News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Rudo and Eric are, IMO, the worst parts of that podcast after Jesse left (I could not stand listening to Jesse for more than 10 seconds). I barely listened before, with AJ and Meghan gone I doubt I ever will again.

I can handle Rudo. But Eric Lacroix is a sonic disaster. Jesse Montano is almost as bad. Neither one can string together a coherent thought without launching into a 5 minute, incomprehensible, irrelevant sub-reference.

Reactions: Ararana

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
I’ve wondered if Meghan from DNVR ever jumps into a role like that. While she was shy super and monotone when she came onto the scene, she’s lapped her counterparts at this point. Her questions have layers and often the best in the Avs media. She certainly knows NHL and minor league hockey better than most hosts/game interviewers. Also, at risk of sounding weird.. she also has a face for TV. She’s really pretty. I’d have to assume she will go to TV eventually? Maybe I’m wrong.

I’m sure altitude doesn’t currently pay well due to their situation.
Had a feeling back when Katie was leaving. Meghan is far and away the best move here for altitude if she wanted it.

Lauren 3.0 incoming

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My brain is broken, but anytime I see your name I read it as "redandyellowcameltoe"

I apologize. Please forgive me.
You're not the only one.

Had a feeling back when Katie was leaving. Meghan is far and away the best move here for altitude if she wanted it.

Lauren 3.0 incoming
I actually think that would be a bad move, it would take Meghan away from what she does best--write, report, and take part in podcasts.

Also, just to be clear, Katie didn't leave, she was let go.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I actually think that would be a bad move, it would take Meghan away from what she does best--write, report, and take part in podcasts.
Agreed, but before Katie the last two persons on the gig got national jobs out of it so can see the appeal.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Yeah, I'd agree that doing in rink reporting and hosting pre and post game is not what she does best. Especially, because she seems so shy and quiet on camera. I wonder I'd she's moving to work for someone like The Post or The Athletic, or even with the Avs online media team.

But who knows. It won't be Kim Becker, as she has also left or been let go from Altitude.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The only personalities listed on Altitude TV's website for Avs coverage are Mose, Keefe, Ryker, and JML. Maybe they just go without an in rink reporter and have Keefer do all the interviews from the studio?

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
My brain is broken, but anytime I see your name I read it as "redandyellowcameltoe"

I apologize. Please forgive me.
Ha! Yeah, that’s definitely been said a couple times over the years. Im certainly not as active as I was a couple years ago but I’m glad the name potentially gives people a chuckle. It’s actually cheesy song lyrics from a tool song. A few people have noticed that as well.

My brain is also broken

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
You're not the only one.

I can see that side of things. Idk, what podcast can she be a part of. She’s definitely outgrown DNVR. Other than a national type podcast not much out there imo.

While she’s an awesome beat reporter, the pay has to be sub par. After seeing the blueprint of the two Laurens, I can see the appeal of attempting that path. She has a face for TV and let’s be honest, that’s a part of it.

I think it’ll be an adjustment for Meghan if she does do it. She’s going to have to turn up the excitement level but she’s already come a long way. When she interviewed Joe and Peter, she did well. I think it translated well and that’s the first time I wondered if she may go the TV route.

That said, this convo could be for nothing and she’s moving on to another local sports affiliate. Either way, I’m a fan of hers.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If she does join Altitude she can't just be the pretty girl. I'd expect her to do some analysis between periods and stuff like that.

I barely listened before, with AJ and Meghan gone I doubt I ever will again.
Yea there's no chance I'm listening again without AJ and Meghan.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The whole All City thing is getting pretty silly. So now there's "DLLS?" Ugh, you don't have to do the four-letter thing everywhere, guys.

Makes me wonder what they'll do covering the Arizutah Coyetis. SLCY? SLTK? UTAH? MRMN?

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Very weird (and possibly very dumb) for Altitude/KSE to dump 2 female on-air employees in the last 2 weeks, while leaving blowhards like Marc Moser and amateurs like Yan Stastny on the payroll. It means either: a) KSE is bringing in more/better female talent; or b) KSE isn't done culling the herd - and the boys are next.

Last edited:

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Yikes, that puts DNVR in a really tough spot after losing Jesse, AJ and now Meghan. The show has become a really rough watch since Rudo and Eric became the primary talking heads. They really need a total revamp.

Very happy for Meghan moving on to bigger, better things though. We all knew it was inevitable and I'm honestly surprised it took so long for someone to poach her. She'll be fantastic on Altitude if that's where she ends up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad