Collapse of the PAC-12: Oregon State & Washington State left in the dust

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
El Paso is “west of Texas while technically being in Texas.” Which is to say that, when it comes to potential viewers and recruiting, UTEP isn’t the Texas we’re thinking of. It’s basically a New Mexico extension.

That being said, when things shake out, UTEP probably will head to the MWC. They’re an inexpensive get

The MWC and the Pac-X each need two more schools at some point. Eight or nine for both the minimum and ease of scheduling. With the (reverse) merger apparently off, both sides would be best served by calling a truce. Figure out what four schools fit the bill - granted it's slim pickings of UTEP, Texas State, New Mexico State, take your pick of the top western FBS schools and split them evenly.

The trickle down from the Power Conferences is just insane. As a Robert Morris alum I peak in at the Northeast Conference every so often, since they jumped to the Horizon. I don't even recognize the NEC anymore. It's four schools I remember and a bunch of D-II schools who moved up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad