Colorado Avalanche Board Fan Biographies

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I'll check it out. There's a lot of locations all throughout downtown. One also by GW. Friend lives there, so maybe when I'm in that region of town. Tell them to put a location somewhere on the Red line ;) That's the train I ride every day.

Uh... Just spoke to my dad... Bethesda, Maryland is one of 4 we are opening within 8 months... :|

643cade

Aug 30, 2011
Colorado
You rarely see Ryan O'Byrne as someone's favorite player. :)

This is true lol. He just really impressed me last year when the majority of the D corps were sorely lacking, he consistently works hard and is a team guy. He's a sweetie too. Plus the 45 sec shift when he was all "Y SO SERIOUS" after the Hall skate incident was just epic. Yeah, he's my favorite. :) I know a lot here rag on him sometimes, lord knows I do on my Twitter lol. But I just can't help it, Big Sexy is awesome to me (that nickname.... hahahaha). :laugh: :D

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Uh... Just spoke to my dad... Bethesda, Maryland is one of 4 we are opening within 8 months... :|

Good choice :) Downtown Bethesda is one Metro stop outside DC (and I live 2 blocks from the station). Lots of businesses call Bethesda home (Lockheed Martin, for instance) as well as my employer, NIH :) Upper middle-class neighborhood (upper class anywhere else in the country except living expenses in DC are ridiculous). It's a great location to have a restaurant.

SuchADangerous

Nov 17, 2011
New York City
Name: Scott
Favoite Music Artist(s): The Toy Dolls, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Dropkick Murphys, Rancid, Jawbreaker, Broadway Calls, The Menzingers, **** Sparrer, Angelic Upstarts, Stiff Little Fingers....I could go on and on.
Favorite TV show: Californication or Boardwalk Empire.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Blood Meridian, anything by Matthew Reilly or Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child.
Favorite Av: Landeskog, was beyond stoked when we drafted him. Varly's up there as well.
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic, Marek Svatos
Favorite non-Av: Ryan McDonagh, Anze Kopitar
Next or other favorite team: Bruins, Rangers, LA.
How else is hockey in your life?: I played through high school, played beer league through college. Want to get back to playing.
Favorite Av moment: Gotta be seeing Sakic hand the Cup to Bourque in '01. A top 10 hockey moment of all time, period.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Growing up, Chris Drury's father was my coach. Still have an old Drury jersey I wear out drinking from time to time :laugh:

budaj guy

Mar 7, 2012
Northern Alberta
Name: Gino
Favorite Music Artist(s): Kutless, Dragonforce, Skillet, Simple Plan, Nirvana, Metallica
Favorite TV Shows: Sportscenter, hockey games, golf
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): John Grisham, Tom Clancy
Favorite Av: Duchene, followed closely by Landeskog and Hejduk
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic, ainec
Favorite non-Av: Jonathan Toews
Next/Other Favorite Team: Don't really have one, maybe Edmonton or Calgary just because they're from Alberta
How else is Hockey in your life: played some minor hockey as a kid, played on outdoor rinks every day growing up, played rec league hockey for years, but haven't played much in the last couple years due to knee and back problems
Favorite Av moment: gotta be the 2001 season, start to finish. wasn't able to watch much of the 96 finals due to work, but watched all but 5 games in the 2000-01 season
How and when did you become and Avs fan: grew up an oiler fan, but remember instantly liking Sakic when he arrived in Quebec. After Gretzky was traded, I still followed his career but became a Quebec fan mostly because of Sakic. I'll always have a soft spot for the Oil because I was so die-hard as a kid, but as an 11 year old, I felt betrayed by them when they traded the Great One.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
Name: Quinn
Favorite Music Artist(s): Metallica
Favorite TV Shows: 24
Favorite Av: Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Av: Roy, Sakic, Forsberg, Galiardi
Favorite non-Av: Parise
Next/Other Favorite Team: Vancouver
How else is Hockey in your life: Former player
Favorite Av moment: Last game of 2003 season when Colorado clinched Northwest, Forsberg passed Naslund for Art Ross, Hejduk passed Naslund for Rocket
How and when did you become and Avs fan: Patrick Roy trade, 1995

Mr Green

Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I'm new here so I thought I'd come here first to say hello. I've lurked for awhile, because I love fan reactions to all things, but I decided to start posting. :)

Name: Harry
Favoite Music Artist(s): Green Day, Bob Dylan, Tallest Man On Earth
Favorite TV show: The Simpsons, Doctor Who, Mad Men
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): History books
Favorite Av: O'Reilly & Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic
Favorite non-Av: Lundqvist
Next or other favorite team: Boston maybe?
How else is hockey in your life?: I play in an adult league.
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Cup.
LEAST favorite Av moment: Does getting a beer thrown at me by a Blackhawks fan at the United Center count?:

croAVSfan*

To introduce myself...:)

Name: Filip
Favoite Music Artist(s): Various croatian bends
Favorite TV show: X-Files
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): History books, mostly WW2 period
Favorite Av: O'Reilly, Landeskog, Varlamov
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Kamensky
Favorite non-Av: K-L-M line
Next or other favorite team: SC Bern, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, EX-CCCP
How else is hockey in your life?: Play in-line hockey, hockey video games
Favorite Av moment: Two SC-s
Least favorite Av moment: 03/04 season :( All-star team lost division title for the first time and lost against Sharks in PO :shakehead

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Been here for a while but never introduced myself.

Name: Rohan
Favorite Music Artist: Opeth, Deftones, The National, Ulcerate, Thrice
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones, How I Met Your Mother
Favorite Avs: Ryan O'reilly
Favorite Ex-Avs: Joe Sakic
Favorite non-Av: Ryan Getzlaf, Jonathan Toews
Next favorite team: None
Favorite Av moment: Uwe Krupp's 96 Game Winner
Least Favorite Avs moment: Game 6&7 Against Detroit in 2002 Playoffs
How and when did you become an Avs fan: Whole family followed their Nordiques allegience

Last edited:

CycleofViolence

Avs Fan in NY
Jun 21, 2011
New York
Favorite Music Artist: Down, Skeletonwitch, Black Tusk, Napalm Death, Clutch
Favorite TV show: Sons of Anarchy, Deadwood, Justified, Breaking Bad
Favorite Avs: Landeskog, Duchene, O'Reilly, Hejduk
Favorite Ex-Avs: Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Foote
Favorite non-Av: Ryan Callahan, Bobby Ryan, Nicklas Backstrom, Thomas Vanek
Next favorite team: Sabres
Favorite Av moment: Sakic-to-Bourque
Least Favorite Avs moment: Lemieux hit on Draper, Bertuzzi assault on Moore
How and when did you become an Avs fan: Joe Sakic was my favorite player growing up so I naturally gravitated towards the team in the late 90's.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hello. My name is Ceremony. I like the Avalanche, hockey, good penalty killing, Pearl Jam, redheaded women and arguing with people on the internet. I dislike lazy hockey players, bad AI in video games, people younger than me, people with a bad grasp of the English language (native speakers that is, if it's not your first language you have an excuse), bad music and my life, I suppose.

I'm a bit wary of being on a board this size (it took me about ten minutes to find the "Page 2" bit on the homepage) but I like hockey, so I think I should be alright.

Last edited:

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Name: Damian Boos
Favorite Music Artist: Misery Signals, Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah, Common, One Be Lo and Souls of Mischief
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones
Favorite Avs: Duchene, Varly, Landeskog and O'Reilly
Favorite Ex-Avs: Joe Sakic and Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Eric Staal and Cam Ward
Next favorite team: Canes
Favorite Av moment: Anytime Joe scored against the Wings
Least Favorite Avs moment: Game 7 against Detroit in 2002 Playoffs
How and when did you become an Avs fan: 1996 when I was 8 or 9. My whole family are all die hard Wings fans, but I never liked them. Then I saw Sakic play, and it was over for me. Ever since all my family and friends in MI know where I stand when it comes to hockey...alone. lol

avsandleafsfan

Feb 9, 2011
Down Yonder
Just a long time lurker who is going to start to post here and there...

Name: Jake
Favorite Music Artist: Rush, Iron Maiden, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Queen... most classic rock/metal in other words
Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead, NCIS, The Simpsons
Favorite Avs: Landeskog, Duchene, O'Reilly, Varlamov
Favorite Ex-Avs: Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Blake, Drury
Favorite Non-Avs: Grabovski, Kessel, Stamkos, Chara
Next Favorite Team: Maple Leafs :help: :sarcasm:
Favorite Avs Moment: Sakic handing the cup to Bourque in 2001
Least Favorite Avs Moment: Its a tie between Game 7 in 2000 against the Stars (BOURQUE HIT THE POST!!!) and Game 7 in 2002 against the Red Wings (....)
How and when you became an Avs fan: As a little kid, I liked the Nordiques because of their jerseys and Joe Sakic. I just simply continued to follow them once they moved because of Sakic.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Well, just killed an hour or so at work unsuccessfully sifting through 10 pages of this thread hoping to discover a hint towards TPS' mysterious backstory, but now that I'm here I might as well introduce myself finally, somewhat.

Name: Adam
Favourite Music: Will listen to basically anything, iPod is mostly country
Favourite TV Shows: Game of Thrones, Justified, The Office, Dexter, Walking Dead... too many more to list
Favourite Avs: Duchene, ROR, Landeskog, Varlamov
Favourite Ex-Avs: Roy, Mueller, Gali
Favourite Non-Avs: Mike Richards, Marchand, Bergeron, Benn, Hartnell, Giroux
Next Favourite Teams: nobody in the West, Bruins and Flyers in East
Favourite Avs Moment: Wings Brawls
Least Favourite Avs Moment: Loss to Sharks in '03/'04
How and When you became an Avs fan: First memory of hockey on tv was the initial Avs-Wings brawl. Been a fan ever since, also played goal as a kid and loved Roy.
How else hockey is in your life: Played as long as I can remember, lived and breathed hockey through school, now follow the Avs religiously in spare time during college.
Position: Center
Shot: Left

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2012
Name: Lauri
Favoite Music Artist(s): Bob Marley, The Roots, RATM, "Peter McNabb" ;)
Favorite TV show: The Oz, 24, Walking Dead
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Dan Brown, Tom Clancy
Favorite Av: O'Reilly, Landy
Favorite Ex-Av: Burnaby Joe, Foppa
Favorite non-Av: Claude Giroux, Teemu Selanne.
Next or other favorite team: Flyers, Hawks
How else is hockey in your life?: nhl.com/20times, a day =), Few times on ice per week during the season, perhaps beer league next season.
Favorite Av moment:Sakic handing the cup to number #77.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I guess it was some cool hockey card of Patric Roy in 1996, since then been more or less intrested of the club

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Name: Travis
Favoite Music Artist(s): Classic rock in general
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones, Justified, Walking Dead
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): George Martin
Favorite Av: Duchene, Bordy, Pajamas (Skating bloopers)
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic, Roy, Bourque
Favorite non-Av: Shattenkirk
Next or other favorite team: NYR
How else is hockey in your life?: Grew up playin hockey, go to as many games as I can. Schedule doesn't permit me to play anymore. anymore. Son loves the sport and the team already.
Favorite Av moment: Sakic to Bourque cup pass
LEAST favorite Av moment: Bertuzzi's cheap shot
How and when did you become an Av fan?: use to live in very northern ny. Parents and family were big nord fans. I followed.
Shoots: Right
Position: defense

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Should've posted here a few months ago, but I guess now's my time.

Name: Matt
Favorite Music Artist(s): Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold, classic rock like Boston, Thin Lizzy, and pretty much any music that was made before 2008.
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Don't really read
Favorite Av: Duchene, Stastny, Varlamov
Favorite Ex-Av: Sakic
Favorite non-Av: Teemu Selanne
Next or other favorite team: Ottawa Senators
How else is hockey in your life?: I play floor hockey, always played hockey in the garage everyday. Good times.
Favorite Av moment: Gotta be 2001 Game 7 SCF
Least favorite Av moment: Bertuzzi's cheap shot
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Always liked watching Joe Sakic, and I really liked their logo/jerseys so I guess that's how I became a fan.
Position: RW/LW

Last edited:

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Name: Kris
Favorite Music Artist(s): Anything with Jack White
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Dexter
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): too many to list
Favorite Av: Duchene, Varly
Favorite Ex-Av: Roy, Liles
Favorite non-Av: Kopitar
Next or other favorite team: Panthers
How else is hockey in your life?: Played since I was little, Still play in mens league
Favorite Av moment: Gotta go with Joe handing the cup over to Bourque
Least favorite Av moment: The goal that ended Roy's career.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Watching them in the playoffs in 96. Solidified by the goalie duel between Roy and Beezer. Being a young goalie, I was hooked on Patrick after that night.
Shoots: Left
Position: Goalie

Last edited:

member 116861

I've been on here for a while and a lot of you know me but with the recent bump of this thread, I thought I would finally do this.

Name: Sunny
Favorite Music Artist(s): J.Cole, Nas, Lupe Fiasco and AZ
Favorite TV show: Sons of Anarchy
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Not a fan of fiction, if I'm reading then it has to be non-fiction.
Favorite Av: Paul Stastny
Favorite Ex-Av: Joe Sakic
Favorite non-Av: Ryan Suter
Next or other favorite team: Nashville Predators
How else is hockey in your life?: Play a bit of road hockey, play a lot of NHL EHM 2007 and NHL 13, I also enjoy watching the AHL and the World Championships.
Favorite Av moment: "Sakic fakes it, takes it, SCORES!"
Least favorite Av moment: When we re-signed Shane O'Brien in June. I was so confident that he was a goner but then I heard the news that he was re-signed.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When I played Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on the N64 with my brother when I was 4, I really liked the Avs logo so I became a fan of the team.
Shoots: Left
Position: Left Wing

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The details of my life are quite inconsequential ... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloé with webbed feet. My father would womanize. He would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon ... luge lessons ... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets ... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Why not....

Name: Rob
Favorite Music Artist(s): Alternative, Rock, Folk, Vocal Jazz/A Capella, Classical, Showtunes
Favorite TV shows: Lost, BSG, Star Trek, Newsroom, House, etc etc
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Shakespeare, Ludlum, Poe, Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein
Favorite current Av: Landeskog
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg, Lemieux
Favorite non-Av: Drew Doughty, Malkin
Next or other favorite team: none, but root for players
Favorite Av moment: Seeing #77 win the cup in 2001
Least favorite Av moment: Bertuzzi AINEC.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Started watching Hockey playoffs in early 90's and after the Lindross issues, started following the Nords because I thought Lindross was a jerk for not wanting to play there. After learning about and seeing Sakic play, I was hooked.
Did you play hockey? Never. Would have to relearn how to skate at this point. Did not even have an ice rink in town until I was 10.
Position: Much better GM or penalty box official than I would be anywhere near the ice.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad