Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/MINUS: Pens need a 40 goal lead to close it out! (Pens/Bs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’m gonna have to take a longer break. I only watched a few games so far and missed the 5 goals in this one, but from what I’ve seen/checked stats for…yikes.

I’m blown away we scored 5. Never close to scoring for the entire time after that 5th goal. So I basically just watched us get shit on.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
You bring back the same guys who can't get it done any more, and you bring back the same coaching staff that has no answers any more...like, what was anybody expecting? The time to put this thing out of its misery was after the Rangers series and they inexplicably and laughably doubled down.
They deluded themselves cause they took the rangers to game 7 with a third string goaltender but it turns out that goaltender was probably better than Jarry.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wanted Sullivan extended and the Pens did that. There's a lot of people (rightly) calling for his head right now.

Eh, I think extending Sullivan was really nonsensical when they did and I've been a supporter of his. His new contract extension doesn't even kick in until 2024-2025. He wasn't in a lame duck year, he still had 2 years left, so why give him an extension now?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Eh, I think extending Sullivan was really nonsensical when they did and I've been a supporter of his. His new contract extension doesn't even kick in until 2024-2025. He wasn't in a lame duck year, he still had 2 years left, so why give him an extension now?
Well, i didn't want him fired at any rate. But this current stretch is the type that gets a coach canned.

I truly wonder if there's a limit here to this. I know FSG extended him and it'd be embarrassing to can him, but even they have to have limits, right? What do they do if this becomes an 0-6 or 0-10 or whatever stretch

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think the tone starts from the top and it's Sully, GCR.
Sid individually plays like a total clown when he's playing with them. Trying to play cutesy stuff while that waste of life Marchand just kicks his ass again and again and again, up and down the ice. Not to mention Pastrnak.

GCR against the perfection line...if any of our Baghdad Bob types think it's a fair fight, it is not.

Then Petry is nothing special.

Then Jarry has an off night.

Do y'all realize that if Boston had a single PP in the 3rd this wouldn't have even made it to OT? Our PK is an embarassment.

This team deserves to be checked out

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
That was 2021 playoffs Jarry...if it wasn't for the post, it would have over sooner in ot.

A lot of issues with this group right now, and after the quick start to the season, I sure didn't see it cropping up like this.
Even in those wins effort was questionable in most of the games. Bad habits seep in and they've continued to get soft and quit early. They do need a shakeup and even that might not be enough but its the only thing that's going salvage the season at this current rate.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Sully isn’t getting fired with that contract.

Gotta piss and moan about them doing other things to change the team. Or just don’t care enough to complain about it.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
That last goal in OT was terrible defense by Pettersson just waving his stick near the puck blocking the view of Jarry who was not very good either against a good Boston Bruins team..

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’m gonna have to take a longer break. I only watched a few games so far and missed the 5 goals in this one, but from what I’ve seen/checked stats for…yikes.

I’m blown away we scored 5. Never close to scoring for the entire time after that 5th goal. So I basically just watched us get shit on.

I don't blame you. We are a horrific, turtling, slow unentertaining team.

Not worthy of season tickets, legal or illegal streams.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
Me: The Pens can't possibly be as bad as the Steelers.

Penguins:
giphy.gif

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Sully isn’t getting fired with that contract.

Gotta piss and moan about them doing other things to change the team. Or just don’t care enough to complain about it.
Playoff revenue > what they would lose in that contract. It’s still too early to make that calculation but you bet your ass a coaching change is possible if they keep losing- especially in brutally embarrassing ways.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
We probably have to trade for a legitimate top pairing guy. The guys we have aren’t going to cut it. Letang and Petry have been bad to quite bad and Dumo looks like he belongs in a league on another continent. I don’t really see a way out of this until we improve on the defensive corps.

Heard John Marino is pretty good

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I was out to dinner and was sure they'd have been run out of the building by Boston once it finished.

Not sure I wouldn't have preferred that.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don't blame you. We are a horrific, turtling, slow unentertaining team.

Not worthy of season tickets, legal or illegal streams.
It’s a shame because usually this time of year I spend more time watching football then start ramping up hockey later on. Our teams are doing me dirty right now, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad