Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Nylander*

For purpose of discussion in the Leafs section about hiring this guy, anyone care to say how exactly did he ruin Larsson?

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
While we havent won a Cup since 03, we have generally been competitive.

04-10 we had some regular season success, made the playoffs, and did little else.

We sign Kovalchuk - which in terms of getting a player of that caliber on the team is not a mistake, hire Maclean, and go into the 10-11 season with insane hype. Then it all goes wrong.

A coaching hire - Lou's decision - ruins the season (and ironically saves the second half which really just shows how much of a mistake the original hiring was). Lou also chooses to not lock of Parise long term during this season.

Draft Larsson, hire DeBoer...still dont sign Parise long term...but optimism reigns supreme and some good trade acquisitions turn a 6th seed into a Cup finalist. There was much rejoicing (in May).

We keep the 29th pick for lord knows what reason. Then Parise leaves. Then the lockout.

12-13 started brightly then the wheels fell off.

13-14 started without any wheels. Which is amazing considering they traded their 9th for a goalie they didnt trust immediately to take over the position he was acquired for.

14-15 started with square wheels which fell off quickly.

Why did the wheels fall off? Partially DeBoer, partially Lou. Consider now that it has been since the end of the 09-10 season that we have been a definite playoff contender, one could say Lou has had plenty of time.

He is on his 4th coach (2nd interim?) in that time frame and has handled draft picks and personnel poorly.

He has had plenty of time to right this ship and has not. How many seasons, considering its been 4 (or 3 if you want to start from 2012), does he get to make it right?

He has created the problem and yet is being tasked with fixing it...if my doctor removed my heart instead of my appendix, I wouldnt let him replace my heart.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
For purpose of discussion in the Leafs section about hiring this guy, anyone care to say how exactly did he ruin Larsson?

Basically he has a leash on him . He makes a mistake, he will sit the bench for the rest of the game. The guy is basically forced to play it safe all the time and make sure he doesnt make mistakes, while guys like Zidlicky and Harrold who make just as many if not more mistakes, get a free pass, even get more play time...

Deboer has hit favorites, and it never was the young Dmen Gelinas/Larsson. Both have been use to getting around 12 minutes per game while Harrold gets 20 + for some reason.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
While we havent won a Cup since 03, we have generally been competitive.

04-10 we had some regular season success, made the playoffs, and did little else.

We sign Kovalchuk - which in terms of getting a player of that caliber on the team is not a mistake, hire Maclean, and go into the 10-11 season with insane hype. Then it all goes wrong.

A coaching hire - Lou's decision - ruins the season (and ironically saves the second half which really just shows how much of a mistake the original hiring was). Lou also chooses to not lock of Parise long term during this season.

Draft Larsson, hire DeBoer...still dont sign Parise long term...but optimism reigns supreme and some good trade acquisitions turn a 6th seed into a Cup finalist. There was much rejoicing (in May).

We keep the 29th pick for lord knows what reason. Then Parise leaves. Then the lockout.

12-13 started brightly then the wheels fell off.

13-14 started without any wheels. Which is amazing considering they traded their 9th for a goalie they didnt trust immediately to take over the position he was acquired for.

14-15 started with square wheels which fell off quickly.

Why did the wheels fall off? Partially DeBoer, partially Lou. Consider now that it has been since the end of the 09-10 season that we have been a definite playoff contender, one could say Lou has had plenty of time.

He is on his 4th coach (2nd interim?) in that time frame and has handled draft picks and personnel poorly.

He has had plenty of time to right this ship and has not. How many seasons, considering its been 4 (or 3 if you want to start from 2012), does he get to make it right?

He has created the problem and yet is being tasked with fixing it...if my doctor removed my heart instead of my appendix, I wouldnt let him replace my heart.
This is largely an incomplete picture being painted with horse manure.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Conte really should be the next one to go

For all the 1st round picks gone wrong...

Merrill, Gelinas, Boucher, Severson, and now Wood are looking good. Henrique was a later pick as well.

Devils have been finding gold drafting defensemen in the 2nd round lately.

On another note, the Devils went to crap because 2 superstars left in consecutive seasons. One is an unprecedented fashion. Drafting or pulling a steal in a trade are the only way to replace 2 40+ goal scorers who are deserving garnered the tag of "gamechanger".

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
For all the 1st round picks gone wrong...

Merrill, Gelinas, Boucher, Severson, and now Wood are looking good. Henrique was a later pick as well.

Devils have been finding gold drafting defensemen in the 2nd round lately.

On another note, the Devils went to crap because 2 superstars left in consecutive seasons. One is an unprecedented fashion. Drafting or pulling a steal in a trade are the only way to replace 2 40+ goal scorers who are deserving garnered the tag of "gamechanger".

They have no top 6 forwards in the system currently, maybe one if their lucky. Drafting at the forward position has been an absolute disaster for the last decade.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
i will say, if pdb goes to the leafs, i expect clarkson to get tons of ice time :laugh:
You guys warned Leaf fans about Clarkson yet they didnt' listen. They were thrilled to get him.... now? :laugh:

Now, you'll warn them about PDB but they will want him if (when) RC is fired... if Babcock isn't an option, they'll petition for him even more.... it's never a dull moment in Leafland.....

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Holy crap, that's right!

Without Gio's "uncle" Pete there, he could very well be on a one-way ticket back to the AHL wasteland again(and this time for good). :amazed:

Let's not prematurely bury Gionta yet...sadly he IS better than the other available options (Josefson/Sislo/Sestito) up front atm.

Harrold otoh is another story, I could definitely see him on the outs. Then again if Pete's evil half-brother skippy comes (Oates) all bets are off there too.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
I doubt Pete would do well in Toronto if he does replace Carlyle. He just isn't that good in front of the media and his standard lawyer responses aren't going to cut it when things get rough.

MountainGoat

I like Pete and think he's a good coach but I don't really care who the coach is at this point, we just need that top pick.

also the Oilers should hire him asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad