Confirmed with Link: Cole Perfetti signed 2X 3.25AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Better not give up another 1st for a rental. Best deadline acquisitions could be from our own pipeline that’ll cost zero assets.
That might cost us our next. Vesalainen, Stanley, Heinola, Licious, or Roslovic, just to try and win a Stanley Cup? I want more prospects to cheer on, Cups mean nothing.

The point is that they chose a different method on dealing with a slumping player. The Canes did the same with Jarvis the year prior and they were a serious contender.

Also please don't give me that the Kings aren't trying to win a cup while they still have Doughty and Kopitar as strong players.

Bones chose his method on how he wanted to deal with it. Some other coaches would have chosen differently.
Bowness has chosen differently. It’s almost like he isn’t just treating every player the same with zero evaluation.

Reactions: Buffdog

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That might cost us our next. Vesalainen, Stanley, Heinola, Licious, or Roslovic, just to try and win a Stanley Cup? I want more prospects to cheer on, Cups mean nothing.

Bowness has chosen differently. It’s almost like he isn’t just treating every player the same with zero evaluation.

I don't trust this org to actually target the correct deadline piece. Chevy killed team speed with his choices last year.

Reactions: Bigfish

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Last year in the regular season Winnipeg had 259 goals for and LA had 256 goals for.

Jets didn’t need to trade for offense at the deadline. We had a plus 60 goal differential last season which was 4th best in the NHL so we had plenty of goals for considering how committed we were to defense. We got to the dance with Team defense and goaltending giving up a league low 199 goals against. We should have stuck with that. Instead we gave up a draft class to “hopefully” insert more goalscoring into our top 6, f***ing with the team chemistry. The results were a disaster in the playoffs as we seemingly abandoned team defense and went T2T with Colorado??? Can’t blame that all on the rentals but we did change out 40% of our top 6 assets.

Adding at the deadline has only worked for us once and that wasn’t even a 1st round pick we gave up. The process has failed for us the rest off the time. We don’t do deadlines well at all.

Fools gold.

Hey I have no problem trading quality draft capital for assets that can improve our roster for years to come, but not for rentals on expiring deals that we walk out the door after our annual playoff sweep in the last 4 games.

End rant :laugh:
I agree but it must be tough not to think adding a player or 2 might be just enough to put you over the top especially when we went into the playoffs a very good team. We did abandon our good defensive play in the playoffs but it always seemed we were playing from behind early in those games against Colorado. Helly is one of the best goalies in the league but he absolutely has to be better come playoffs especially the last 2 years .
End rant part 2 .:laugh:

Reactions: ps241 and Buffdog

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't trust this org to actually target the correct deadline piece. Chevy killed team speed with his choices last year.
I liked what Monahan brought to the Jets and we got him a month before the deadline so we got a little more out of him than a normal deadline day trade.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Come on what. His deadline acquisitions couldn't keep up in the playoffs and were a big part of why our second line shit the bed.

Sometimes chemistry is more important then getting the big names at national overpay day.
Ehlers shit the bed. He’s the so called line driving god. Monahan near single handedly fixed the PP.

The Jets lost in the playoffs because of their undersized defense that got absolutely overpowered by Nuke and the teams inability to clog the middle of the ice. That’s all the Stars did. They lined up at the blue line and didn’t leave the trailer in the middle wide open coming down on them 100mph.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It like anything helps if used correctly. Ehlers doesn't use his correctly in the playoffs.

The point is we went from an average skating team to a below average one and Colorado as a result skating laps around us.
Helly has to be better also, i know i have said this a few times but to me the Vezina winning goalie has to be way better. Helly is one of the best goalies in the league if not the best and him not playing well is like MacKinnon not showing up for the playoffs for Colorado.

Reactions: BoneDocUK

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah the d was an issue as well, maybe Chevy should have targeted a quality dmen instead of a one dimensional scoring winger. Hence my point on not grabbing the right things.

Helly has to be better also, i know i have said this a few times but to me the Vezina winning goalie has to be way better.

They need to load manage him in the regular season. He's not young anymore and needs more rest so he's sharp in the playoffs. It has been painfully obvious the last two series that he wasn't sharp. I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented yet, especially last year with one of the best backups in the league.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Ehlers shit the bed. He’s the so called line driving god. Monahan near single handedly fixed the PP.

The Jets lost in the playoffs because of their undersized defense that got absolutely overpowered by Nuke and the teams inability to clog the middle of the ice. That’s all the Stars did. They lined up at the blue line and didn’t leave the trailer in the middle wide open coming down on them 100mph.
And theyve gotten even smaller now that Dillon is gone......
Thats legit my biggest concern going into the season is our soft as butter D corps. Samberg is the only guy with decent size but he's a kitten out there.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Thats legit my biggest concern going into the season is our soft as butter D corps. Samberg is the only guy with decent size but he's a kitten out there.
“That’s part of the benefit of having a physical group. That’s why you see teams go the distance with a big D-core and physical teams. And it’s why you rarely see teams that are small and skilled go far, because they get hurt.”-Brad Marchand

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Actually we got bigger as Miller will be in for Schmidt and Stanley is almost assuredly now in as the starting bottom pairing LD with Ville's injury.

Whether we got better with these changes is another matter entirely.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Actually we got bigger as Miller will be in for Schmidt and Stanley is almost assuredly now in as the starting bottom pairing LD with Ville's injury.

Whether we got better with these changes is another matter entirely.
Stanley is tall but gets his ass kicked regularly and he also sucks which doesnt help.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
We could have signed him.
Was just about to post this.

I'm sure this wasn't how Chevy saw spending his cap space this summer....

Plan A was Monahan, plan B was Henrique.

Scott Billeck and others have reported Cole was never offered a long-term deal from the team, so we know he was not Plan C.

Unpopular take: they are content with spending less in real dollars for the season. Accruing cap space for the deadline is a bonus. See how it plays out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad