News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Damn, they really are driving up the number of games that making the ESPN+ package alone doesn't might not do it for me in the regular season. I've always had to purchase Sling.tv to watch the playoffs, but 17 games are national now? Even those on ESPN will probably be time delayed before hitting ESPN+ to try and drive subscriptions to their main channels (ESPN/ESPN2).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Jesse and Meghan were close and always paired together at DNVR so it wouldn't surprise me.

I still don't know who funds Guerilla and why they seem to have unlimited money for high end production, traveling, poaching employees from rivals, etc

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
More Meghan.

Less Jesse. A lot less.
I didn't watch enough DNVR to really know the cast. They had one guy that seemed kinda smart before the beers would kick in but then would get less tolerable. Was that Jesse? If so, as long as he's sober, I think he'd be pretty decent.

To be honest, if DNVR had < 0.08 BAC policy for on-air talent, they would have been a LOT more enjoyable for me. I don't know what it is about that model that strikes me so differently than when ESPN disrupted journalism and TV with a bunch of guys sitting behind a news desk (not even wearing ties for Christ sakes!!!!) using nicknames, slang names and pop reference cultures (this was all new to broadcast tv). But for some reason, DNVR just strikes me as slovenly unprofessional. Maybe it's me...I am getting older but didn't think I was that out of touch yet.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I don't listen to any of these blokes, but the Jersey Shore drama I get from here is that....

1. DNVR started from a bunch of people from Mile High Hockey.
2. DNVR was actually decent.
3. DNVR was then bad when alcohol was introduced.
4. There was a super band split due to AJ and Jesse being unable to work together?
5. Jesse starts his own band.
6. Jesse recruits Meghan.

This is way more interesting than the content they put out and I don't even know who Jesse is.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So I don't listen to any of these blokes, but the Jersey Shore drama I get from here is that....

1. DNVR started from a bunch of people from Mile High Hockey.
2. DNVR was actually decent.
3. DNVR was then bad when alcohol was introduced.
4. There was a super band split due to AJ and Jesse being unable to work together?
5. Jesse starts his own band.
6. Jesse recruits Meghan.

This is way more interesting than the content they put out and I don't even know who Jesse is.
Pretty much. Except AJ and Jesse never had any bad blood. They're still close from what I understand. There's just fundamental philosophy differences between their approach. DNVR Avs have always been a more "boys at the bar shooting shit about sports" vibe, while Jesse prefers more traditional coverage. With this add, I have very little doubt that Guerilla will become the go-to for boots on the ground Avs coverage from here on out.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There is nothing traditional about Jesse’s coverage. They don’t even bother with written content. Their YouTube has 3k subscribers. They are doing it solely off twitter hype with fancy cameras. If the Avs ever decided to create their own video content again with videos and interviews Geurilla would be in trouble. There’s no reporting to their coverage at all, even basic observations from morning skate and warmups are not on their radar. It’s just camera time.

Reactions: BleedWell

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
DNVR is toast. Meghan started slow but became the most talented and thoughtful reporter quickly. All they have now is AJ sort of.
I imagine Adrian Dater read this post like....

Jack Nicholson Nodding animated gif

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
There is nothing traditional about Jesse’s coverage. They don’t even bother with written content. Their YouTube has 3k subscribers. They are doing it solely off twitter hype with fancy cameras. If the Avs ever decided to create their own video content again with videos and interviews Geurilla would be in trouble. There’s no reporting to their coverage at all, even basic observations from morning skate and warmups are not on their radar. It’s just camera time.
You sound kinda bitter about being stuck in days past with burgundy radio, which was more surface-level than the both of them. Guerilla has been the only outlet that consistently provides coverage both on the road and in the locker room. That seems like what Meghan gravitated towards and I can't blame her for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad