Comedians you do NOT think are funny...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Easy. Kevin Hart, Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman, Stephen Colbert, Jerry Seinfeld, Samantha Bee, Jim Carrey, Patton Oswalt, Gabriel Iglesias, Seth Rogan, Carlos Mencia, Jonah Hill, Aziz Ansari, etc. I could go on all day.

But the worst of the worst have to be Hart and Iglesias. And it’s not like I have a limited view of comedy or anything like that. I love guys like Norm MacDonald, Patrice O’Neal, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, Louis C.K., George Carlin, Roseanne Barr, Bruce Bruce, Tom Segura, Theo Von, Joey Diaz, Lavell Crawford, Chris Rock, Joan Rivers, Lisa Lampanelli, etc. I know I’m forgetting at least 5-10 others.

Stephen Colbert is not funny. Neither is Kevin Hart. Seth Rogen annoys me to no end. Never thought Joan Rivers was funny - and neither does Ellen DeGeneres. Bill Maher, without Real Time writers, is not funny.

Love Norm MacDonald, altho his course language bothers me. Amy Schumer's TV show is funny.

Reactions: avsfan09

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Love Norm MacDonald, altho his course language bothers me.

Stephen Colbert is not funny. Neither is Kevin Hart. Seth Rogen annoys me to no end. Never thought Joan Rivers was funny - and neither does Ellen DeGeneres.

Amy Schumer's TV show is funny.

Bill Maher, without Real Time writers, is not funny.
Pretty much same boat as you. Joan Rivers I definitely wouldn’t consider one of my favorite comedians, but she has made me laugh on occasion.

And yea, Norm is probably my favorite comedian of all-time. I personally don’t mind his profanity, because to me it adds an extra level of funny. It’s funny hearing those things come out of Norm’s mouth.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Pretty much same boat as you. Joan Rivers I definitely wouldn’t consider one of my favorite comedians, but she has made me laugh on occasion.

And yea, Norm is probably my favorite comedian of all-time. I personally don’t mind his profanity, because to me it adds an extra level of funny. It’s funny hearing those things come out of Norm’s mouth.
Does anyone else find all the cursing in today's comedy off putting?

Reactions: Buchnevich89

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
That is why I have always had a place in my heart for Jerry Seinfeld. His comedy is clean. :thumbu:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
One person we can all agree is amazingly funny...

Jenny McCarthy

Her routine on avoiding vaccinations is hilarious. ;)

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Does anyone else find all the cursing in today's comedy off putting?
Depends on the comedian, depends on the comedian’s shtick, and depends on the reason for cursing. But yes I agree. If you curse in an obvious attempt to make your comedy funnier, it’s pretty off putting. Like, if you’re already not a very good comedian, it’s pretty easy to tell when you’re cursing just to curse.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site

Norm can be crude and profane but it's far from a crutch with him, and his best work is far from it. He's more likely to tell a shaggy dog story like the Moth Joke than he is to make a c*ck joke. His diversity is why he's my favourite comic by far.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Norm can be crude and profane but it's far from a crutch with him, and his best work is far from it. He's more likely to tell a shaggy dog story like the Moth Joke than he is to make a c*ck joke. His diversity is why he's my favourite comic by far.
Exactly. Norm is funny regardless of what he does. Anything he does/says can be funny, in my opinion. He’s got that rare gift. He doesn’t need cursing to be a great comedian.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Really? You didn’t know? I thought this was common knowledge. When he’s not doing comedy, and doing interviews and other stuff, he’s horrible. Awful personality. Conceited, arrogant, annoying, and cocky.
Fair enough. TBH, I have heard that before but I wasn't sure how accurate it is.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
@hangman005

all seriousness though some of the people I've seen on Netflix or elsewhere: Theo Von, Sebastian Maniscalo, Amy Schumer (her earliest work, like Last Comic Standing material, was above average but once she started becoming successful it's like she completely forgot how to be funny, it's made even worse by her public bitching when people criticize her because it's unfathomable that she isn't a good joke writer, anyone who thinks so is a sexist), Kevin Hart (he's a decent storyteller but his jokes aren't particularly witty or well written), Mike Birbiglia (I legitimately could not understand why people find him so funny).

Reactions: hangman005

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Exactly. Norm is funny regardless of what he does. Anything he does/says can be funny, in my opinion. He’s got that rare gift. He doesn’t need cursing to be a great comedian.
I remember Norm when he first started - I saw him on the Pat Sajak Show. His comedy was clean and I loved it. Then I saw one of his specials and the language was off putting. Not sure why he changed.

I understand he is quite religious so it seems odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad