Proposal: Colorado - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Leafs say no. Good players but the leafs have 2 young d and are set at LD with rielly sandin and Muzzin.

If any of the big 4 forwards are moved I’d imagine it’s for more forwards. I also wouldnt expect the one with the best contract moved.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Leafs say no. Good players but the leafs have 2 young d and are set at LD with rielly sandin and Muzzin.

If any of the big 4 forwards are moved I’d imagine it’s for more forwards. I also wouldnt expect the one with the best contract moved.

So who's moved then? There's only one other forward that could be and we know his caphit isn't attractive in any way.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Leafs decline. Reilly is locked long term and Sandin seems ready to be a solid Top 4. Only benefit is the 2.5M annual cap savings.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
With the Leafs recent struggles with scoring goals it would be foolish of them to trade one of their top scores for defence.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Small offensive defenseman, who can't play defense, for the forward, who's equally good in the regular and playoffs... Seems an ok trade.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I've heard from an avs fan that Samuel Girard is a top 20 dman. 23 year old top 20 dman signed for 6 years at $5 mill AVV...how could Toronto possibly turn down this incredibly valuable asset?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I take this and run !!!
Haha I don't know...for a 23 year old top 20 dman signed long term at $5 mill AAV...think you could aim a little higher!

But seriously, don't mind me. I'm just having a little fun because an avs fan in another thread is insisting Girard is a top 20 dman because advanced stats without proper context. And when I pointed to some important context underlying Girard's high CF% and xGF%, specifically the rest of the team around him, this other poster flipped out and went straight to the petty insults :eyeroll:

Reactions: Barnaby

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Haha I don't know...for a 23 year old top 20 dman signed long term at $5 mill AAV...think you could aim a little higher!

But seriously, don't mind me. I'm just having a little fun because an avs fan in another thread is insisting Girard is a top 20 dman because advanced stats without proper context. And when I pointed to some important context underlying Girard's high CF% and xGF%, specifically the rest of the team around him, this other poster flipped out and went straight to the petty insults :eyeroll:
Girard has looked very good in the regular season I'm not much of an advanced stats guy more of eye test one. I think he played like a top pairing dman for before Makar came in. He was so elusive to avoid getting hit in dzone after a dump in and was one of the best in zone exits. Lately he keeps getting those kind of incautious hits that he didn't receive before and I think it changed how he sees when a team forecheck heavily. People started to only notice Girard in HF after the Vegas series before that there was some threads about him playing like a #1 dman or him getting underrated. But you know how HF works "what have you done for me lately". 6 playoffs games determine your worth and everything you've done before that have been erased. Kinda similar to the Marner's treatment around here.

Either way right now I clearly don't think he's top 20 dman.

Reactions: ljb4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad