Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
RECENT CANADIENS TO SCORE EACH OF FIRST 3 TEAM GAMES

COLE CAUFIELD (SEASON 24/25)

TOMAS PLEKANEC (SEASON 14/15)

LARS ELLER (SEASON 13/14)

YANIC PERREAULT (SEASON 01/02)

STEPHANE RICHER (SEASON 96/97)
It’s nice to see him getting a multi goal game too. That was missing last year. Only had one near the very end of the season.

Here’s hoping he can keep it up.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Was always about the recovery time from the shoulder surgery, which may be a blessing in disguise as it forced him to diversify offensively last year to make an impact and now his shooting ability looks almost back to 100%.

Plus Demidov is likely collateral damage from Caufield having a “down year”.

I’ll take it. Lol

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Last year wasn't the year , this year might be it
Last year sucked. The numbers weren’t bad but they should’ve been so much better.

It’s too early to say that he’s all the way back. But it’s certainly encouraging that he ended last year the way he did and started as he has.

But it’s important to remember that he started last year well too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Spewing out useless info is how Ron Maclean made a living :(
It’s not useless to look how a player is performing. Whether stats are spread out of multi years doesn’t matter either if we’re using it in a predictive way on how a player will perform. That’s how we do it with every player.

The difference with Caufield is he’s still so young and has few NHL games. The injury makes things less predictable but the hot finish last year and the hot start now is encouraging.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
It’s not useless to look how a player is performing. Whether stats are spread out of multi years doesn’t matter either if we’re using it in a predictive way on how a player will perform. That’s how we do it with every player.

The difference with Caufield is he’s still so young and has few NHL games. The injury makes things less predictable but the hot finish last year and the hot start now is encouraging.

I never doubted Cole, it's Slaf I would like to see getting a few more chances.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
IT DOESN'T (respectfully)
And that is a respectful/genuine laugh and not a mean ‘you’re wrong’ laugh. Though you are wrong haha.

But before I go off—tell me why, if I wanted to project what range of goal scoring Caufield would settle around perennially, would I not be able to use an 82 consecutive game sample size as a data set to back up my assertion?

Why would it be more wise to ignore it completely?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Last year wasn't the year , this year might be it
His shooting percentage will never be as low as it was last season. He shot below the league average shooting percentage and is obviously a very above average finishing talent. Even though he played the entire season a good portion of last season was most likely difficult getting timing and power back after his surgery

Obviously he's not going to keep shooting 40% this year but 14-16% is easily in his range based on how good he can be at finishing and that would almost double his shooting percentage from last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad