Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
So do the Avs win the cup this year?

RoR traded, Blues win the cup
Eichel traded, Knights win the cup
Mitts traded ....
IMG_2861.jpeg

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Last time the Avs traded #4 to the Buffalo-Toronto area for a 2C worked out pretty well.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
He's 25 so yah he is young. If your so called 3rd like center is a leading your team in points and good on the defensive side of the puck then maybe you should re-evaluate whether he should be the 3rd line guy.

Another good strategy trade him so that is opens up room for a young player that Buffalo hopes develops into a player as good as Middelstadt.

It's a choice between a boat and a mystery box. A boat is a boat but a box could be anything, even a boat.
Sabres already had Tage and Cozens do much better last year as a 1-2 punch amazing how everyone only cares about 1 season last season some Sabres fans were ready to jettison Mitts lmao. While I don't particularly like this trade due to Byram's injury history the Sabres at forward can live without Mitts. Someone had to go and its certainly not the 2 guys you just signed 7x7 for.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Mittelstadt was a cap casualty. Plain and simple.

In a vacuum, the value is fairly close, but like you said, it doesn't make a ton of sense from a positional need for the Sabres.

Unfortunately, having Skinner making 9M, Dahlin making 11M, Adams giving Power 8+ million (for some reason), and then signing Cozens and Tage Thompson each to 7M+ deals, the team couldn't afford another high priced forward and still fill out their bottom 6, and Mitts deserves to be paid.
Byram will have to be paid too though, despite the concussion issues…
It s a mix of OTT having three top 4 puck moving LDs and SJS having Burns and Karlsson here…
Not sure it s a great idea to be honest.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Byram will have to be paid too though, despite the concussion issues…
It s a mix of OTT having three top 4 puck moving LDs and SJS having Burns and Karlsson here…
Not sure it s a great idea to be honest.
Sabres now have Power, Dahlin, Byram for their left side. Not too sure how the ice time will shake out? Do they move one of Power or Dahlin to shore up another area of need?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Sabres now have Power, Dahlin, Byram for their left side. Not too sure how the ice time will shake out? Do they move one of Power or Dahlin to shore up another area of need?

yeah I’m pretty sure we’re not moving an elite defenseman so we can feed minutes to a reclamation project. Adams is an idiot but not that big of one.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
yeah I’m pretty sure we’re not moving an elite defenseman so we can feed minutes to a reclamation project. Adams is an idiot but not that big of one.
So does one of the three left shot D play the right side then? Imo there might be more coming. Power or Dahlin could return a 1C no?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So does one of the three left shot D play the right side then? Imo there might be more coming. Power or Dahlin could return a 1C no?

Dahlin played the right side the entirety of last season and also most of his pre-NHL career. He isn’t going anywhere, not a f***ing chance. I’d move Power for an equivalent forward, but I don’t think Adams is smart enough for that considering what he apparently thinks good team construction looks like.

Reactions: Fatass

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
The great part about moves like this is that it isn't even really an all-in move. He's still an RFA next year, and his QO is $2.6m lol. Hopefully he fits the way they have envisioned and they lock him into a tidy little 6 year deal this summer. Nice piece of business getting rid of Johansen's $4m next year to make some room too. Heady stuff.

Reactions: S E P H

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't know if Adams pulls that off but it won't be Dahlin being moved... unless it's to the right side but I believe they pushed Power to the right tonight against TOR

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Move on from your best forward this year that busts his ass and has an inkling defensive awareness. Sounds like a recipe for success.
They have Tage and Cozens locked up but Mitts would have been an outstanding 2way 3C (and will be an excellent 2C) with the ability to move up the lineup and bring some experience to the lineup. Really a guy you hope to bring in and not ship out.

He wanted to be in Buffalo. I don't buy into the cap casualty argument. It would have been better to move a contract and even pay to move one. Byram is a nice player but doesn't seem to check any boxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad