Confirmed with Link: Cole Perfetti signed 2X 3.25AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Dillon wasn’t going to give the Jets a discount as it is likely his last contract before hanging around on league minimums and going with 22 men doesn’t save you $1.5 M. You also have extra costs with injuries. Anyway you slice it the Jets would have had to unload salary if they signed either Dillon or Monahan.

I don't think he would have given them a discount either. But his ask last Dec might have been more modest. By the time Chevy made an offer he had already decided to move on. He expressed disappointment with not having been offered an extension months before hand. As a UFA, I think there was some competition for him and the contract went up, especially the term.

Reactions: Bigfish

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think he would have given them a discount either. But his ask last Dec might have been more modest. By the time Chevy made an offer he had already decided to move on. He expressed disappointment with not having been offered an extension months before hand. As a UFA, I think there was some competition for him and the contract went up, especially the term.
In a vacuum I probably would have kept Dillon as I quite liked what he brought to the team. But if the organization thinks Heinola is part of the future then at least they needed to give him a chance at a role. They would still had to shed a contract which would have been fine as long as we didn't have to pay too a high price to do it.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So the Jets are rolling into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak. Who comes out of the line up for Cole?

Toffoli has just put up 5 points in his last 7 games and is the team's leading goal scorer.

The only argument you can make for Cole at that point is to put him on rhe 4th line, which I would agree with. Bones wanted to run an energy 4th line... that's the only real issue here that I have with the whole scenario. I think Barron - Names - Perfetti could have been a great 4th line, but a 4th line RW isn't going to win or lose a series for you
Bowness changed the 3rd pair (inserting Stanley) despite the success the Samberg-Schmidt pairing had all year. He also forced Samberg to his off-side. He never tried Miller as a possible replacement for Schmidt. That was a big miss.

Perfetti on the 4th line would have been fine in the playoffs, instead of Gustafsson.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Bowness changed the 3rd pair (inserting Stanley) despite the success the Samberg-Schmidt pairing had all year. He also forced Samberg to his off-side. He never tried Miller as a possible replacement for Schmidt. That was a big miss.

Perfetti on the 4th line would have been fine in the playoffs, instead of Gustafsson.
Slow Gus actually wasnt bad in the PO's, don't know how little slow Perfetan would have made a difference especially with helly forgetting how to play goal!

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In a vacuum I probably would have kept Dillon as I quite liked what he brought to the team. But if the organization thinks Heinola is part of the future then at least they needed to give him a chance at a role. They would still had to shed a contract which would have been fine as long as we didn't have to pay too a high price to do it.

Yeah, Ive tried to figure out a way that keeping Dillon would have worked. I don't think there was one that didn't lead to losing Heinola, probably for nothing. I was surprised when Chevy finally did make an offer to him.

So I'm sorry we lost Dillon but I think it was necessary. Really unfortunate that Heinola is injured again.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I don't believe Dillon was a go forward option for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad