Proposal: Colorado Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Drouin is injured…. Hopefully not out long.

Jake Allen had been wildly inconsistent. I don’t see the Avs having interest.

To be fair, the Habs have been playing like an AHL team in front of him this year. Allen is a very good goaltender, not a top 15 starter anymore, but solid enough nonetheless.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To be fair, the Habs have been playing like an AHL team in front of him this year. Allen is a very good goaltender, not a top 15 starter anymore, but solid enough nonetheless.
Habs are not getting a 1st for any combo of Drouin and Allen. That's crazy talk.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Unless Montreal is adding their unprotected 1st, no one is giving up a 1st plus for Allen and Drouin.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This isn't even just one 1st.

Olausson was just drafted in the 1st round less than 6 months ago and currently leads his Barrie team in Goals and Points after having a pretty damn good camp with the Avs as well.

This is two first round picks for two players who aren't even worth a single first round pick combined let alone two.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Why not Drouin + Price (50%) for Byram, Newhook and 1st? :dunno: Avs would probably include Girard for cap, and could take back Kulak for contract purposes.

Would give the Avs a good goalie and everybody knows Drouin has chemistry with Mack. Girard, though he has a high cap which lowers his value, is a french-canadien. Win-win.

Lately I've been wondering why AV's fans are so pissed at people underrating their players, reading posts like this I understand why.

This is absolutely awful for the AV's, like one of the worst proposals I have ever seen on HF bad. :thumbu:

Are you actually an Av's fan? WOW

Last edited:
Reactions: Brett44

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I dont think Sakic is in a position to laugh at anything right now. Colorado is in a win now mode with MacKinnon's contract coming at an end soon and the team is badly struggling at the moment, they need a quality goaltender, what Allen is, on a good contract and need a spark up front to get MacKinnon going, he who has only 1 goal so far this season. Drouin is an excellent playmaking winger when he is on and yeah, both had incredible chimestry in junior. This deal makes sense and fair for both sides.

MTL could retain salary as well, thats not a problem.

No it doesn't and no it isn't.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Lately I've been wondering why AV's fans are so pissed at people underrating their players, reading posts like this I understand why.

This is absolutely awful for the AV's, like one of the worst proposals I have ever seen on HF bad. :thumbu:

Are you actually an Av's fan? WOW

Price would basically guarantee a couple of cups (and Conn Smythes) and Drouin with his exceptional chemistry with Mack means the Avs can use both Landeskog and Rantanen on the 2nd line. Instant best fwd depth in the league. Getting Price at that bargain and unloading one of the worst contracts in the league in Girard means that deal is a steal for the Aves. Rivals the Roy-trade.

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012
The proposal is just missing a 2nd round pick to be consistent with the Halak + Ryder + 2nd meme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Price would basically guarantee a couple of cups (and Conn Smythes) and Drouin with his exceptional chemistry with Mack means the Avs can use both Landeskog and Rantanen on the 2nd line. Instant best fwd depth in the league. Getting Price at that bargain and unloading one of the worst contracts in the league in Girard means that deal is a steal for the Aves. Rivals the Roy-trade.

This has to be sarcasm, nobody could possibly be this naive.

upload_2021-11-7_13-13-26.gif

Reactions: Avaholic29

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Pretty sure Price with 50% retain wouldn't even get us future considerations from Colorado, let alone Drouin and Allen for a 1st.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The only player in the whole Habs organization worth 2 firsts is Nick Suzuki. Cole Caufield probably too but there's probably some GMs who wouldn't pay that price, aka not as high on him

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I dont think Sakic is in a position to laugh at anything right now. Colorado is in a win now mode with MacKinnon's contract coming at an end soon and the team is badly struggling at the moment, they need a quality goaltender, what Allen is, on a good contract and need a spark up front to get MacKinnon going, he who has only 1 goal so far this season. Drouin is an excellent playmaking winger when he is on and yeah, both had incredible chimestry in junior. This deal makes sense and fair for both sides.

Goaltending is nowhere near the issue and if we are going for a top 6 winger I’d prefer one that puts points on the board

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Jake Allen a top 15 goaltender? When was this? I must have been in a coma

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

Stop it. They were two great players playing together. There was no otherworldly chemistry there, they were just two guys way above everyone else when it came to skill level.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
lol i think you missed the "not a" that precedes that. Serious though, nothing to complain about with Allen. 2 of our 3 wins are because he had shutouts; he is solid, but even knights' armor only gets you so far when you are facing machine guns

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

As a Habs fan trying to be fair, Allen never was a top 15 goalie and never will be. However he is a great backup and he is very good as long as you don't overplay him. His performance is pretty much inversely correlated to the number of games he plays. Before Binnington took over in STL, he was playing way too much but the year after that as a backup he displayed a 92.7% save, last year he was great as long as Price was not injured and really bad when he had to play 3 games a week.

I think if the Habs were to trde him to COL, it should be without a discount but what is a good return for a backup goalie ? I don't have comps so I really don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad