PTO: [COL] Jack Johnson signs PTO with the Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I wish nothing but the best for Jack. I am still sad that his dad f***ed him over and I hope that he finally puts it all together in Colorado and helps the team get to the next level

Here is to your future Jack!

200.gif

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Alright, PTO season!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, most PTOs don't lead to contracts. In some cases, it helps a team fulfill the CBA requirement of dressing at least 8 "veteran" players in preseason. Sometimes it seems like some people expect the core players to suit up in every preseason game. Most teams will have PTO guys to give some regulars the night off.

Looking at the Avs preseason schedule, there's a back to back on October 4th at Minnesota and one at home the next night against Vegas. I'd imagine they'd save most of the "A" squad for the home game while the "B" team gets sent to Minnesota. I'd bet a donut that Johnson is part of the "B" team and saves Girard/Toews/Byram from making a round trip flight.

Last edited:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
With the analytics approach that COL has taken in recent years, I’m surprised he even got a PTO. With that being said, he’s a warm body for training camp.

Reactions: HabsQC

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Seemed like there was always a rumor floating around that we'd pick him up back when our defense was terrible. Funny that he shows up now.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
is this to replace johnson with johnson when the inevitable injury happens?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I know everyone loves to make fun of JMFJ but honestly in his limited stint with NYR last season he was pretty solid for the most part, laid some big hits, and seemed like a good locker room guy. He’s not someone I’d want in my top 6 but as a 7/8D he’s fine

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Do people not have eyes anymore? Are they scouting with a pillow case over their head? I was told JJ was awful before he suited up for the Rangers. I knew it going in. But I wasn't prepared. It was bad. Sooo bad. The only reason I bring that guy into camp is to give the young forward someone to tool on and the to show the young Dmen "kid, this clown has been in this league for 10 plus years. You can do this."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad