Confirmed with Link: Cole Perfetti signed 2X 3.25AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Actually we got bigger as Miller will be in for Schmidt and Stanley is almost assuredly now in as the starting bottom pairing LD with Ville's injury.

Whether we got better with these changes is another matter entirely.
Miller is a step up from Schmidt i think but Stanley is a step down from Dillon.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Miller is a step up from Schmidt i think but Stanley is a step down from Dillon.

I don't disagree but i am hopeful that Snerg might be a better fit for Pionk then Dillon was. For all the good he brought that pairing was poor. If he is then perhaps the d actually improves over last year.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Was just about to post this.

I'm sure this wasn't how Chevy saw spending his cap space this summer....

Plan A was Monahan, plan B was Henrique.

Scott Billeck and others have reported Cole was never offered a long-term deal from the team, so we know he was not Plan C.

Unpopular take: they are content with spending less in real dollars for the season. Accruing cap space for the deadline is a bonus. See how it plays out.
@NA Hockey would know, Billeck doesn't know shit compared to him.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Signing Dillon = c***b***ck Ville

For a fanbase that complains about how poorly the org integrates youth, there sure is a lot of backlash towards letting a 34 year old, slowing, vet walk to make room for a rookie

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Was just about to post this.

I'm sure this wasn't how Chevy saw spending his cap space this summer....

Plan A was Monahan, plan B was Henrique.

Scott Billeck and others have reported Cole was never offered a long-term deal from the team, so we know he was not Plan C.

Unpopular take: they are content with spending less in real dollars for the season. Accruing cap space for the deadline is a bonus. See how it plays out.

Yeah, with Chipman's comments last year I'm sure he's not to upset with spending a bit less.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree but it must be tough not to think adding a player or 2 might be just enough to put you over the top especially when we went into the playoffs a very good team. We did abandon our good defensive play in the playoffs but it always seemed we were playing from behind early in those games against Colorado. Helly is one of the best goalies in the league but he absolutely has to be better come playoffs especially the last 2 years .
End rant part 2 .:laugh:

I have no problem believing that adding 1 or 2 new rentals won't move the needle for one playoff run. The odds suck and if that isn't enough our results would indicate we don't know how to add pure rentals at the deadline.

For me "IF" we move draft capital I want players or prospects coming back with term or team control in the near future. Lets get at least two or three seasons out of them.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

For a fanbase that complains about how poorly the org integrates youth, there sure is a lot of backlash towards letting a 34 year old, slowing, vet walk to make room for a rookie
Obviously no one knows fully what Chevy's plans were but apparently he had made offers to both Manahan and Dillon, but I'm not sure how the money would have worked? After signing Perfetti to a bridge deal we only have $2.53 in cap space and Dillon is going to be making $4 M X 3 and Manahan $5.5 M X 4.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Time for the confetti.
1000007763.gif

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

I think letting Dillon walk was the right move but it makes us a weaker team this season. I suspect a lot of the other "complainers" see it that way too.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012

Heinola, great. Just what this team needs, another 6 foot weak defenseman. We don’t have enough of those. Hopefully the NHL eliminates body contact from the game.

Reactions: Bigfish

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Heinola, great. Just what this team needs, another 6 foot weak defenseman. We don’t have enough of those. Hopefully the NHL eliminates body contact from the game.
I like dmen who are able to make an outlet pass. Failed zone exits and the resulting counterattack is one of the major things that killed us vs the Avs

I'll take an averaged sized puck mover over a big plug any day

And I'll also pass on signing 35 year olds to 3 year deals

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I like dmen who are able to make an outlet pass. Failed zone exits and the resulting counterattack is one of the major things that killed us vs the Avs

I'll take an averaged sized puck mover over a big plug any day

And I'll also pass on signing 35 year olds to 3 year deals
I'd take an average size, somewhat physical puck mover any day -

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Helly has to be better also, i know i have said this a few times but to me the Vezina winning goalie has to be way better. Helly is one of the best goalies in the league if not the best and him not playing well is like MacKinnon not showing up for the playoffs for Colorado.
Agreed. I’m a big Helle supporter, but I’m at the point where I want to see Conn Smythe level playoffs instead of Vezina level regular seasons.

Until he and the team does that, he’ll go down as one of the better regular season goalies to NEVER win in the playoffs.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
And in both cases, the $'s are a significant step down - probably more of a $ gap than what was lost in talent.

Pionk?

What's "average sized"? Heinola reported at 6' 180
I don't think size alone has much to do with it - which is why I added physical.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And in both cases, the $'s are a significant step down - probably more of a $ gap than what was lost in talent.

I don't think size alone has much to do with it - which is why I added physical.

The issue with Pionk is that he's bad at doing his chief job which is move the puck. He had among the worst zone exit Microstats on the team last year.

One of the reasons I like the idea of playing him with Snerg as he is above average in terms of breaking the puck out and better in that regard than Dillon.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The issue with Pionk is that he's bad at doing his chief job which is move the puck. He had among the worst zone exit Microstats on the team last year.

One of the reasons I like the idea of playing him with Snerg as he is above average in terms of breaking the puck out and better in that regard than Dillon.
I wasn't commenting on Pionk - more about the 2 players the poster commented on.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Obviously no one knows fully what Chevy's plans were but apparently he had made offers to both Manahan and Dillon, but I'm not sure how the money would have worked? After signing Perfetti to a bridge deal we only have $2.53 in cap space and Dillon is going to be making $4 M X 3 and Manahan $5.5 M X 4.
You would have to think if Monahan and Dillon were signed, then Iafallo and likely Ehlers would have had to been moved. There really isn’t enough cap space to have everyone.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Define "physical"

As long as a guy who is 6'0 180lbs has good body position and takes away pass lanes with his stick, he's more than big enough to defend successfully at the NHL level. Some of the best all time have been around that size including Bourque, Coffey, Lidstrom, etc.

He's bigger than Toby was, and he was a great puck retrieval/1st pass guy

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad