games. Thanks guys.

Reactions: McDoused

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Desharnais is OK.

I can live with the occasional brain fart because him being on that pairing allows Ceci to slide down and both pairings look better as a result.

Exactly. Ceci is the, by far, the worst defender we have, and its not close. (I would still try Stetcher in his place btw). So even though VD is in over his head on our 2nd pairing, its better than Ceci there.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

Surely you're not criticizing the line that scored all 3 5v5 goals last night?

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Agreed!!!

I was already standing up (had been since the last 10 mins of the 3rd) and was yelling at everyone in the arena to sit down, haha.

But I was jumping up and down on the goal and looked back at my girlfriend who was confused. She was a triple A player, isn't confused by the game. Just used to nuances with the play-by-play. Bring back Michaels!
Goal call aside, I absolutely loved the team reaction. Happy but moreso just business like and ready to move on.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Seeing Pickard play well in his place may have done him some good too. Competition is good. Skinner looks hungry again. He probably could have used Campbell stealing his spot for a while last playoffs too.
Agreed, before he got the hook against Vancouver I was saying he needed to be sent a message.
Apparently he hired his own coach while Pickard took the net for 2 games. Now he’s won 3 straight with some nice numbers to go with it.
Message delivered.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Fun game, great win.

However...

At some point, the Oilers are going to have to actually hold onto a 2-goal lead and win comfortably.
Sure, but also they won and largely out played the Stars.

It's a regulation win if the Refs even do a poor job and if the Stars don't get a bounce.

I see what you're saying, but the team rallied and won. Playoff hockey is hard, the wins are what matters.

Also there were a lot of positive from top to bottom on the roster, honestly this game bodes well, imo.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

yes, yes you are

who gives a shit if he's doesn't pass...that's not his job on that line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad