Coaching is a serious problem.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It's like they can't win with some fans. The past few weeks it was all about the D zone coverage, they do well in that regard and the improvement is dismissed as if it wasn't the system working as intended and then you change the goal posts and bring up something different.
I wouldn’t say they did well in front of the net at all last night. The goals that were scored against were ugly and there were plenty more of ugly scrambles that we got bailed out on. Too many point blank opportunities close in the slot. I expect some of that with such a green team but still a lot to be desired.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
The only player from last year’s roster is Guhle and we're playing worse this year than last year.

Again — no one is expecting the moon, just some serious hockey. Be hard to play against. It isn’t asking for much.

No one should call for MSL’s head either, but he should do a better job of coaching. These issues are not sudden or new. We’ve always been tactically naive. It’s time to shape it up.
Being hard to play against would mean the team is fundamentally a decent team. A bottom-tier team is not a decent team. We aren't there yet so to expect them to be a decent team is asking a little too much.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I wouldn’t say they did well in front of the net at all last night. The goals that were scored against were ugly and there were plenty more of ugly scrambles that we got bailed out on. Too many point blank opportunities close in the slot. I expect some of that with such a green team but still a lot to be desired.
So first I would mention, that by narrowing it down to "in front of the net" it's already moving the goal posts from the complaints (Not necessarily yours in particular) over the past couple weeks about coaching, systems, etc...

Second, sure there were some down low chances but it didn't seem particularly bad to me so perhaps it's a case of expectations especially when it comes to coaching. Because I don't think any coach/system can prevent a giant from driving the net and scoring a goal, good players can and will overwhelm you from time to time, that's why they are good players.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
For me it s hard to argue that CAR defense squad is made of great Dmen but they buy in a very efficient system which yields convincing results.
I can see the similarities but that Carolina defense has a lot, and I mean a lot of experience. Habs defense is much too green and expecting that kind of play from them is a little unfair at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad