Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Any thoughts on:

Jenner-RyJo-Arti
Foligno-Dubi-Horton
Calvert-Letstu-Cam
RJ-DMac-Comeau

I like Dubi between the kids, but Letestu is an adept passer who can set the table for them, too. I would add that I would prefer Flipping RJ and Horton but Horton won't be put on the 4th line.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Any thoughts on:

Jenner-RyJo-Arti
Foligno-Dubi-Horton
Calvert-Letstu-Cam
RJ-DMac-Comeau

I like Dubi between the kids, but Letestu is an adept passer who can set the table for them, too. I would add that I would prefer Flipping RJ and Horton but Horton won't be put on the 4th line.

You know, that's not bad. If you key on Joey, Arty will kill you - and vice versa. One opens up ice for the other. I just don't know if Arty is any good at right wing. Letestu is more than competent enough to center the third line.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Any thoughts on:

Jenner-RyJo-Arti
Foligno-Dubi-Horton
Calvert-Letstu-Cam
RJ-DMac-Comeau

In that set up, I'd probably keep Dubinsky with Calvert/Cam and put Letestu between Foligno and Horton. Not that I think you're off, it would be a good thing to see and I was wondering about a midget line with 11-55-13 earlier. That said, Richards tends to like having a security blanket of 1 forward line he keeps steady.

Let's also not forget that we really just saw Arty with Johansen 4-on-4 which is very different from 5-on-5 since both forwards act more as centers.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Have you seen him play in person?

Kid is a beast.

Agreed, if Umby or Horton were playing with Jenner's intensity and authority, we wouldn't be whining about them. He finishes his checks, drives hard, hustles all day, and has a decent shot.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Thank goodness March is over. The splits for March were terrible. A lot of minus players, yet our goaltending stats were superb.

Translation: Any increase in goal scoring and we're back to being very dangerous. Probably the most concerning stat; Horton with 16 shots in 14 games.

We could really use a true playmaker at center.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I have not yet, looking forward to it in two weeks in Tampa/Ft. Lauderdale.

I think you'll see what I mean. So much of what he does so well is tough to see on a broadcast .

It's incredible to me that he's a 20 year old rookie. He plays like a 10 year vet.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I think you'll see what I mean. So much of what he does so well is tough to see on a broadcast .

It's incredible to me that he's a 20 year old rookie. He plays like a 10 year vet.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on him.

And I do come back a couple times a year, esp during the holidays.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Thank goodness March is over. The splits for March were terrible. A lot of minus players, yet our goaltending stats were superb.

Translation: Any increase in goal scoring and we're back to being very dangerous. Probably the most concerning stat; Horton with 16 shots in 14 games.

We could really use a true playmaker at center.

He's probably getting bought out and will demand a reasonable salary, but Brad Richards?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I still have a hard time deciding if I think Boone will be a top 6er or bottom 6er. Either way, he's a valuable player.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Just got done watching DVR of game, I made it to about half way through the second and I just couldn't stomach that game anymore and had to fast forward to the good parts. Glad we got a win, but that was some boring/ugly hockey tonight, thankfully most of our games aren't usually like that. Felt like I was watching a Minnesota vs Dallas game or something.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Just got done watching DVR of game, I made it to about half way through the second and I just couldn't stomach that game anymore and had to fast forward to the good parts. Glad we got a win, but that was some boring/ugly hockey tonight, thankfully most of our games aren't usually like that. Felt like I was watching a Minnesota vs Dallas game or something.

Any way you could upload a GIF of the bench reaction? :P

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I like the centers we have. We need one or two better shooters on the wings.

You realize that AA is 5 goals and no assists in March.

Johansen and AA are more goalscorers. Dubinsky; I could play him at wing all day and depth for injuries.

We need some play making ability. This team is lacking it in spades. It is one of the biggest problems in the offensive zone.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
You realize that AA is 5 goals and no assists in March.

Johansen and AA are more goalscorers. Dubinsky; I could play him at wing all day and depth for injuries.

We need some play making ability. This team is lacking it in spades.

OK then, to get your "true playmaker at center" who do you get rid of?
I still disagree with your premise. We create chances. We don't finish a lot of them.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
My problem with what Richards is doing right now with the lineup is he is trying to make it to balanced. That stuff works when you have everybody going, but right now we have to many people not scoring, I'd like to see us go top heavy for a few game and see what happens, as right now I feel like we are icing 4 third lines when we have the ability to roll three second lines and a third line caliber. I'd love to see the following:

Dubinsky Johansen Jenner
Foligno Anisimov Horton
Calvert Letestu Atkinson (I love this line)
Umberger Mckenzie Tropp/boll/frattin/Comeau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad