Value of: Connor McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of McDavid or Draisaitl should Edmonton consider trading to balance out the team

• Total voters

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Most Oilers fans will not agree but I think the team would be a better team with the return McDavid trade would provide . I do not see much of a drop of from Draisaitl .

McDavid return would need to included at least 2 of 1D, 1G and 2C . All players would have to be on the younger side . We would even consider McDavid for 30+ year old players unless they are the cherry on top . On top of the above add picks and prospects .

Special mention to TML fans JT and Matthews don't cut it . Matthews would be gone quicker then Pronger and JT is over paid . Plus you don't have that number 1 D we need

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Happy to be a part of this discussion. From the Avs MacK and Girard or Kadri and Makar. Not saying the Avs or Oilers agree to either of these but I think it's the only bases we can put together that would entice the Oilers. This would be for McJesus of course.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
IF they were toying with the notion of trading one of them, it would have to be Drai. I mean Gretzky was moved etc etc etc, but it's Connor f***ing McDavid.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
While i agree with the logic of the starter, i do not believe any other team has the assets to make a fair trade.
It would be only remotely close if the Oilers could pick a package from different teams.
Not sure this is possible

Reactions: ujju2

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Would only make sense to trade just one of them if you could do something like Drai for Seider

a kid that is cheap and can play a big role right now and you use the cap space for a upgrade on goal and forward deep

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Real 1ds are costing 9million or more these days. So you're already going to be up 9 on the cap after trading McDavid. Doesn't leave a lot of room to bring in a real 1G or 2c on top of the dman you're getting for McDavid. You're already paying Nurse, so paying another dman that money is going to be tough. They need some of these prospects they drafted to step in and be good players.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Happy to be a part of this discussion. From the Avs MacK and Girard or Kadri and Makar. Not saying the Avs or Oilers agree to either of these but I think it's the only bases we can put together that would entice the Oilers. This would be for McJesus of course.

From BUF:

2022 1st (unprotected)
Cozens
Olofsson
Dahlin
UPL

Niether of these are actually particularly bad bases of a trade. The Kadri one doesn't do it for me, even though I recognize Makar is the centrepiece.

I think this would come down to whether you think the difference between MacK and McJesus in terms of Oiler's roster chemistry, strength, and depth is satisfied with Girard++ (would need some additional pieces). McJesus has a big salary, deservedly so, but with the other contracts on our roster, returning young elite C in MacK with a stud d in Girard with some other ancilary pieces could arguable make the Oilers a much more complete and competent team as a whole.

I do think the BUF trade is a bit of a hard sell if only that most of the pieces can't immediately contribute right now at a level to replace what we are losing in McDavid, which the Oilers are trying to do in the moment.

For the record, I am not for trading McDavid. But for the sake of the thread and question, I don't think there is an unspeakable value to him. And I can see ways that the super-starpower and marketing he could bring a franchise in his name/production alone could be financially worth multiple star/stud assets he would cost. Strictly speaking from a franchise value perspective with money/revenue via tickets and jerseys as the units of measurement.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Flames fan here. How about Looch and a 3rd?:D

Seriously though the Oilers do need supporting cast help to improve. Trading McDavid would return a King's ransom, but you're up against the cap now so you'd be asking for a lot of futures and basically re-starting the perennial re-build.

So it would be better to stick with him unless he want out.

Reactions: Czechboy

archangel2

May 19, 2019
upload_2022-1-1_18-32-3.jpeg

upload_2022-1-1_18-32-20.jpeg

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Most Oilers fans will not agree but I think the team would be a better team with the return McDavid trade would provide . I do not see much of a drop of from Draisaitl .

McDavid return would need to included at least 2 of 1D, 1G and 2C . All players would have to be on the younger side . We would even consider McDavid for 30+ year old players unless they are the cherry on top . On top of the above add picks and prospects .

Special mention to TML fans JT and Matthews don't cut it . Matthews would be gone quicker then Pronger and JT is over paid . Plus you don't have that number 1 D we need

no team will give the oilers what McDavid is worth

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Thread title doesn't match the poll.
Draisaitl would go well before McDavid.
If Drai can fetch McDavid like value then he could be traded.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
From BUF:

2022 1st (unprotected)
Cozens
Olofsson
Dahlin
UPL
The deal would have to make Edmonton a contender ie not futures.
Flip the 1st for immediate help and its interesting for Draisaitl.

McD would not get traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad