Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

Hockey Joe

Dec 18, 2007
Montreal
He's much better down low to sneak up to shoot then on the half-wall, trying to set him up à la Ovechkin, where he gets pinned against the board and out of the zone. He's quick but not powerful.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Best thing we’ve seen with him is that he’s actually sniped a couple of goals. Those kinds of shots weren’t going in for him last year. That’s really great news for him and us. Hopefully he can stay healthy. 7 goals in 6 games is a terrific start.
6 in 6. But impressive nonetheless, tied at 2nd with Panarin for goals scored in the NHL.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
Ah, Yahoo had listed it as his 7th of the year.

1729519932000.jpeg

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Anyone else wonder why he constantly dekes in the shootout when he's got such a great shot? Drives me crazy. Ryder used to do the same thing.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I find Slaf plays better when he shoots. He even seems to pass better. Always looking for a pass doesnt work. Same for Dach.
I think Slaf has been alright. He's a little bit too tentative but people forget he is only 20. At the end of last season the team was eliminated he could play without pressure. It's the first time he is asked to play on a 1st line with the pressure to win. There was some hype at the beginning of the season, warranted or not, and there was definitely some pressure to win. I think the worse player on that line has been Suzuki. He is the vet he has to show the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad