Coachella Firebirds: News and Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
We also signed Ottavainen, Kokko and Goyette (not AHL eligible for next year though) to their ELCs.

I'd say GM Francis has done a good job drafting and signing free agents.:clap:

Last edited:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Triple OT win for the birds last night. Up 2-1, but then again, so were the Kraken.

Evans, McCormick and Olofsson with the goals. Lind got an assist to, I believe, hold onto his playoff points lead. Melanson played.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Is there two more rounds left? How does the Pacific stack up to the rest (hoping we beat a heavyweight already). Wish I had the bandwidth to watch them more but between having a family, Seattle sports teams, and Celtic I'm already maxed out

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Having a successful AHL team is a phenomenal achievement.

I think the front office really doubled down on the AHL team. They spent the money to get the guys needed to be successful, and the Kraken prospects are great complimentary pieces. I think several of those players are playing in the NHL for a weaker team. They could probably all make the yotes.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Why did we have three home games to Calgary's two, by the by?
In the first two 5 game rounds the higher seed has the honor of choosing whether they want the first two at home or not. I think Calgary's mindset, based on how well they did against the Birds toward the end of the season, was "we'll win two at home and win one of the last three on the road."

Problem for them was losing that first one 6-3!

• Love

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Last nights game was electric. My only beef with the team is the let up after scoring a goal. These last few games they have been giving up goals within a minute of scoring. They need to clean that up going forward.

Great thing about this success is guys like Kartye, Froden, and Daccord getting good experience to propel themselves to regulars on the Kraken next year and into the future. Its highly unlikely well be watching them live in the Desert next year.

• Love

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Admirals were my favorite AHL squad for the last two decades or so. Hopefully this series goes the same way that the matchup between my former favorite NHL team and my current favorite NHL team went earlier this spring.

Reactions: fivehole32

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
It's pretty darn impressive that the Firebirds would be this good this soon. Bylsma's doing a good job.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Pulling for the FireBirds against the Hershey Bears the oldest Franchise in AHL history and Coachella Valley the youngest one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad