PTO: [COL] Jack Johnson signs PTO with the Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
He can pair with MacDermid on the blueline.

What could possibly go wrong?
Would possibly be the worst pair of all time. It has to be some kind of experiment. But if theres any team that can carry these two stiffs its colorado.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Let's analyze this.

Old moves:
Zadorov has bounced around to Calgary, playing pretty comically bad in Chicago
Cole is Cole, he provides little except his dad appears on the Avs board from time to time

New moves:
Graves may play well in NJ, but he basically cost the Avs the Vegas series and is incredibly soft for his size
Timmins trade. The plan was Murray, who you fail to mention.

I think you're wrong on all counts. Avs D is probably the best Top 6 group in the league.
I'm wrong about what? The team has less defencemen, injuries have happened every year, and the replacements are unproven kids and...Jack Johnson. Which am I incorrect about?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm wrong about what? The team has less defencemen, injuries have happened every year, and the replacements are unproven kids and...Jack Johnson. Which am I incorrect about?

If you're implying that Cole, Zadorov and Timmins should've been kept as replacement defensemen, I think that's unrealistic. Zadorov is too expensive for that, Cole is also expensive as a 7D. Timmins would be nice but he was demanded in a trade. I prefer MacDonald to the options of Cole or Zadorov at their contracts, or Timmins without a goalie.

Reactions: Richard88

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
893bc197-b034-42a6-9bc3-d0b5fc3397a9_text.gif

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
JOHNSON AND JOHNSON A FAMILY COMPANY

I recognize that this joke has probably been made here 27 times already, but I saw the headline, thought "no way am I reading three pages of a thread about Jack f***ing Johnson" and just replied. No more redundant than anything else in this thread I assume. Bombed out and depleted, etc.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Because most teams will sign guys to PTO to be warm bodies to dress during preseason and happily bid them adieu towards the end of camp. It's not like the regular guys need to play in every preseason game but CBA rules prevent teams from sending out an AHL roster.

I always laugh when I remember I went to a preseason game where the Devils had Tomas Kaberle and Mike Komisarek on PTOs. Neither guy earned a contract which is what happens to an overwhelming majority of PTO players.

Reactions: banks

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If he was in his 20's perhaps he could hypnotize the coaches with his physical ability, but now I doubt it.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
The next time someone asks you “you think you know more than an NHL GM?” drop the fact that in the last decade JMFJ played the 28th most minutes in the league.
NHL Stats

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Do people not have eyes anymore? Are they scouting with a pillow case over their head? I was told JJ was awful before he suited up for the Rangers. I knew it going in. But I wasn't prepared. It was bad. Sooo bad. The only reason I bring that guy into camp is to give the young forward someone to tool on and the to show the young Dmen "kid, this clown has been in this league for 10 plus years. You can do this."
Do people not understand what is a purpose of a PTO? Teams need bodies for preseason, yet every offseason people lose their mind when someone signs one as if the team just gave him 80mil over 8 years.

Reactions: Mordoch and banks

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I mean, it is a fair point that he's probably just there to make up the numbers and won't play a meaningful game for them, and his main qualities are being a good pro who'll accept the situation.

But the possibility he might just creep onto the roster and play is hilarious in itself.

Mind you, we Pens fans probably have more salt re JJ and the idea he belongs near a contender than anyone else.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Alot of nights in Pittsburgh JJ wasn't thr worst penguins on the ice and the only pens D who played with amy grit at all. Of course his contract and numerous lapses pushed him out the door but....
One must ask did performance cost the penguin success??? The NYI say NO.

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad