Congratulations! YOU Have Been Hired As GM of the LA Kings. Post Your Offseason Plan & Lineup.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
So we replace a 30 goal scorer with a 19 goal scorer for the same price tag.
Is that you Rob?
Yes because you sacrifice the season to start grabbing future impact guys like McGroarty. Moore is already 29 years old. If you get a cheaper established player with only a year on his contract to back fill the position and not block the kids its a win.

i am confused because right after that post you posted another message:

"There is no player on this planet who would make the Kings competing for the cup,
so retooling is not an option."

So you admit our roster is not a cup winning roster.

This is how they rebuild, trade off the older talent that can fetch good prospects that can play with Byfield and Clarke. Stop building a roster that is to good to fail but to poor to contend. I love Drew and Anze but it is time to Build around Byfield and Clarke.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Yes because you sacrifice the season to start grabbing future impact guys like McGroarty. Moore is already 29 years old. If you get a cheaper established player with only a year on his contract to back fill the position and not block the kids its a win.

i am confused because right after that post you posted another message:

"There is no player on this planet who would make the Kings competing for the cup,
so retooling is not an option."

So you admit our roster is not a cup winning roster.

This is how they rebuild, trade off the older talent that can fetch good prospects that can play with Byfield and Clarke. Stop building a roster that is to good to fail but to poor to contend. I love Drew and Anze but it is time to Build around Byfield and Clarke.
You are preaching to the choir here,
I support the rebuild since 4 years.

Reactions: funky

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Hmmm.

Moore, 1st, Kaliyev, rights to Matt Roy (WPG needs RHD)
for
McG, Iaffalo

Iaffalo replaces Moore for us. Winnipeg gets a high quality NHL player who's locked up, plus futures. Depends a lot on what Moore's value is. But 4.2M for a "30 goal scorer" is pretty great.

Restructure this, to make it gooder.

Moore, #1 2024, #1 2025
for
Ehlers, McGroarty, #2 2024 (37 OA)

Rumors they will move Ehlers, as they need cap space. He has 1 more yr at 6M. Based on extending him at 7M for 6 years. Kicks in 25-26

Fiala Byfield Ehlers
Toffoli Kopitar Kempe
Turcotte Danault Laferriere
Trenin Stenlund Thomas
Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Englund or FA Spence
Kuemper
Rittich

McGroarty plays JR year at Michigan...or better, signs and starts w Reign.
Probably makes his way onto Kings during year.
37 OA was pick they dealt for PLD and get it back! One reason, so in the future,
and the Jets make a good pick, cannot say they also got that player from the Kings for PLD.
At 37, a good prospect will fall: Ryder Ritchie, Teddy Stiga, Alfons Freij, Sam O'Reilly (moving up charts with good playoffs and Memorial Cup) Parascak, Misa, Surin, Badinka, Hutson, Kiviharju, Brunicke. 3 of these will probably be there and Connelly could honestly fall here!

Have not projected the cap, but if QB does 2 years at 5.5, think this can be done.
Ehlers is 28 and Moore is 29. Sending #1 24 and #1 25 is not great, but #37 coming back and a 20 year old #14 OA from 2022 makes up for it....McGroarty is a guaranteed hit, whereas Kings #1 2024 and #1 2025 are not guaranteed hits. I don't think the Jets do this, anyway.

Reactions: johnjm22

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kevin Stenlund:
15 points, -10, 51.4% in the dot, 83 hits, 55 blocks.

Trevor Lewis:
16 points, +7, 42.6% in the dot, 90 hits, 62 blocks.

I keep seeing Stenlund's name thrown around but he's literally just a bigger Trevor Lewis.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Kevin Stenlund:
15 points, -10, 51.4% in the dot, 83 hits, 55 blocks.

Trevor Lewis:
16 points, +7, 42.6% in the dot, 90 hits, 62 blocks.

I keep seeing Stenlund's name thrown around but he's literally just a bigger Trevor Lewis.

I agree with that, but Stenlund is 6'4" 216 and only 27. Lewis is 37. Stenlund just won a ring and was good on faceoffs and helping shut down Oilers PP. If I am making a 2024-25 roster and adding Ehlers, Toffoli, the rest must be rookies or players between 1.5 and 2.0 mil. Stenlund made 1M last yr...Trenin made 1.7.
If you can sign Stenlund for 1.3 and Trenin for 2.0? Good 4th line options in that range...Trenin and Stenlund are both 27 yrs old. What are other good 4th line options, with 1.5 M avg?
Helenius will probably be going for that slot by next year (25-26) and Lee may be ready too.
Lewis is 37 yrs old. Liz is 5'7" and Grundstrom has zero hockey sense and zero instincts. Not tough.
Need an entire new line 4. McGroarty is 20 and projects better than Thomas, Turcotte, Laferriere, honestly and is the hoped for top 6 stud winger. If he plays line 3 and makes some impact in his first yr or 2, fine. Seems like he's going to be dealt and few 20 yr olds like him and none avaialble.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Stenlund is either going to get a serious bump or take a longterm security blanket. This is likely the biggest opportunity to make as much dough as he can in his lifetime. And good for him, he earned it. People love to criticize those deals, but this is what it's all about. Achieving the goal, getting rewarded for it by somebody who wants what you know how to do.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
The more I dive into the Free Agency market the more I think Tyler Toffoli makes sense.

He'll probably settle for less term and money than the other top guys and he's a right shot forward which we only have one of AND he's still capable of scoring 30 goals in a season still.

I'd say the top 5 for US would be:

1. Tyler Toffoli
2. Nikita Zadorov
3. Yakov Trenin
4. Jake Debrusk
5. Ian Cole

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Since that idiot didnt trade Roy in TDL I would trade Grav for picks. Sign Zadorov and trade for McNabb.
Trade away Lizzo, Kalyev, Grund and Moverare (for whatever) sign Matt Martin and another 4th liner. The final piece would be someone to complement QB55. The focus should be on making sure that he becomes a star (with fitting linemates) and protecting Turcs and Clarke.

Fiala - QB - QBs buddy
Kempe - Kopitar - Thomas/Fagemo/Turcs
Moore - Danault - Laff
Martin - Turcs/Thomas - mr real 4th liner
Lee

44 -8
Zadorov - Clarke
McNabb - Spence
Englund

Darcy
Dave

Dog as Man

Mostly sniffing around.
Feb 27, 2002
Napa
Might I suggest Stefan Noeson of the Car. Hur as 4th line RW as a free agent. Late Blooming 1st round pick.
His last 2 seasons have been remarkable. His price tag is miniscule most probably. Brings veteran presence, if we're dropping Lewis and/or Lizzote. 5 goals in the playoffs, wtaf. Snag him .

Reactions: johnjm22

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
? - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - ?
Moore - Danault - Laferierre
Jeannot - Turcotte - Thomas

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Englund - Spence
*Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
Samuel FagemoAnze KopitarAdrian Kempe

Kevin FialaQuinton ByfieldMartin Chromiak

Trevor MoorePhillip DenaultAlex Laferriere

Tanner JeannotAlex TurcotteAkil Thomas

Mikey AndersonDrew Doughty

Vladislav GabrikovBrandt Clarke

Andreas EngulndJordan Spence

Kyle Burroughs

Darcy Kuemper

David Rittich

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Since Capfrienldy will go off line soon..

SIGNINGS
Byfield 2x6M (Bridge)
Spence 1x1M (Bridge)
Kaliyev 1x983K
Marchessault 2x7M (+ P Bonuses)
Schmidt 2x3M

ROSTER
Kempe-Kopitar-Marchessault
Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-Jeannot
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Schmidt-Spence
Englund

Kuemper
Rittich

DEAD CAP
Richards 700K
Provorov 2.025M
Overages 1.85M

WAIVED
Moverare
Burroughs

DETAILS
Roster Size: 22
Salary Cap: 88M
Cap Hit: 87.612M
Cap Space: 388K

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
? - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - ?
Moore - Danault - Laferierre
Jeannot - Turcotte - Thomas

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Englund - Spence
*Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich
Pretty much that is the starting lineup right now going into free agency. I think they are going to want a forward that can play both wing and center. First full year of Byfield at Center and PLD gone, think we need some center depth there in case of injuries or something goes south.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
First thing I would do is get rid of all the sucky players. After that I would replace them with players that are younger and better at hockey.

I honestly think AI will be a better option than anything in the coming years.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Pretty much that is the starting lineup right now going into free agency. I think they are going to want a forward that can play both wing and center. First full year of Byfield at Center and PLD gone, think we need some center depth there in case of injuries or something goes south.
Maybe Henrique wants to come back to SoCal. He'd probably be cheap at his age, but is still an effective hockey player. Good in the playoffs too. And most importantly he has a French last name.

Kempe-Kopitar-Toffoli
Moore-Byfield-Fiala
Henrique-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-Jeannot

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I'll start preseason with

Fiala _QB - Kaliyev

Kempe - Kopi - Fagemo

Jeannot - Danault - Moore ( Je De Moi line)

Akil - Turcotte - Laferriere

Lee - Helenius - Ward

Gavrikov- Clarke

Anderson- Spence

Moverare - Burroughs

Englund - DD

Portillo

Rittich

Kuemper

Some youth up for a look in significant roles and either sinking in the line up or they find their spot

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad