Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I posted earlier that Eichel reminded me of Kessel. I wasn't sure about McDavid but I think I see Datsyuk written all over him.
Ldt72.gif

Hard to take your post seriously, when there is extreme bias-ness within it.

Personally I still have McDavid as my #1 for the 2015 draft, but there is no question about it that Eichel has completely outplayed Connor in WJC. It's McDavid to lose, but Eichel has definitely closed the gap between both and currently looks like the 2nd best prospect for 2015.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Eichel is ahead in physical development; and naturally bigger more physical specimen. McDavid loses in that department in this tourney.

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
McDavid has absolutely nothing to worry about other than injury or some tactical lindros style ultimatum. This kid is a tier above everyone else in his class. Lol, certainly doesn't need to worry about eichel...

Thankstoo

Jun 29, 2013
Eichel was given a lot of slack this tourney. If he pulled off some of his indifferent play at times he wouldn't dress let alone slip a line or two under Sutter.

He was given every opportunity to contribute with first line minutes at his natural position the whole tourney. Put McDavid in that position and he would have doubled Eichel's output. I really like Jack Eichel but McDavid is and will continue to be that talent above all other's in his draft class.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Eichel was given a lot of slack this tourney. If he pulled off some of his indifferent play at times he wouldn't dress let alone slip a line or two under Sutter.

He was given every opportunity to contribute with first line minutes at his natural position the whole tourney. Put McDavid in that position and he would have doubled Eichel's output. I really like Jack Eichel but McDavid is and will continue to be that talent above all other's in his draft class.

Bit of a stretch. But I understand your point and agree to some degree.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I still remember the day Americans were comparing Phil Kessel to Sidney Crosby. "America's answer to Sidney Crosby" Remember those days?

Good ol times at Hfboards.com again.

McDavid has absolutely nothing to worry about other than injury or some tactical lindros style ultimatum. This kid is a tier above everyone else in his class. Lol, certainly doesn't need to worry about eichel...

I don't know if anyone actually watch the Erie Otters here. I was able to watch one of their games on television, and this kid was unreal. They say he's the next superstar player, and one of the best since Sidney Crosby. I totally believe it. This kid is the real deal, although he's not playing up to par. He will be drafted number 1 overall.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
I remember feeling underwhelmed with Stamkos at the 2008 WJC, as well as Mackinnon last year. It's hard for kids to succeed when they're playing as the 13th forward. McDavid will be alright.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I still remember the day Americans were comparing Phil Kessel to Sidney Crosby. "America's answer to Sidney Crosby" Remember those days?

Good ol times at Hfboards.com again.

I don't know if anyone actually watch the Erie Otters here. I was able to watch one of their games on television, and this kid was unreal. They say he's the next superstar player, and one of the best since Sidney Crosby. I totally believe it. This kid is the real deal, although he's not playing up to par. He will be drafted number 1 overall.

Two problems:

Crosby >>>> McDavid as a prospect
Eichel > Kessel as a prospect.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Two problems:

Except that this isn't accurate...

Crosby isn't WAYYYYY better than McDavid.

He's better than Mcdavid, and Eichel may be better than Kessel.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

So many things can happen between now and the draft. Even more can happen once they enter the NHL. Let's just let the whole thing play out and hopefully they will both be terrific and a joy to watch.

Sloth Slothersons*

It might be even more entertaining if they both turned out to be duds. #1 and #2 picks and they both turn out like Stefan.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

It might be even more entertaining if they both turned out to be duds. #1 and #2 picks and they both turn out like Stefan.

Not is today's day and age. Too much info on the kids. A #1 might not live up to his billing but he won't be a dud - unless the draft year is incredibly poor.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
As much as I want Buffalo to get one of these guys and think Edmonton doesn't deserve another top pick, I think it would be super interesting if the went to Calgary and Edmonton and had a sort of personal rivalry while bringing their teams into contention.

Horvath Broncos

Aug 21, 2013
So, yeah, it is possible in today's day in age.

but not in 2015 draft. that top4 looks like it could be best in the recent history. McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin and Barzal all seem to have that franchise player potential. sure anything can happen but i am willing to bet that atleast 3 of them becomes a star player atleast in the NHL level.

i would say that those three at this point seem even better than 2013 top 4, which is a lot to say.

Bluejaysfan*

Are we saying Eichel is better than Kessel now or that he will be in the future??

Common sense would imply in the future. Why on Earth would anyone say Eichel is better than Kessel now when he hasn't played a game in the NHL.

Horvath Broncos

Aug 21, 2013
Two problems:

don't know about that Eichel and Kessel part. at around the same age as Eichel Kessel was considered USA's Crosby and was thought to be 1st overall pick. Kessel and Eichel have pretty similar junior career so far statistically. Kessel even slightly better.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
And...

Eichel is nothing like Kessel. :laugh: A faster Getzlaf would be a better comp.

unlike Getzlaf....more hair:sarcasm:

Yes Eichel is nothing like Kessel. Dating myself I would compare him to Ron Francis.
McDavid is lot more like Kessel. As McDavid fills out physically this may change; not so much like Kessel, but increased strength may make McDavid even more all world class when it comes to creating turnovers with back pressure and on the boards - big strength of his game, without the strength.

Lot's of time to go here. I am undecided. Winnipeg Jets would take either if given the chance; hope we have no chance.:D

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Except that this isn't accurate...

Crosby isn't WAYYYYY better than McDavid.

He's better than Mcdavid, and Eichel may be better than Kessel.
Crosby lead the entire CHL in scoring (in only 59 games), as a sixteen year old, and carried his Rimouski team, unlike McDavid. Crosby was a much better prospect than Connor McDavid.

Most people don't project McDavid to be better than Crosby currently is and Sid is one of the most talented players in NHL history but still not on the level of Gretzky. However, in his prospect days, many people thought Sid could ascend to Gretzky-like dominance (including Gretzky himself).

I think there's a pretty nice-sized gap, between the two, in both ability AND hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad