Value of: Connor Murphy or Michael Stone To Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Really?

I would trade Stone for Davidson and your 1st.

I'd do it, Arizona gets a solid and cheap young D and a 1st and we get our 2nd pairing RHD.

In what universe does signing Schenn make Stone or Murphy expendable?

You mentioned in the Schenn thread that a trade was likely, who takes Michalek? OEL, Michalek, Stone, Goligoski and Murphy are all likely $3 million + guys. That said it's not impossible to make that work or anything, I just figured that it'd be possible to see one of your young D moved for forward help.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Seeing as how them asking for Larsson is really no different than Edmonton fans asking for Murphy or Stone, I'm not sure what your issue with his post is.

It's quite different. Edmonton is pretty well set forward wise but could use another top 4 RHD while Arizona is set on D but could probably use some help up front.

If we deal Larsson for Stone we still have only 1 top 4 RHD, if Arizona trades one of Murphy or Stone they still have 1 top 4 RHD but improve up front or at least add some cheaper assets like picks or younger players on cheaper deals.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It's quite different. Edmonton is pretty well set forward wise but could use another top 4 RHD while Arizona is set on D but could probably use some help up front.

If we deal Larsson for Stone we still have only 1 top 4 RHD, if Arizona trades one of Murphy or Stone they still have 1 top 4 RHD but improve up front or at least add some cheaper assets like picks or younger players on cheaper deals.

Arizona actually needs more help on defence, and more d-man prospects. They're overloaded with young forwards already on the team, or that will make the team very soon.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Arizona actually needs more help on defence, and more d-man prospects. They're overloaded with young forwards already on the team, or that will make the team very soon.

They have a solid young D already and added Chychrun at the draft. Not sure of their prospects on D beyond him, but who do they have up front outside of Strome and Dvorak coming up in terms of forward prospects?

OEL-Stone
Goligoski-Murphy

That's a solid top 4 already IMO.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
They have a solid young D already and added Chychrun at the draft. Not sure of their prospects on D beyond him, but who do they have up front outside of Strome and Dvorak coming up in terms of forward prospects?

OEL-Stone
Goligoski-Murphy

Aside from young guys already on the roster like Duclair, Rieder and Domi, they have some other good prospects in Merkley and Perlini. I think that an upgrade on Stone to push him down would really complete their defence.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

OEL-Stone
Goligoski-Murphy

Those dmen you listed plus Dineen, Wood, Deangelo, Tinordi, Dahlbeck. That's it for D prospects.

For forwards, Perlini, Merkley, Keller, Fischer, MacInnis+ the 2 you listed and the 3 on the team. The forwards were good enough to get the Yotes the #1 prospect pool on this site. Only Dahlbeck was considered when that list was made.

The Yotes are pretty similar to the Oilers in what they have/want. Oilers are a bit better on O and Yotes are a bit better on D tho.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
No thanks. Rieder is a good player but we need to add another defenseman to Larsson, not swap him out for another D unless it is a clear upgrade.

Would a combination of Yakupov, Reinhart, Davidson, Pouliot and our '17 1st round pick be of interest for Stone or Murphy?

High scoring chance are is were 75% of goals come from 10.5 shots.
Low scoring chance area is were 255 of goals come from 19.5 shots.

If larsson is a
top10 HSCA D
top10 SA/60 D
#1 Expected EVGA D
top 10 PKGA d.

and PC believes #1 D are
1st comp
top 50 HSCA D
top50 SA/60
Top 50 PKGA D
top 50 EVA/60 D
who get the puck to the top 260 Even production players (forwards)
there are 15-17 of those each year.

unless there is a clear upgrade?

Guess who out performs Larsson the last 2 years in that set of skills?

NO ONE!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
In the universe where Edmonton wants something and doesn't want to give up much for it.

I dunno, the OP offered some pretty valuable pieces a few posts up. The organizational need for Murphy is too great to move him. Stone being injured just kills his value right now so moving him makes no sense. Maybe at the TDL or draft.

Some of the other threads going around today? Yeah value is really bad.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
High scoring chance are is were 75% of goals come from 10.5 shots.
Low scoring chance area is were 255 of goals come from 19.5 shots.

If larsson is a
top10 HSCA D
top10 SA/60 D
#1 Expected EVGA D
top 10 PKGA d.

and PC believes #1 D are
1st comp
top 50 HSCA D
top50 SA/60
Top 50 PKGA D
top 50 EVA/60 D
who get the puck to the top 260 Even production players (forwards)
there are 15-17 of those each year.

unless there is a clear upgrade?

Guess who out performs Larsson the last 2 years in that set of skills?

NO ONE!

Are you trying to suggest Larsson is the best defensive defender in the league?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
the Coyotes won't trade with the Oilers unless if it's a lopsided trade, they are divisional rivals

Bingo.

Neither side wants to help the other out. Plus the Yotes and Oilers have similar needs, we both need more depth on D. Add in the fact that we are division rivals, no chance of a deal happening.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
I'm not gonna sit here and say Murphy is not gonna get traded, because as we have seen this year anything can happen. I just don't see why the Coyotes would trade their best RD who just turned 23. I could see stone being traded but it doesn't make sense to sell him low coming off a major injury. Adding a player like Schenn who is a 5-7 dman shouldn't make Murphy or Stone available. Now if you want Michalek then I'm sure we could work something out. Like I said this is just my opinion and we have seen crazier things happen already this year.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Maybe I'm reading too much into things but I'm wondering with the Schenn signing (albeit he's likely a 3rd pairing guy there) if maybe Arizona trades one of these solid young RHD? If so and they are willing to deal in conference what would the ask be from Edmonton for each player? How close are their perceived values to Arizona and lastly what kind of contracts do you expect them to get from Arizona?

Yea cause team are always looking to move their young good defensemen when they sign a much much worse depth guy. Your living in a blue fantasy land. :shakehead

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yea cause team are always looking to move their young good defensemen when they sign a much much worse depth guy. Your living in a blue fantasy land. :shakehead

Good contribution to the thread.

:handclap: once again clueless on value. :handclap: keep up the bad work.

Then why don't you enlighten us? What would it cost to land Stone? Add something to the thread for discussions sake instead of trying to derail it by talking crap.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Wow this turned sour quickly, everyone take a breath lol.

As for the OP, I dont think there is a deal to be made here. As others have stated, we have similar needs and without some form of over payment it would be the wrong move to trade one of Stone or Murphy right now. That goes for every other team in the league, not just Edmonton.

And I didn't quote it, but who ever the Coyotes poster was that suggested RNH would be our 3rd line center going into this year is wrong. The guy would be running our top 6 with Hanzal while Strome would be getting 3rd line minutes until he proves he deserves more. That said, we are well stocked at center currently and our future looks bright at that position so making a move for RNH doesn't work either.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm not gonna sit here and say Murphy is not gonna get traded, because as we have seen this year anything can happen. I just don't see why the Coyotes would trade their best RD who just turned 23. I could see stone being traded but it doesn't make sense to sell him low coming off a major injury. Adding a player like Schenn who is a 5-7 dman shouldn't make Murphy or Stone available. Now if you want Michalek then I'm sure we could work something out. Like I said this is just my opinion and we have seen crazier things happen already this year.

Michalek is not a PP threat or offensive defenseman. We have a worse but similarly expensive Fayne to fill the role that Michalek would play in Edmonton. Just speaking hypothetically here, IF Murphy or Stone were asking for too much $ (not sure what that number would be for each player for Arizona to consider dealing one of them?) what would you want from Edmonton/could a deal be made with the pieces that I mentioned in the OP?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wow this turned sour quickly, everyone take a breath lol.

As for the OP, I dont think there is a deal to be made here. As others have stated, we have similar needs and without some form of over payment it would be the wrong move to trade one of Stone or Murphy right now. That goes for every other team in the league, not just Edmonton.

And I didn't quote it, but who ever the Coyotes poster was that suggested RNH would be our 3rd line center going into this year is wrong. The guy would be running our top 6 with Hanzal while Strome would be getting 3rd line minutes until he proves he deserves more. That said, we are well stocked at center currently and our future looks bright at that position so making a move for RNH doesn't work either.

Thanks. I would prefer holding onto RNH and that is why I didn't list him as one of the assets in the OP. Any idea what Murphy and Stone's contract demands are ballpark wise?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Thanks. I would prefer holding onto RNH and that is why I didn't list him as one of the assets in the OP. Any idea what Murphy and Stone's contract demands are ballpark wise?

Personally I don't, our board has more informed posters than myself though so that info may be out there. I'd assume it's in the 3m-4m range for both but I could be way off base.

jeff340

Jun 20, 2015
Reinhart and Yak for Murphy or Stone and that is fair value given what Murphy and Stone have accomplished so far in the NHL.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Is Stone really a top pairing D? Or does OEL basically just make anyone a top pairing D a la Karlsson to Methot.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Personally I don't, our board has more informed posters than myself though so that info may be out there. I'd assume it's in the 3m-4m range for both but I could be way off base.

Thanks. IF Arizona traded Stone would Murphy be a capable PP fill in? If not would DeAngelo be the only other RHD that could fill that role in the near future in the org?

Reinhart and Yak for Murphy or Stone and that is fair value given what Murphy and Stone have accomplished so far in the NHL.

I don't think so unless Arizona views Yak very favorably. I am a big Reinhart fan actually but he hasn't proven enough to have that trade make sense for Arizona IMO.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
[NHL][/NHL]

2 semi-busts for a decent top-4 dman.... Don´t think so...

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Good contribution to the thread.

Then why don't you enlighten us? What would it cost to land Stone? Add something to the thread for discussions sake instead of trying to derail it by talking crap.

There is no cost, cause the team that has him does not want to move him as that would cause them to use a much lesser player into their top 4. Something they surely don't want to do. Why is that so hard to understand???

jeff340

Jun 20, 2015
Murphy has averaged 0.17 ppg in the NHL

Stone 0.31 ppg and last 3 yrs went -10, -24, and -10

No thanks on either!

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
no.2 & no.4...

I would ask for Darnell Nurse + 2nd if I was ARI's GM (in other word, I wouldn't trade non of my solid top 4 at this point)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad