Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/MINUS: Pens need a 40 goal lead to close it out! (Pens/Bs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I could do a lot of complaining but I want to actually focus on the thing I see the most: We have absolutely NO compete level. Bouncing pucks... we lose the battle or skate right by it. Need to stop and start? Nope... Big ole loops. Can we make a 6 foot pass? No.. let's force it between 3 guys on the powerplay to see if we can get a crazy 1 timer out of nowhere. Defensive zone? We turn the puck over more.

Getting older and stronger was supposed to stop this. This is the absolute worst I've seen this team at being strong on the puck. We force passes, turn the puck over, and our goaltending is laughable.

LosingStreak06

Dec 11, 2017
How many times in NHL history has a goalie been pulled, then put back into the game, and then gotten the win?

If this isn’t the first time it’s happened it’s gotta be a short list.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Second time they’ve blown a 2-goal lead in the 3rd period.

Thankfully I didn’t watch until OT.

Seems like whenever the Pens score early in a nationally televised game, they lose.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I could do a lot of complaining but I want to actually focus on the thing I see the most: We have absolutely NO compete level. Bouncing pucks... we lose the battle or skate right by it. Need to stop and start? Nope... Big ole loops. Can we make a 6 foot pass? No.. let's force it between 3 guys on the powerplay to see if we can get a crazy 1 timer out of nowhere. Defensive zone? We turn the puck over more.

Getting older and stronger was supposed to stop this. This is the absolute worst I've seen this team at being strong on the puck. We force passes, turn the puck over, and our goaltending is laughable.
We have compete level at times. But we can't string it together for 60 minutes, our special teams is garbage, and we're porous defensively

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

You can look at this team and placed a lot of issues top down.

No compete
PP Sucks
PK Sucks
Team has no structure
Wildly inconsistent

The only reason they have wins is skill to score. Coaching is non-existent

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
ESPN announcer: “stunning development”
Me:
first-time-james-franco.gif

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
This team is hard to watch right now.

On a mental level it doesn’t feel like this is a professional team…

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
haha... i left work at 5-3 and told my friend they would lose by the time I got home:

Colepens said it all. The Defense is bad but our Forwards are just lazy and turn it over... .so many failed clears and straight up passes to Bruins.

We are a bad team right now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm starting to sour on Petry. There's no extra gear to his game, but his poise also kinda sucks for a guy who likes to slow it down. And his powerplay instincts are just as bad as Letang's, but in a different way.

I like Rutta though

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We probably have to trade for a legitimate top pairing guy. The guys we have aren’t going to cut it. Letang and Petry have been bad to quite bad and Dumo looks like he belongs in a league on another continent. I don’t really see a way out of this until we improve on the defensive corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad