Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Pros know best they say...episode 1 million...

For my english friends, Pascal Leclaire ex-goalie, October 26..that was yesterday....suggested to put Caufield on the stands 'cause we don't see him aside from all the goals he scored...BUT FROM THE SAME PLACE!!!!

Oh wow

I don't know that Pascal Leclaire guy, but this is some of the supidest shit I've ever heard, related to hockey

Reactions: SlafySZN

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Shooting % varies but I dont see a compelling reason why Cole wouldn’t have 2-3 seasons with 18% or so a la Matthews.

On 300 shots it yields 55 goals and I think this is his ceiling right now.

To get even more he needs more 5v5 dominance to improve his shots total (Matthews was close to 400 last year…at 18% it’s just nasty)

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
That is exactly when I thought when I read the article especially since I saw someone post here a few days ago that he was playing the worst hockey of his carreer right now. smh

Its probably fair to think he's got more to give (outside of his finishing right now). He's shooting at a lower rate than he has in his career, but I like his shot selection a lot more. And while Montreal improved this weekend, but they've been epically bad defensively. Cole plays a role in that, but assigning blame is complicated.

He's not going to remain this hot shooting, but he's also got more to give. But the idea of benching him is pure insanity.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Its probably fair to think he's got more to give (outside of his finishing right now). He's shooting at a lower rate than he has in his career, but I like his shot selection a lot more. And while Montreal improved this weekend, but they've been epically bad defensively. Cole plays a role in that, but assigning blame is complicated.

He's not going to remain this hot shooting, but he's also got more to give. But the idea of benching him is pure insanity.
The Caufield in his sophomore season who looked like he could qb a PP will rear its head at some point

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Needs to get his shots up. Last night was a step in the right direction (although he missed the net a few times) and we need to see more of that. He’s not finishing the season with a 30 percent shot number. It’s really nice that it’s flipped from last year but I expect that his shots will go up and the percentage will go down.

Great to see his shot seems to have more zip, that bodes well. Going into last season I thought he had a good chance at 50. That obviously didn’t work out… but he’s got a good chance at it this season. Hopefully he has a full healthy year. If he does, I think he’ll get 50.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Pros know best they say...episode 1 million...

For my english friends, Pascal Leclaire ex-goalie, October 26..that was yesterday....suggested to put Caufield on the stands 'cause we don't see him aside from all the goals he scored...BUT FROM THE SAME PLACE!!!!

It's Buddy Ryan, former coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, on why they got rid of receiver Chris Carter. "All he does is catch touchdown passes". :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Whitesnake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad