Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They are certainly waiting to name at least an interim replacement. They've now got effectively 24 hours or less for someone to come in an name the lineup for tomorrow, gosh isn't there usually a pre game skate? You would think they would have known when they let Deboer go whom they were naming to replace him. Wasn't that rather a key thing?

Stay tuned I guess.

It is a bit unusual for Lou to fire someone and not have a formal announcement or at least talk to the media till the next day...but whoever is the coach I'm sure will be there for the morning skate and even having someone come in tomorrow morning would still give whoever more time with the team than Lemaire had when he came in the afternoon of the Isles game in 2010.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
They are certainly waiting to name at least an interim replacement. They've now got effectively 24 hours or less for someone to come in an name the lineup for tomorrow, gosh isn't there usually a pre game skate? You would think they would have known when they let Deboer go whom they were naming to replace him. Wasn't that rather a key thing?

Stay tuned I guess.

Only reason Lou didnt make it public who the new coach is or why he didnt amswer any questions today is because he wants to address the team first tomorrow morning.

My money is on a interim coach from the org and it being Kowalski

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
If they name a permanent replacement then Paul MacLean would be a good choice. Most of the news articles have him as the top fit for the Devils. Bringing him in now would give him a good look at the players on hand. Unfortunately nobody can win with this pile of crap roster, but at least he'd be able to see what players are worth bringing back next year.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
This firing won't radically fix anything in the short-term, but it had to be done at some time. Either this year or next. I will make a prediction by stating that the next permanent coach that Lou hires will be his last. I'm sticking by that.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Rule Bylsma out, he is mtl covering the wjc as of a cpl hrs ago

Not that I think it is him, but it doesn't take that long to travel from Mtl.

That said the reason fir this situation is because the team was going to announce it tomorrow, but Pete's side leaked it to get ahead of the narrative. This could get nasty.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It will be an interim coach. Possibly someone Lou can pull the strings with fully to assess his roster (because I assume he knows the season is pretty much done).

I am curious if there is a story on why this wasn't done tomorrow or before xmas and the fact he wants to address the team first.

Most likely nothing but curious.

And again this had to happen and was inevitable.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
OMG praise baby Jesus....my prayers have been answered.

Wait..wait....let me pinch myself hard.

OUCH!!!!! SONOFAB****....

OMG, this really happened? I mean, about 3 years after I asked for it, but better late than never.

ChristmasMiracleHeader-618x275.jpg

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Not that I think it is him, but it doesn't take that long to travel from Mtl.

That said the reason fir this situation is because the team was going to announce it tomorrow, but Pete's side leaked it to get ahead of the narrative. This could get nasty.

Wouldn't surprise me, but where did that come from regarding Pete's side leaking it, or are you just speculating?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Lou will see if they can get another HC in here to clean up and evaluate a new system and players to keep. Otherwise I think the further housecleaning and purge commences in February.

I'd expect Foligno or Barr as interim HC before a new system is decided upon this offseason.

Hilarious and a bit sad how we have a habit of firing coaches right around Christmas/Boxing Day.

Pretty much this.

This is step one of a fumigation process.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It will be an interim coach. Possibly someone Lou can pull the strings with fully to assess his roster (because I assume he knows the season is pretty much done).

I am curious if there is a story on why this wasn't done tomorrow or before xmas and the fact he wants to address the team first.

Most likely nothing but curious.

And again this had to happen and was inevitable.

You definitely have to look for pink slips in your Christmas stocking if you work for Lou. MacLean canned two days before Christmas, DeBoer canned the day after it. If anything they would have been better off canning Pete between last Sunday-Tuesday to give the new guy an evaluation game before the break and basically a whole week around it instead of having a new coach come in shotgun-marriage style on Saturday.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I kind of have a feeling it was done before Christmas, to be honest with you.

That Lou still has to address the team says it was done already and scheduled to be announced tomorrow. Pete's side leaked it to McKenzie and the Toronto media to get a head start on the narrative (which he needs to do to get another job with his resume)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That Lou still has to address the team says it was done already and scheduled to be announced tomorrow. Pete's side leaked it to McKenzie and the Toronto media to get a head start on the narrative (which he needs to do to get another job with his resume)

What does announcing it and doing spin a day early do? Unless Pete's afraid Lou's really going to bury him tomorrow.

If Pete's half as popular as he supposedly was last year when Toronto and other teams were waiting for him to come free then he'll have a job before the end of the season regardless. Hell he might have the Sharks' job in a week :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What does announcing it and doing spin a day early do? Unless Pete's afraid Lou's really going to bury him tomorrow.

If Pete's half as popular as he supposedly was last year when Toronto and other teams were waiting for him to come free then he'll have a job before the end of the season regardless. Hell he might have the Sharks' job in a week :P

No idea, but I do agree Lou wasn't planning to announce this today so it must of been a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad