Value of: Connor Murphy or Michael Stone To Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe I'm reading too much into things but I'm wondering with the Schenn signing (albeit he's likely a 3rd pairing guy there) if maybe Arizona trades one of these solid young RHD? If so and they are willing to deal in conference what would the ask be from Edmonton for each player? How close are their perceived values to Arizona and lastly what kind of contracts do you expect them to get from Arizona?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Schenn was signed to be a 6/7, I don't see how it makes either of those guys expendable.

OEL-Stone
Goligoski-Murphy

Solid top 4. Don't see why they'd mess with that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Would be more likely one or two of Michalek, Connauton or Dahlbeck get moved if anything.

Outside of Michalek the other two are cheaper guys to slot in to be your 3rd pairing/PB guy I'd think. I'm not saying that its a certainty that either guy gets dealt or anything just that I see a lot of salary on their blueline and what looks to be a lackluster forward group outside of a few young studs and a few solid vets.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Stone and Rieder for Adam Larsson.

No thanks. Rieder is a good player but we need to add another defenseman to Larsson, not swap him out for another D unless it is a clear upgrade.

Would a combination of Yakupov, Reinhart, Davidson, Pouliot and our '17 1st round pick be of interest for Stone or Murphy?

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Honestly out of guys who are close in value, Larsson is the only guy that would really interest the Coyotes.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Honestly out of guys who are close in value, Larsson is the only guy that would really interest the Coyotes.

send him over in a package for Arizona's ______-Larsson.

do you honestly think they'd sink Hall into Larsson and flip him for B- assets?

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

No and I didn't say that I did. All I said is Larsson is the only guy in similar value (not mcdavid) the Coyotes would be interested in. If the Coyotes trade Stone that forces Schenn into the top 4. No way they're doing that.

Taking a trade of a bunch of scraps makes no sense, and the more quality players don't make sense either. Nurse is LH. RNH would be 3C, the closest valuable piece would probably be Eberle, but again that puts Schenn in the top 4.

The Oilers and Coyotes needs are too similar for a trade to work.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No thanks. Rieder is a good player but we need to add another defenseman to Larsson, not swap him out for another D unless it is a clear upgrade.

Would a combination of Yakupov, Reinhart, Davidson, Pouliot and our '17 1st round pick be of interest for Stone or Murphy?

he 1st can probably get you something. the other don't have much value.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
No and I didn't say that I did. All I said is Larsson is the only guy in similar value (not mcdavid) the Coyotes would be interested in. If the Coyotes trade Stone that forces Schenn into the top 4. No way they're doing that.

Taking a trade of a bunch of scraps makes no sense, and the more quality players don't make sense either. Nurse is LH. RNH would be 3C, the closest valuable piece would probably be Eberle, but again that puts Schenn in the top 4.

The Oilers and Coyotes needs are too similar for a trade to work.

Who exactly is RNH playing behind on the Coyotes?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Who exactly is RNH playing behind on the Coyotes?

Dylan strome and max domi (if he plays his natural position?)
Hanzal and Dvorak are also there. zona doesnt need a center really

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Dylan strome and max domi (if he plays his natural position?)
Hanzal and Dvorak are also there. zona doesnt need a center really

Strome and Hanzal, Domi is LW. Bit small for centre in the NHL.

Eberle + davidson for murphy + dvorak

Stahp. Please just stahp. That trade makes the Coyotes much worse. Any trade that puts Schenn in the top 6 is an automatic no. If Stone or Murphy get traded it will be for an upgrade, not a downgrade. Think Trouba, Barrie etc.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
In what universe does signing Schenn make Stone or Murphy expendable?

Literally my exact thought when I saw this thread. I do not think Zona would want to give up any of their good, young defenseman, especially if it is for a forward or a downgrade on the defensive side. Also, Schenn is should not be anywhere near a top 4 role, where Murphy and Stone have already proven themselves to be good in those roles

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Seeing as how them asking for Larsson is really no different than Edmonton fans asking for Murphy or Stone, I'm not sure what your issue with his post is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad