Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/MINUS: Pens need a 40 goal lead to close it out! (Pens/Bs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
0E7993E1-CD33-4D72-92A5-06708F115F7B.jpeg

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
They never regained the PH compete level after dumping him. They didn't replace his net front presence, didn't replace his toughness, and most importantly, they didn't replace his desire to win every shift.

The only guys who want to win seem like Zucker and Rakell, but I imagine that they will start going into self-preservation mode too.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just an embarrassment…I hope they’re not so stupid to sink a lot of $ on Jarry…he’s really not making the stops to win them games

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Shame on FSG for unnecessarily extending Mike Sullivan this summer.

-Jarry sucks. Can we please stop talking about extending him now?

Let’s see how deep those FSG pockets are and fire Sully.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

SomeOldDude

May 27, 2016
VA
This team looks like they need a coaching change.

Glad the Penguins gave Sullivan a multi year extension when he still had multiple years left on his current deal.
It's not the coach bro...it's the team. They are old and don't give a shit anymore. Get used to it as this is the team for 4 more years and they will suck for at least 8 lol.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'm starting to sour on Petry. There's no extra gear to his game, but his poise also kinda sucks for a guy who likes to slow it down. And his powerplay instincts are just as bad as Letang's, but in a different way.

I like Rutta though
Petry is awful on the PP his whole career. If we know that, then Reirden should know that.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
You bring back the same guys who can't get it done any more, and you bring back the same coaching staff that has no answers any more...like, what was anybody expecting? The time to put this thing out of its misery was after the Rangers series and they inexplicably and laughably doubled down.

Reactions: AjaxTelamon

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Unacceptable. And letting in that last goal puts a lot on Jarry.

It might be that you can't consider Sully's position, but there should be a clear out as regards the special teams coaches. We are embarrassing on the PP and worse still on the PK.

Not the only things wrong by any means, but it loses you a lot of hockey games. So disappoint.

Reactions: Darren McCord

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That was 2021 playoffs Jarry...if it wasn't for the post, it would have over sooner in ot.

A lot of issues with this group right now, and after the quick start to the season, I sure didn't see it cropping up like this.

Reactions: Andy99

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
That ot pp was pathetic. It is like they expected scoring chances to just magically appear without doing a thing to pull the Bruins out of position.

Defending 4 guys with 3 guys in a triangle really isn't a challenge when the 4 guys are pretty much just standing around.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I wanted Sullivan extended and the Pens did that. There's a lot of people (rightly) calling for his head right now.

None of those people foresaw *this* level of slump though. If you're one of those people, don't even pretend you did lol. You saw first round exits, sure, but not a team that would be in danger of digging their own grave in October.

But either way, I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong and unless the Pens pull out of this tailspin and soon then I was absolutely wrong to call for Sullivan to be extended. But who saw this coming? I saw the danger of first round exits. I did not see the danger of a team completely looking like they forgot how to play hockey. That's whta we're seeing right now.

This is hideous to watch and even the most ardent anti-Sullivan posters did not see this coming.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
At least it was an enjoyable game to watch.

We need to stop pissing away PP’s. (Pun intended?)

Jarry had an awful game.

Outside of the Archibald goal, our bottom 6 was pathetic once again. Although to be fair, Sully was very top-heavy with the TOI tonight.

Reactions: Fordy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad